PDA

View Full Version : *** Official *** 9/7 Sox lose Post-Game Thread

doublem23
09-07-2011, 11:23 PM
3 of 4.

:shrug:

palehozenychicty
09-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Our standards against the Twinkies have been historically low, so I can't get mad at 3 out of 4. Danks hasn't been too hot lately.

hi im skot
09-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Our standards against the Twinkies have been historically low, so I can't get mad at 3 out of 4. Danks hasn't been too hot lately.

Danks didn't pitch an awful game. He set himself up for problems, but there were some typical Twins bloop hits to help seal his fate.

soxfan1965
09-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Danks hasn't been too hot lately. Good comeback effort by the team, but that big 4 spot was too much to overcome like Peavy's 1st inning 6 spot last week. Hard to lose when you see Detroit almost unstoppable lately.

JB98
09-08-2011, 12:02 AM
The Sox left 13 men on base. They really should have won this one. No clutch hitting at all.

Lip Man 1
09-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Ozzie's postgame comments...says stranding so many runners is "typical" for the Sox and has been that way since spring training.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-lack-of-clutch-hitting-typifies-soxs-season-20110907,0,1096052.story

Lip

PalehosePlanet
09-08-2011, 12:03 AM
We did our best to set the LOB record, but came up short. Good try fellas!!

palehozenychicty
09-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Danks didn't pitch an awful game. He set himself up for problems, but there were some typical Twins bloop hits to help seal his fate.

That's kind of what has been killing him lately. When he's not winning games, those one innings seem to get him.

samurai_sox
09-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Ozzie's postgame comments...says stranding so many runners is "typical" for the Sox and has been that way since spring training.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-lack-of-clutch-hitting-typifies-soxs-season-20110907,0,1096052.story

Lip

:?: more like since the second half of '06.

doublem23
09-08-2011, 12:09 AM

Not to mention Alexei's trademark in-game siesta

ChiSoxGal85
09-08-2011, 02:11 AM
Not to mention Alexei's trademark in-game siesta
And Rios' trademark "let's look at the 3rd strike right down the middle of the plate with a runner on 3rd and 2 outs."

Although the bat-breaking afterwards was mildly interesting. :rolleyes:

Zakath
09-08-2011, 07:06 AM
The magic number is now down to 12, which potentially means that Detroit could clinch the division in Chicago (not likely, but possible).

I suggest the Sox might want to take a few from Cleveland to ensure that that can't happen.

hawkjt
09-08-2011, 09:36 AM
I was involved in some stuff so I would check in on the game periodically,and everytime I did the Sox had multiple runners on base,with 2 outs,and AJ was grounding out,it seemed, or someone else.

AJ has hit well,but I swear the guy is one of the worst clutch hitters on this team. He has fewer rbis than Juan,who leads off,yet he is hitting around .290....Flowers has cooled off at the plate,but I pray he is the answer long term so that next year,we have a viable alternative to AJ grounding out to the second baseman 300 times.

Johnny had another one of those innings that lose games. We have had a few of those these this year. Ouch. Twins split season series 9-9.

asindc
09-08-2011, 10:20 AM
I was involved in some stuff so I would check in on the game periodically,and everytime I did the Sox had multiple runners on base,with 2 outs,and AJ was grounding out,it seemed, or someone else.

AJ has hit well,but I swear the guy is one of the worst clutch hitters on this team. He has fewer rbis than Juan,who leads off,yet he is hitting around .290....Flowers has cooled off at the plate,but I pray he is the answer long term so that next year,we have a viable alternative to AJ grounding out to the second baseman 300 times.

Johnny had another one of those innings that lose games. We have had a few of those these this year. Ouch. Twins split season series 9-9.

Well, at least that is an improvement. We have lost the season series to them every year since 2005. We actuallly won the last three series against them. Now if we can just sweep Detroit next week...

lpneck
09-08-2011, 10:27 AM
AJ has hit well,but I swear the guy is one of the worst clutch hitters on this team. He has fewer rbis than Juan,who leads off,yet he is hitting around .290...

To be fair, the guy has been hitting behind Dunn and Rios for most of the year. It's not like there is anyone on base for him to knock in most of the time.

It's also part of the reason why it seems like AJ is batting with 2 outs so often.

Nellie_Fox
09-08-2011, 12:18 PM
And Rios' trademark "let's look at the 3rd strike right down the middle of the plate with a runner on 3rd and 2 outs."

Although the bat-breaking afterwards was mildly interesting. :rolleyes:I just commented on this in another thread. It's the first time I ever remember him showing any emotion.

Ozzie said Rios is working hard (while POINTEDLY not saying Dunn was) so maybe he's just a guy who keeps everything bottled up inside and doesn't show anything outwardly, a guy like Baines.

Crestani
09-08-2011, 12:57 PM
I just commented on this in another thread. It's the first time I ever remember him showing any emotion.

Ozzie said Rios is working hard (while POINTEDLY not saying Dunn was) so maybe he's just a guy who keeps everything bottled up inside and doesn't show anything outwardly, a guy like Baines.

Except for being a clutch hitter like Harold..!!

Nellie_Fox
09-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Except for being a clutch hitter like Harold..!!No doubt. I was just talking about the stoicism.

GlassSox
09-08-2011, 04:18 PM
I just commented on this in another thread. It's the first time I ever remember him showing any emotion.

I think that there has been at least one emotional episode in the dugout.

BigKlu59
09-08-2011, 04:30 PM
The Sox left 13 men on base. They really should have won this one. No clutch hitting at all.

Welcome to your 2011 Cattle Prod Chicago White Sox..... I guess the theme this season was to work on their summer tans while on base.

BK59