PDA

View Full Version : Big Z done for 2011

doublem23
09-02-2011, 10:47 AM
No surprise really, the Cubs just made it official. His time on the disqualified list ends Sept. 12 but they say that's too little time for him to get ready to pitch again this season.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-zambrano-to-sit-for-rest-of-season-20110902,0,4380291.story

aryzner
09-02-2011, 11:16 AM
I think the Cubs probably hope he's done for longer than that.

DumpJerry
09-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Maybe they can send him to a small island with Lance Briggs.

doublem23
09-02-2011, 11:47 AM

Eh, what Briggs is doing isn't that big of a deal, yeah, he's clammoring for money, but the Bears do have roughly $20 million of salary space they are pocketing. Word is that Briggs' position is pretty popular in the clubhouse with the guys who feel the organization is, here's a shock, being cheap.

Big Z ****in walked out on his teammates after he had a bad game and throw a hissy fit. Someone astutely pointed out that in his final game, after Zambrano tried to drill Chippper, the entire Braves bench got on the field to defend their boy, while basically everyone in the Cubs bench sat on their hands. Much different dynamic at work here.

Briggs is still also, a pretty good OLB and fits well in the defensive scheme the Bears run. People are willing to put up with moody jerks so long as they produce. Zambrano hasn't been very good in over two years now.

LITTLE NELL
09-02-2011, 11:58 AM

Ozzie too.

SOXPHILE
09-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Eh, what Briggs is doing isn't that big of a deal, yeah, he's clammoring for money, but the Bears do have roughly $20 million of salary space they are pocketing. Word is that Briggs' position is pretty popular in the clubhouse with the guys who feel the organization is, here's a shock, being cheap.

Big Z ****in walked out on his teammates after he had a bad game and throw a hissy fit. Someone astutely pointed out that in his final game, after Zambrano tried to drill Chippper, the entire Braves bench got on the field to defend their boy, while basically everyone in the Cubs bench sat on their hands. Much different dynamic at work here.

Briggs is still also, a pretty good OLB and fits well in the defensive scheme the Bears run. People are willing to put up with moody jerks so long as they produce. Zambrano hasn't been very good in over two years now.

Briggs is under contract. Too bad. Shouldn't have signed it then. He wants to be traded ? They are talking about this on the Score now. What team is going to take a 31 year old, tear up his current contract, and give him a new big one ?

Zambrano, similarly, what team wants him and that contract ? Who wants to put up with this circus clown act, especially since it appears his best days as a pitcher are behind him now.

Zambrano,

doublem23
09-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Briggs is under contract. Too bad. Shouldn't have signed it then. He wants to be traded ? They are talking about this on the Score now. What team is going to take a 31 year old, tear up his current contract, and give him a new big one ?

Zambrano, similarly, what team wants him and that contract ? Who wants to put up with this circus clown act, especially since it appears his best days as a pitcher are behind him now.

Well yeah, you're giving the fans' perspective, but that might not mirror the reality in the locker rooms, which can't be overlooked. Lots of folks with access to Halas Hall have noted that Briggs' act has been warmly recieved by his teammates because he has the clout to call the front office out for their percieved stinginess. I don't think walking out on his club and throwing a hissy fit has won over any Cub players to Zambrano's cause... whatever it is.

gobears1987
09-02-2011, 05:20 PM
I have no problem with what Briggs is doing because the McCaskeys are cheap bastards. Zambrano is just a whiny bitch who needs to have his annual tantrum.

SOXPHILE
09-02-2011, 05:22 PM
I have no problem with what Briggs is doing because the McCaskeys are cheap bastards.

No, they're actually not. That's always been the prevailing attitude of some meatball fans, but it's a bit of a fallacy.

doublem23
09-02-2011, 05:39 PM
I have no problem with what Briggs is doing because the McCaskeys are cheap bastards. Zambrano is just a whiny bitch who needs to have his annual tantrum.

Oh bull****, Lance Briggs signed that contract knowing exactly that he was going to pull this stunt now, the Bears could be $20 million under the cap or $20 million over it. If you want to call out the McCaskeys for being cheap because they lowball rookies or because they lowballed Olin or because they're trying to lowball Forte, fine, but Briggs should get no consideration. He set this plan in motion when he signed that deal.

jdm2662
09-02-2011, 06:30 PM
I have no problem with what Briggs is doing because the McCaskeys are cheap bastards..

Dahhhh, day so cheep. Dats why duh Bears offer was duh best un dah open market. How dare dey pay him dat. Dahhhh.

RadioheadRocks
09-03-2011, 06:37 PM

His tantrums are only annual????????

Red Barchetta
09-04-2011, 01:49 PM
His tantrums are only annual????????

Seriously. This is the second year in a row where he's pulled this crap. All from a guy they claimed, both publically and financially, as the "Ace" of their staff. This is how he has repaid them...:rolleyes:

g0g0
09-04-2011, 05:55 PM
The sooner Z gets dumped the better. I'm done with team cancers, even if they are valuable players.

Bobby Thigpen
09-07-2011, 11:27 AM
The sooner Z gets dumped the better. I'm done with team cancers, even if they are valuable players.
Good luck with Castro then.

g0g0
09-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Good luck with Castro then.

Yes, that would be a big problem...hehe.