PDA

View Full Version : **Official** Ho hum, another win in Minny Game one 9-5 postgamer

DumpJerry
09-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Back in the saddle!

We always win in Minny, right?

Procol Harum
09-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Don't stop now, boys! Another 24 in a row and we've still got a chance at this thing! :o:

Soxman219
09-05-2011, 04:42 PM
If there is a silver lining on this 2011 season, it's that the Sox aren't afraid of the Twins anymore.

October26
09-05-2011, 04:43 PM
The 9th inning was a little more exciting than I needed it to be. It took 3 closers but the Sox hung on for the win.

Humber pitched great today.

It always feels good to see the Sox beat the Twins.

kevingrt
09-05-2011, 04:44 PM
If there is a silver lining on this 2011 season, it's that the Sox aren't afraid of the Twins anymore.

This is true. Hopefully that fear does not transfer through Wisconsin, over Lake Michigan, and into Detroit.

Procol Harum
09-05-2011, 04:49 PM

My only question is that what's really been happening here, or are the Twins so awful that the old phobia's simply irrelevant? Watching the '11 Twinks it's pretty obvious that their fielding and fundamentals are nowhere near what they've traditionally been in this decade.

amsteel
09-05-2011, 04:55 PM
It's important to reinforce to the Twinkies that we are the third best team in the division. Maybe the second.

Is Sergio tired?

Chez
09-05-2011, 05:00 PM
Winning beats losing.

Lip Man 1
09-05-2011, 05:00 PM
13 more wins for a winning season.

Nice win but the offense still looks like ****.

67th time this year the Sox have scored three runs or less in a game.

Lip

hawkjt
09-05-2011, 05:05 PM
Good to see Humber have a bounce back effort. He was losing it when he got hit in the head and maybe the rest was needed. I want to count on him next year,so hoping he can finish strong. Most innings he has ever pitched so hopefully he will be even stronger next year.

Tonite,with Stewart on the mound...could be tougher.

LITTLE NELL
09-05-2011, 05:06 PM
13 more wins for a winning season.

Nice win but the offense still looks like ****.

67th time this year the Sox have scored three runs or less in a game.

Lip

The boys have to be a little tired, night game followed by a plane ride to Minny, probably got to their hotel around 3AM. After that and the sweep by Detroit I'm amazed we won, and now they have to wait around 3 or 4 hours for the night game.

voodoochile
09-05-2011, 05:13 PM
I didn't even watch... followed vaguely on ESPN but meh...

Glad they won but not even gonna post a graphic...

shes
09-05-2011, 05:34 PM
I didn't even watch... followed vaguely on ESPN but meh...

Glad they won but not even gonna post a graphic...

Yeah, I didn't watch, either. At this point, I'm watching Buehrle's starts in case they're his last in a Sox uniform, and that's probably it. This team is too hard to watch right now. The Tigers series completely deflated my spirit.

GlassSox
09-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Yes, glad that they won game 1 but after that embarrassment in Detroit I am a little burned out on Sox baseball. I just couldn't get real interested in watching but I did check on the game from time to time.

StillMissOzzie
09-05-2011, 05:42 PM
[slow clap] Yay. Losing streak is OVAH. [/slow clap]:(:

Humber looked pretty good though, I agree that the 2 weeks of probably did him a world of good. IIRC, he has gone much deeper into this season than ever before in his short career. And yes, a bit too much drama in the 9th after this past weekend's pukefest. :o:

And they scored ANOTHER 2 runs off the great Anthony Swarza (sp?) Lip that 67 games with 3 runs or less is the single most damning stat for this disappointing season, as it addresses it all - Dunn, Rios, Beckham, and even Pierre's slow start.:angry:

Now, if we can just get the Tigers to lose about 14 games in a row, since we know that these Sox will win anywhere from 6 - 8 of those games...:rolleyes:

SMO
:bandance:

sox1970
09-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Dylan Axelrod up. Pena to the 60-day DL.

Axelrod pitched 7 innings four days ago. Peavy replacement for the rest of the season?...please....

16th&State
09-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Yes, we got our asses handed to us in Detroit, but its always nice to beat the Twins! Lets rally up and take game 2!

ChiSoxGal85
09-05-2011, 06:54 PM
I have to laugh at the thread title. It wasn't that long ago that "another ho-hum win in Minny" would have been unheard of. Not that it makes this season any better, I just thought it ironic.

