PDA

View Full Version : **Official** nothing to see here 9-4 postgame thread

DumpJerry
09-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Is there really anything to discuss other than next year?

At least the Bears got a safety against the Lions tonight.

all*star quentin
09-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Brutal.

DirtySox
09-04-2011, 10:31 PM
"Hopefully we no get swept in Detroit."

all*star quentin
09-04-2011, 10:32 PM
"They red hot hitting"

SoxSpeed22
09-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Is anyone out there actually surprised?

Lip Man 1
09-04-2011, 10:33 PM
I guess you call this one, "18 is enough..."

Complete, total embarrassment.

Ozzie sealed his fate yesterday and today.

Play the kids the rest of the way, shut down Peavy and hope they can still have a winning season.

What I wouldn't give to see and hear what JR is feeling and saying right about now.

Wouldn't surprise me if he and Kenny were on the phone talking to each other this very moment.

Lip

soxfan1965
09-04-2011, 10:35 PM
The party's over
It's time to call it a day
They've burst your pretty "all in" balloon
And taken the season away
It's time to wind up the masquerade
Just make your mind up Dunn & Rios must be paid.

It's all over, my friend (for 2011).

Thanks for the memories, the Sox will come thru in 1-2.

Lip Man 1
09-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Wonder how Chris is going to handle the postgame after this one and what he'll be saying.

Lip

DickAllen72
"Hopefully we no get swept in Detroit."
Ozzie lost the team. Even Konerko played like he doesn't care anymore.

Even the ESPN announcers were commenting on how bad the Sox' hitters' mechanics are, which is a real indictment of Walker. Yet JR won't let his GM hire a new hitting coach.

BoysMom3
So glad I didn't bother to watch this one. I'm usually never a downer, but everyone has their limits. And I'm over this year's team, as sad as it makes me feel to say it. :(:

I didn't know the score when I wrote my first comments. Just knew it was a loss. Was intrigued by the "18 is enough" comment, but thought-come on, surely not 18 runs. Checked the score. Wow am I glad I didn't watch. I'm SOOO over it! Grrrrr. That's just ridiculous!!!

DumpJerry
"All out"

DickAllen72
09-04-2011, 10:38 PM

Play the kids the rest of the way, shut down Peavy and hope they can still have a winning season.

What I wouldn't give to see and hear what JR is feeling and saying right about now.

Wouldn't surprise me if he and Kenny were on the phone talking to each other this very moment.

Lip
Why shut down Peavy? He needs to build up arm strength for next year. Let him get his work in nomatter how hard he gets hit.

09-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Why do we need to shut Peavy down when the exact thing he needs to do is build up arm strength and stamina?

guillensdisciple
09-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Well guys, 2005 is definitely over. Glad this was the cold hard reality many of us needed to realize that (not saying the people on this board, just the apologists).

Ozzie, it was fun, named my name over here thanks to you because I thought you were great but it's over man you have been done for a while. Go captain Florida and enjoy it there.

Walk and Coop, same deal except the former should have been fired a long time ago.

Kenny, man I liked you too, but since we're cleaning house and you have added some ****ty contracts you have to go too.

It's been real Sox, lets field a team with a different mindset next year.

MARTINMVP
09-04-2011, 10:41 PM

Lip

At JR's age, he seems to be turning more into a softy. It's a lot easier to be lazy, say everything is ok, insist that Ozzie and Kenny hug and just be friends.

Does he really have it in him, at this point, to blow it all up and start over?

DSpivack
09-04-2011, 10:45 PM
So glad I didn't bother to watch this one. I'm usually never a downer, but everyone has their limits. And I'm over this year's team, as sad as it makes me feel to say it. :(:

I didn't know the score when I wrote my first comments. Just knew it was a loss. Was intrigued by the "18 is enough" comment, but thought-come on, surely not 18 runs. Checked the score. Wow am I glad I didn't watch. I'm SOOO over it! Grrrrr. That's just ridiculous!!!

Yeah, I really feel sorry for Sox fans who decided to watch this one tonight. Yikes.

Soxman219
09-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Sept. 28th can't come soon enough.

MARTINMVP
09-04-2011, 10:54 PM
The lack of activity in this thread is all you need to know. Many Sox fans have clocked out for the season. Can't blame them.

Bump34
09-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Wonder how Chris is going to handle the postgame after this one and what he'll be saying.

Lip

I don't miss nights like his at all... Good Luck Chris...

CHISOXFAN13
09-04-2011, 10:58 PM

Lip

He'll be defending Guillen for letting Lindsay rot out there since we have that HUGE doubleheader tomorrow.

Aesero
09-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I really feel sorry for Sox fans who decided to watch this one tonight. Yikes.

I stopped after it was 4-0. I feel bad for my dad who kept watching :(

guillensdisciple
09-04-2011, 11:04 PM
He'll be defending Guillen for letting Lindsay rot out there since we have that HUGE doubleheader tomorrow.

