PDA

View Full Version : McKeon not returning in 2012

thomas35forever
09-03-2011, 12:41 AM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2011-09-02/jack-mckeon-wont-return-as-marlins-manager-in-2012
And the Ozzie drum beats a little louder.

WhiteSox5187
09-03-2011, 01:17 AM
When he took over he said he was only managing for this season. The guy is eighty.

amsteel
09-03-2011, 07:03 AM
Another piece falls into place.

soxfanreggie
09-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Another piece falls into place.

There was probably a 2% chance at most that he would come back, even if he won the series.

I know someone who retired as a school superintendant (he was in his late 60s). He went up to Wisconsin and served there for a year as an interim superintendant. They offered him the job full-time...his response?...Heck no! He was happy collecting his $300 a day for his 180 days and going back home. He told them there was a reason he didn't buy a house and was just renting a condo with his wife.

There's a big difference on what he has to do as a full-time manager that is known to be around for several season and what he probably has to do now. My guess is that he defers things to his staff that guys like Ozzie, Tony, Quade, etc. wouldn't.

downstairs
09-03-2011, 03:57 PM
What is Ozzie's contract situation?

DumpJerry
09-03-2011, 05:06 PM
What is Ozzie's contract situation?
Signed through 2012.

slavko
09-03-2011, 06:32 PM
There was probably a 2% chance at most that he would come back, even if he won the series.

I know someone who retired as a school superintendant (he was in his late 60s). He went up to Wisconsin and served there for a year as an interim superintendant. They offered him the job full-time...his response?...Heck no! He was happy collecting his $300 a day for his 180 days and going back home. He told them there was a reason he didn't buy a house and was just renting a condo with his wife.

There's a big difference on what he has to do as a full-time manager that is known to be around for several season and what he probably has to do now. My guess is that he defers things to his staff that guys like Ozzie, Tony, Quade, etc. wouldn't.

That's $54,000 a year for a School Superintendent! That's less than a School Custodian makes Around These Parts! I wonder what custodians make in WI?