PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Flowers interview

hawkjt
09-03-2011, 11:21 AM
on ESPN1000 baseball show this morning was interesting.

I get the impression he is a no-nonsense guy who is very serious about competing and beating out AJ for the catchers job next year.

With all the criticism of Greg Walker as a hitting coach,Flowers gives him a lot of credit for re-vamping his swing.
Said that two years ago,he hit .297 in the minors and Walker wanted him to change his foundation. He balked,saying he just had a good year and rejected it.
Then last year,when he came up at the end of the year,he was overwhelmed by major league pitchers and it dawned on him that he needed to employ Walkers advice,so they worked together on it,and he now credits Walker for getting his lower body quieted down enough to compete on the MLB level.

Just thought for fairness sake,Greg Walker should get some credit when it might be due. As Flowers said,it is always a day to day struggle at the plate in MLB,so nothing is guranteed. I have been impressed with his bat speed and batting eye.

SI1020
09-03-2011, 11:27 AM
on ESPN1000 baseball show this morning was interesting.

I get the impression he is a no-nonsense guy who is very serious about competing and beating out AJ for the catchers job next year.

With all the criticism of Greg Walker as a hitting coach,Flowers gives him a lot of credit for re-vamping his swing.
Said that two years ago,he hit .297 in the minors and Walker wanted him to change his foundation. He balked,saying he just had a good year and rejected it.
Then last year,when he came up at the end of the year,he was overwhelmed by major league pitchers and it dawned on him that he needed to employ Walkers advice,so they worked together on it,and he now credits Walker for getting his lower body quieted down enough to compete on the MLB level.

Just thought for fairness sake,Greg Walker should get some credit when it might be due. As Flowers said,it is always a day to day struggle at the plate in MLB,so nothing is guranteed. I have been impressed with his bat speed and batting eye. I don't know what Walker told him, but at least as of now Flowers does not have that long loopy hole in the swing like Borchard, Crede (he was able to adjust) Fields and Beckham. I'm not convinced that Flowers can hit at the MLB level but I like his makeup and attitude and hope for the best. Someone down on the farm besdies Viciedo has to come through.