This game was lost way before Lindsay. Not saying anything to protect Ozzie just saying we had this game lost.

billyvsox
09-04-2011, 11:11 PM
This is what happens when you go "All In" with a 7-2 off suit of a team and management.

tstrike2000
09-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Dump said it, nothing to see here. Fast forward to the 2012 season.

boiker
09-04-2011, 11:36 PM
All done. I didn't watch one inning of this series.

chisoxfanatic
09-04-2011, 11:41 PM

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but there are no more "huge" games left.

I stopped watching this in the fifth, when we decided to go for dessert. I'm glad we did.

thomas35forever
09-04-2011, 11:41 PM
You know what? This may be the best thing that could have happened to this team. Two straight humiliations on national TV could and should be the ultimate proof that changes need to be forthcoming. So in reality, this should be a happy night.

chisoxfanatic
09-04-2011, 11:44 PM
You know what? This may be the best thing that could have happened to this team. Two straight humiliations on national TV could and should be the ultimate proof that changes need to be forthcoming. So in reality, this should be a happy night.

That's not the "White Sox way" of running things!

Noneck
09-04-2011, 11:44 PM
I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but there are no more "huge" games left.

I believe that was sarcasm.

DSpivack
09-05-2011, 12:00 AM
The lack of activity in this thread is all you need to know. Many Sox fans have clocked out for the season. Can't blame them.

I may have (mostly) stopped watching games, but I haven't stopped posting here. :cool:

A friend of mine who is about to start her third year of law school here has never been to a Sox game (or a Cubs game, for that matter). She wants to go, I suppose I'll go to a game. Some atmosphere USCF should be in the next few weeks. At least I guess good, cheap tickets shouldn't be hard to come by.

Hitmen77
09-05-2011, 12:02 AM
Over and out.

:tiphat: :anon::fail::anon:

But, at least Kenny, Ozzie, and Walker are doing a great job and have no accountability for this mess. Right? *crickets*

StillMissOzzie
09-05-2011, 12:17 AM
I stuck around until it was 9 - 0, but I did check in a few more times. When I saw 16 - 0, I just laughed. Someone else in the gameday thread noted, as did I, the symmetry with Opening Day 1991, except that the Tigers didn't stop there.

SMO
:(:

captain54
09-05-2011, 12:30 AM

You would think that to be the case, but don't hold your breath.

The changes that need to be made have to start with the man at the top. The organization has been exposed, but rest assured some spin will be adopted as an attempt to sprinkle magic fairy dust over everything in order to try to make it seem like its not really that bad

Lip Man 1
09-05-2011, 12:43 AM
Martin:

That's the million dollar question isn't it?

If JR doesn't do anything one could make a case that perhaps the financial repercussions from this season aren't going to be as bad as some thought. (Since if they were and given JR's nature as a business man you'd think he'd have to do something...)

And seriously how hard is it to hire a field manager. The GM does most of the leg work anyway. JR usually meets with the final candidate or two before 'giving his blessing'. He did it with Torborg and he did it with Manuel and he did it with Ozzie.

Now hiring a G.M. or hiring a new G.M. AND a field manager is a different set of circumstances.

Lip

Dick Allen
09-05-2011, 12:52 AM
Chalk outlines of the bodies must be covering the field at Comerica. What a bunch of clods.

happydude
09-05-2011, 01:25 AM
Damn man we really got chin checked this series. I thought 9-0 was bad enough and averted my eyes for a few innings only to look up later and see some guy named "Dirks" circling the bases behind a 2 run homer to make it 18-0. Who in the hell is Dirks? Jesus...

Zakath
09-05-2011, 01:33 AM
Good thing football season's here.

Well, I guess it's better to burn out on national TV two days in a row than to fade away on CSN...

The magic number to nail our coffin shut is 16.

PeteWard
09-05-2011, 01:38 AM
I just cancelled my MLB.com tv subscription for the third time in a row in the first week of September. Just once I'd like to keep it into October (did not have it in '08 and before).

I believe this has to be it for OG, but I can't see Reinsdorf letting Williams go. Too bad, because the team needs a clean slate.

Either way, with the lead albatrosses of Dunn & Rios (I exclude Peavy in the hopes of him beating his injuries) pulling the Sox down and with MB most likely gone, next year will make this year seem pleasant. Could be the cellar.

PeteWard
09-05-2011, 01:39 AM
Good thing football season's here.

I guess you aren't a Bears fan. :wink:

PeteWard
09-05-2011, 01:41 AM
Who in the hell is Dirks? Jesus...

No, not really. He just plays like Jesus against the Sox. :D:

happydude
09-05-2011, 01:44 AM
No, not really. He just plays like Jesus against the Sox. :D:

Lol! Apparently...

pudge
09-05-2011, 02:17 AM
This season was over long, long before this series, it's just that people didn't want to admit it. I just can't comprehend how Walker could be back next season. Whoever we get after Ozzie may turn out to be awful, but I for one am ready for any kind of change. The last two seasons have been borderline unwatchable. I am not in the camp of believing the club had a chance the past two years - I saw what I saw coming out of April and May, and I tuned out. Last year a miraculous run against the NL created false hope, and this year a lousy Central Division created false hope. I hope next year is different.

