PDA

View Full Version : Time to sit some vets...

Tragg
09-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Pierre, AJ and Rios. Play the kids. No point in Pierre taking more than a spot start from hereon out. Flowers needs the work - catch him most days. AJ can go a couple of times a week and play some DH. And Rios - well that may be giving him what he wants, but so be it. Play the young guys.

DickAllen72
09-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Pierre, AJ and Rios. Play the kids. No point in Pierre taking more than a spot start from hereon out. Flowers needs the work - catch him most days. AJ can go a couple of times a week and play some DH. And Rios - well that may be giving him what he wants, but so be it. Play the young guys.
Yep.

DirtySox
09-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Absolutely. Let's see what we have for next year while simultaneously falling into a top 15 protected pick for the 2012 draft.

BainesHOF
09-04-2011, 11:04 PM
You could make a case that Dunn should play everyday now.

Noneck
09-04-2011, 11:09 PM

Yea he should be given the opportunity to see if he can stay out of the record books.

GlassSox
09-04-2011, 11:10 PM

Nah, he didn't earn any playing time send him to his room :tongue:

Soxman219
09-05-2011, 12:23 AM

Might as well.

StillMissOzzie
09-05-2011, 12:25 AM
Part of me wants to see Dunn play again, just so he does "earn" his way into the Hall of Shame record book for most K's It would also serve as proof that Ozzie waited about a month too long to park his ass on the bench, when it still mattered and might have made a difference.

SMO
:gulp:

thomas35forever
09-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Probably the right time to do it. I want to see Viciedo, De Aza, Flowers and maybe even Lillibridge in there every game for the rest of the season. We really have nothing to lose anymore, so why not?

Frater Perdurabo
09-05-2011, 07:51 AM
Probably the right time to do it. I want to see Viciedo, De Aza, Flowers and maybe even Lillibridge in there every game for the rest of the season. We really have nothing to lose anymore, so why not?

Yes. We won't learn everything about these guys by letting them play every day for the next four weeks, but we'll learn less if they only platoon or rot on the bench.

SI1020
09-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Play the kids yes but please no more Dunn. Not this year. Not ever.

rcescato
09-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Yea he should be given the opportunity to see if he can stay out of the record books.

LOL Now thats impossible!! He is the new Mendoza line. Nobody ever wants to be at the new "DUNN" line!!

Over By There
09-05-2011, 09:09 AM
I have tickets for Cleveland next weekend. Definitely hoping to see the younger guys play.

SOXSINCE'70
09-05-2011, 09:22 AM
I saw this scroll on the MLB Network last night:

"If Standings dictate,Peavy will shut down for season".

After last night's abomination,let it be known that "the standings dictate"
Peavy should shut down NOW. Hell, the way he's pitching, he should have shut down
a month ago.I watched "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Revisited","Curb Your Enthusiasm"
and "Entourage" last night.

I'm glad I did.:angry:

Let's go,Phillies!! You are my only hope.

24thStFan
09-05-2011, 09:47 AM
I want to see Viciedo, De Aza, Flowers and maybe even Lillibridge in there every game for the rest of the season.

Me, too. Play the kids and find out what they can do playing regularly. And shut down Peavy.

Tragg
09-05-2011, 10:31 AM
I agree with you, actually. We've got a big investment in him and see if he can get some things worked out in garbage time.

But if I see Pierre and Rios in the lineup.....:angry:

DrCrawdad
09-05-2011, 02:29 PM

Might as well.

Part of me wants to see Dunn play again, just so he does "earn" his way into the Hall of Shame record book for most K's It would also serve as proof that Ozzie waited about a month too long to park his ass on the bench, when it still mattered and might have made a difference.

SMO
:gulp:

With the sweep over the weekend in Detroit, preparation for '12 should be the foremost consideration. If I were in charge Dunn would play everyday from here on out alongside the young guys. You've got to see if Dunn can show any promise for a recovery next season. If you're not going to play Dunn everyday, may as well sit him the rest of the season.