PDA

View Full Version : AJ has been activated

#1swisher
09-02-2011, 02:43 PM
A.J. Pierzynski, is back!

voodoochile
09-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Thought this deserved its own thread so I split it from the old one.

Edit: and welcome back AJ

chisoxfanatic
09-02-2011, 02:58 PM
He is a welcome re-addition, but I hope this doesn't mean Flowers won't see his fair share of time. I've really liked the contributions from Tyler Flowers.

DumpJerry
09-02-2011, 03:02 PM
He is a welcome re-addition, but I hope this doesn't mean Flowers won't see his fair share of time. I've really liked the contributions from Tyler Flowers.
They're both in today's game.

24thStFan
09-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Welcome back, AJ. Flowers should learn everything he can from AJ in the next month. He can give AJ some rest and AJ can DH or PH for us when needed.

chisoxfanatic
09-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Welcome back, AJ. Flowers should learn everything he can from AJ in the next month. He can give AJ some rest and AJ can DH or PH for us when needed.
I was thinking Flowers and AJ can have platoon roles at C, and whenever they're not a C they can DH so that Dunn and Rios are never in the lineup again. And then, one of TCQ, AJ, and Flowers can get a day off when TCQ returns.

24thStFan
09-02-2011, 03:16 PM
so that Dunn and Rios are never in the lineup again.

This:bandance:

Domeshot17
09-02-2011, 03:32 PM

If AJ will work with him. Reports a while back said the first time Flowers was called up, He asked AJ to kind of mentor him, and AJ basically told him to piss off and he wasn't helping him take his job. I forget the whole story but pretty sure on it.

hawkjt
09-02-2011, 03:52 PM
With the luxury of having Lucy in reserve the rest of the month, Ozzie can use both guys in the lineup every day if he wants.
Hot bat plays from here on out,I hope,for every position.

salty99
09-02-2011, 04:04 PM
If AJ will work with him. Reports a while back said the first time Flowers was called up, He asked AJ to kind of mentor him, and AJ basically told him to piss off and he wasn't helping him take his job. I forget the whole story but pretty sure on it.

I don't know if anyone heard Coop on 670 this week but he basically said pitchers love throwing to Flowers. He also said they are very impressed with the target he gives and the way he sets up behind the plate. The pitchers are throwing different pitchers in different counts and it's helping keep hitters off balance. Then Coop said they will ask AJ to do the same when he gets back. It seems to me AJ has some things to learn from Flowers about the fundamentals of catching.

DickAllen72
09-02-2011, 05:01 PM
What "reports"?

FielderJones
09-02-2011, 05:02 PM

:rolleyes:

Was this overheard at a baggage carousel at an airport?

If you're going to assassinate AJ's character in this manner, please have verifiable sources to back it up.

voodoochile
09-02-2011, 05:02 PM
What "reports"?

Someone posted it in a thread here, but it was no more than a rumor back then too.

DickAllen72
09-02-2011, 05:05 PM
It seems to me AJ has some things to learn from Flowers about the fundamentals of catching.
Yeah, maybe Flowers could mentor AJ on the fundamentals of catching unless he tells him to "piss off" because he doesn't want AJ to take his job. :rolleyes:

salty99
09-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Yeah, maybe Flowers could mentor AJ on the fundamentals of catching unless he tells him to "piss off" because he doesn't want AJ to take his job. :rolleyes:

hahaha good one and in teal too!

TDog
09-02-2011, 07:00 PM
I don't know if anyone heard Coop on 670 this week but he basically said pitchers love throwing to Flowers. He also said they are very impressed with the target he gives and the way he sets up behind the plate. The pitchers are throwing different pitchers in different counts and it's helping keep hitters off balance. Then Coop said they will ask AJ to do the same when he gets back. It seems to me AJ has some things to learn from Flowers about the fundamentals of catching.

A year ago, the opposite was said to be true. Veteran pitchers, even those who had thrown to Flowers on rehab, didn't want to pitch to him during his previous callups. The big complaint about Flowers was not that he wasn't developing as a hitter, but there were questions he would develop as a solid major league catcher. I am impressed with how hard Flowers must have worked, because he seems to have developed nicely.

As for reports about Pierzynski, he seems a magnet for "reports." On San Francisco radio today, there was some discussion about the real reason the Giants let Pierzynski go. Insiders said his personal problems dealing with Barry Bonds was a factor, but they spent quite awhile talking about Pierzynski kneeing the trainer in the groin, which allegedly led to the Giants keeping the trainer (who I believe they said is now with the Dodgers) and letting Pierzynski, a .300 hitter for the Giants, go to the White Sox. I had never previously heard about an altercation with the trainer.

I only listen to sports radio when I'm stuck in traffic.

Believer2005
09-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Yea!!! AJ is my favorite. :bandance::bandance::bandance:

DickAllen72
09-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Yea!!! AJ is my favorite. :bandance::bandance::bandance:
:welcome::cheers:

GlassSox
09-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Welcome back AJ :cool:

Nellie_Fox
09-03-2011, 12:54 AM
I had never previously heard about an altercation with the trainer.Seriously? This rumor has been brought up here on WSI on numerous occasions in the past.

MARTINMVP
09-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Someone posted it in a thread here, but it was no more than a rumor back then too.

With or without proof, it wouldn't surprise me if something like that really did happen.

voodoochile
09-03-2011, 11:56 AM
With or without proof, it wouldn't surprise me if something like that really did happen.

And it doesn't surprise me that people believe it either. I mean AJ's a total ******* who has proven he's not a good teammate in the last 6+ years right? :rolleyes:

DickAllen72
09-03-2011, 12:08 PM
I think this bull**** all stems from the fact that AJ was understandably and justifiably upset back in 2007 when Guillen decided to start Toby Hall, who was just activated off the DL that day, against the Cubs in the first game of the Crosstown series.

That series was still a big deal back then and AJ always gets up for big series' especially that one. But his reaction wasn't that big a deal anyway. Players should want to play everyday if possible, especially in important games.

AJ has been a good teammate and a good citizen during his entire tenure with the Sox.

TDog
09-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Seriously? This rumor has been brought up here on WSI on numerous occasions in the past.

Seriously.

I pretty much ignore and gloss over the rumors. Some people like to latch on to rumors if they conform to your world view. Some people prefer sources which are coming from a negative point of view about people they wish to hear negative things about. I had no ties to NoCal at the time that. I had always considered it most likely that Pierzynski was non-tendered by the Giants because there was a conflict involving Bonds because Bonds inspired that sort of thing in others.

My intent here was to point out how silly rumors can be, even from insiders, considering that the trainer in question went on to work for the Dodgers.