PDA

View Full Version : We're 9 games back

Sufferin
07-13-2002, 11:37 PM
of a slightly better than mediocre team that's been without it's best starter all year. We have no clubhouse chemistry. The team has been terrible at such things as base running, fundamental defense and avoidiing the big inning for years now. Our "superstar" is in a season-long funk and shows no sign of improving.We just got swept in a DH by one of the worst teams in baseball.

Why does our manager still have a job??

TheBigHurt
07-13-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Sufferin
of a slightly better than mediocre team that's been without it's best starter all year. We have no clubhouse chemistry. The team has been terrible at such things as base running, fundamental defense and avoidiing the big inning for years now. Our "superstar" is in a season-long funk and shows no sign of improving.We just got swept in a DH by one of the worst teams in baseball.

why does nardi still have a job? :angry: ohh well

OKCSoxFan
07-13-2002, 11:50 PM
But hey -- our magic number is 69!

Jerry_Manuel
07-14-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Sufferin
Our "superstar" is in a season-long funk and shows no sign of improving.We just got swept in a DH by one of the worst teams in baseball.

Thomas has been slumping since the 2000 playoffs. People don't remember that he wasn't doing that well last year either.

The Sox don't admit their mistakes and fire people to often. Unless that person bad-mouths the organization.

Soxheads
07-14-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Thomas has been slumping since the 2000 playoffs. People don't remember that he wasn't doing that well last year either.

The Sox don't admit their mistakes and fire people to often. Unless that person bad-mouths the organization.

How many games did Frank play last year? I know he batted in the low .200's then.

Jerry_Manuel
07-14-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads
How many games did Frank play last year? I know he batted in the low .200's then.

20 games last year, hitting .221 with 4 homers and 10 knocked in.

nut_stock
07-14-2002, 12:16 AM

I think it was right around 20 games, so not a very good sample size.

Soxheads
07-14-2002, 12:17 AM
Well he was on pace to hit 32 home runs and about 80 rbi's! :D:

Jerry_Manuel
07-14-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by nut_stock
I think it was right around 20 games, so not a very good sample size.

Correct, wasn't a whole lot of time.

Well he was on pace to hit 32 home runs and about 80 rbi's! :D:

True, but his swing hasn't been there since the first half of 2000.

Soxheads
07-14-2002, 12:26 AM

Correct, wasn't a whole lot of time.

True, but his swing hasn't been there since the first half of 2000.

Thankfully Konerko's has.

It kind of makes me wonder who will be playing with the Sox in 2007. Besides Clayton, of course.

RKMeibalane
07-14-2002, 09:20 AM
In 2007, Joe Crede will probably still be in Charlotte. Ughh! Someone needs to fire Manuel and Williams. Are you listening, JR?

:baylor

"The White Sox have an opening for their managerial position. I guess I'll be able to stay in Chicago after all."

WinningUgly!
07-14-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
:baylor
"The White Sox have an opening for their managerial position. I guess I'll be able to stay in Chicago after all."

I don't want Baylor as manager, but honestly wouldn't mind seeing him as hitting coach.

voodoochile
07-14-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

I don't want Baylor as manager, but honestly wouldn't mind seeing him as hitting coach.

Hire Tom Kelly...

RKMeibalane
07-14-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Sorry about that. I was joking. I don't want see Baylor managing, period.

Jerry_Manuel
07-14-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Hire Tom Kelly...

I'm guessing he'll be out of the Sox price range.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-14-2002, 03:02 PM

I'm guessing he'll be out of the Sox price range.

Reinsdorf never hires anybody with major league managerial experience unless they are absolutely starving for a job and will accept a salary commensurate with their desperation.

See Torberg, Jeff. See also Fregosi, Jim.