Dan H
09-05-2011, 02:24 AM

You would hope this organization would now be shocked out of its denial. Changes should have happened a long time ago like in May. Instead we heard how this team was going to turn it around, but the only trend was downward.

The last few years the team packed it in against the Twins. Now they do it against the Tigers. After the season is over, Ozzie and his crew should be gone and the White Sox should be willing to trade anyone who can bring some value to the club. Try to convince Dunn to retire. Eat Rios' contract and tell him never to come back. If next year's team looks anything like this one, I will be on be fan who won't want to have anything do with it.

TomBradley72
09-05-2011, 06:00 AM
If changes aren't made- they won't even sellout Opening Day 2012-

WSox597
09-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Look at the bright side. There were actually people who thought the Sox had a chance to catch the Tiggers.

All of the suspense is now history.

I just hope the management team is also history at the end of the season. If not sooner. Today would be fine, run both of them off before the double header even starts.

Get a jump on next season. Avoid the rush.

amsteel
09-05-2011, 07:56 AM
I didn't check the game once last night, and all I have to say this morning is: HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh man, I'm sure ESPN is glad they put that on when they could have just put on 4 hours of Peter Gammons caressing Youkalis' goatee. What is the Sox record in the last 5 years on national TV? They always seem to play like dog dirt.

Going into this weekend the Tigers were a better team, and they proved it. Even if the Sox swept they would lost a bunch of other important games, so lets not act like the season is just now terminated.

Everyone get pumped for cheap seats on Stubhub for the rest of the season.

Also, can we assume they are about to lose at least 3 of 4 in MPLS?

Sad
09-05-2011, 07:59 AM
:angry:
They quit on me-
I quit on them

embarassing...
I'll find something else to do in Chicago next Saturday :mad:

amsteel
09-05-2011, 08:03 AM
I just read that Dunn was reported to possibly pitch the 9th and Ozzie nixed the idea.

Holy ****, that would have made this game/series/season so much better.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/post/_/id/7420/rapid-reaction-tigers-18-white-sox-2

Ragator43
09-05-2011, 09:24 AM
I just read that Dunn was reported to possibly pitch the 9th and Ozzie nixed the idea.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/post/_/id/7420/rapid-reaction-tigers-18-white-sox-2

Why would the Tigers bat in the bottom of the ninth when they're already winning? Something isn't right with the report.

DumpJerry
09-05-2011, 09:29 AM

Why would the Tigers bat in the bottom of the ninth when they already winning? Something isn't right with the report.
Consider the source (ESPN). It also makes no sense. The "White Sox" considered it, but Ozzie nixed it? Who at the "White Sox" considered it? Was there a poll last night in the 8th on WSI asking if Dunn should take The Hump in the game?

Noneck
09-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Why would the Tigers bat in the bottom of the ninth when they're already winning? Something isn't right with the report.

Maybe he was going to pinch hit and ask to throw up the ball to himself?

Hitmen77
09-05-2011, 09:49 AM
This season was over long, long before this series, it's just that people didn't want to admit it. I just can't comprehend how Walker could be back next season. Whoever we get after Ozzie may turn out to be awful, but I for one am ready for any kind of change. The last two seasons have been borderline unwatchable. I am not in the camp of believing the club had a chance the past two years - I saw what I saw coming out of April and May, and I tuned out. Last year a miraculous run against the NL created false hope, and this year a lousy Central Division created false hope. I hope next year is different.

It's actually three years in a row. In 2009, they also dug themselves into an early-season hole. They were 6.5 out on May 22, then they came back and went on a 3 or 4 week run to get to a 1st place tie....and then they fell apart after that to finish below .500.

I'd say this team has been playing below their talent level since July 2006. That's going on 5 1/2 years now. In that time, we only have the 2008 division title season as a success (though we almost blew that one too).

Players have come and gone over the last 5 seasons and the results are almost always disappointing. Something is wrong with the way this team is run/managed and I'm fed up with more of the same excuses from the current management team.

hawkjt
09-05-2011, 10:10 AM

I disagree. As domcumented on Saturday,the Sox had the second best record in the AL since June 5th. The Sox were 21-12-1 in their last 34 series coming into Detroit. The Sox could have come out of the Detroit series only 2 back in the loss column. The Sox had beaten the Tigers in their last two series vs Detroit. To suggest that ''this was over a long time ago'' ignores all that math and just goes with an emotional disdain for the team.
They were not in great shape,but they could have made a run for this thing. Ignore it if you like,the Sox were playing better than average ball for the last 3 months. Too big a hole to dig out,it turns out.

Zakath
09-05-2011, 11:45 AM

Apparently the possibility of us putting up 16+ runs in the top of the ninth was enough...

BigKlu59
09-05-2011, 01:02 PM
:D: Its always a pleasure watching your dirty laundry on display on National TV. It was liike listening to WSIers in the booth commenting on what we've been saying all season.. Do you know if Bobby Valentine is a member?

Hey, look at the bright side... This could have been the catharsis this constipated team has needed to take all season.. It is what it is...

Every aspect of this team took a beating last night..

OK Lip, I'm with you..Lets see if this bunch of seed spitters can at least finish with a winning record at this point..

BK59