I think PK getting hit with that damn pitch has hurt his fielding some. I think he's lost a little mobility; if he's 100%, he gets that one grounder that scooted under his glove.

JB98
09-05-2011, 07:03 PM
It's important to reinforce to the Twinkies that we are the third best team in the division. Maybe the second.

Is Sergio tired?

I doubt it. He seems to have lost his release point on the slider, just as he did during his last rough patch in June.

I'd have to go back and watch the tape of the ninth inning to be 100 percent sure, but I don't believe Santos threw a single slider in this outing. He got beat on that pitch Saturday and he didn't have enough confidence to go to it today.

Serge had his velocity today, but big-league hitters can barrel up even good fastballs if they know it's coming.

Humber had his secondary pitches working well today for the first time since before the All-Star break. He also was ahead in the count far more often than not. It sucks that Humber had to spend time on the DL, but the results today suggest the time off did him some good.

DrCrawdad
09-05-2011, 07:11 PM

Axelrod pitched 7 innings four days ago. Peavy replacement for the rest of the season?...please....

This was an interesting addition. I hope Peavy is rested the rest of the season. All energy should be focused on 2012.

JB98
09-05-2011, 07:22 PM
This was an interesting addition. I hope Peavy is rested the rest of the season. All energy should be focused on 2012.

I disagree with this. Peavy's issue all year is his lack of stamina. He gives the Sox a good start, then comes back five days later and gets killed.

I'm opposed to coddling Peavy. He needs to be on the mound as much as possible. Right now, he's only good on six or seven days rest. That's not good enough. The only way he will regain his strength is by pitching.

DirtySox
09-05-2011, 07:26 PM
I disagree with this. Peavy's issue all year is his lack of stamina. He gives the Sox a good start, then comes back five days later and gets killed.

I'm opposed to coddling Peavy. He needs to be on the mound as much as possible. Right now, he's only good on six or seven days rest. That's not good enough. The only way he will regain his strength is by pitching.

He will likely be shut down. It sounds like he'd rather not continue pitching this year based on the interview after his recent shellacking. It was a grandiose affair blaming the wind, the park, his relief outing, and his arm. He then repeatedly pined for the coming off-season so he can get back to normal. Him wishing the season was over didn't resonate well with many, as it was right before the make or break Detroit series.

JB98
09-05-2011, 07:32 PM
He will likely be shut down. It sounds like he'd rather not continue pitching this year based on the interview after his recent shellacking. It was a grandiose affair blaming the wind, the park, his relief outing, and his arm. He then repeatedly pined for the coming off-season so he can get back to normal. Him wishing the season was over didn't resonate well with many, as it was right before the make or break Detroit series.

I don't doubt that he'll be shut down. I just disagree with that line of thinking.

DirtySox
09-05-2011, 07:33 PM
I don't doubt that he'll be shut down. I just disagree with that line of thinking.

I'm not sure what to think. All I know is his interviews and comments are often infuriating.

JB98
09-05-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm not sure what to think. All I know is his interviews and comments are often infuriating.

No question. I'm sure the doctors know best, but it just seems to me that Peavy is better off fighting through fatigue and rebuilding his arm strength now while the Sox are playing out the string. If he gets his ass kicked, so be it. This team isn't going anywhere anyway.

I don't believe Peavy will ever recapture his Cy Young form, but I want 100 percent of whatever he has left next year. I don't want to sit through another year of his excuses. I don't want another year of Peavy meltdowns in the middle innings. From my perspective, there's no time like the present to try to get over that hurdle.

DumpJerry
09-05-2011, 07:56 PM
I have to laugh at the thread title. It wasn't that long ago that "another ho-hum win in Minny" would have been unheard of. Not that it makes this season any better, I just thought it ironic.
Thanks. I wanted to send a message to Twinkie fans that their team matters no more.

Maybe Gardenhire will see this thread title and realize it is time for him to quit.

cards press box
09-05-2011, 08:28 PM

Maybe Axelrod or Zach Stewart or both will get Peavy's remaining starts, given that Phil Humber is back from the DL. Speaking of Humber, he gave the Sox 7 strong innings in Game 1 and

:winner

slavko
09-05-2011, 09:45 PM
The game story (I didn't watch) said Adam Dunn was in a slump. How do you know when Adam Dunn is in a slump? Anyone?

A. Cavatica
09-05-2011, 10:42 PM
The game story (I didn't watch) said Adam Dunn was in a slump. How do you know when Adam Dunn is in a slump? Anyone?

You can tell by his Sox cap.