PDA

View Full Version : Wills Insinuates a "Change" is Coming

Viva Magglio
07-13-2002, 09:21 PM
He did not say what that "change" would be, however.

RKMeibalane
07-13-2002, 09:28 PM
I would settle for the following "changes:"

1. Nardi Contreras fired.
2. Clayton and Durham traded for Furcal.
3. Gary Ward fired. Walt Hriniak rehired.
4. Gary Pettis fired.
5. Jose Valetin traded.
6. Joe Crede called up.

Bucktown
07-13-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

4. Gary Pettis fired.
5. Jose Valetin traded.
6. Joe Crede called up.
I can't argue with any of these.

Daver
07-13-2002, 09:34 PM

4. Gary Pettis fired.
5. Jose Valetin traded.
6. Joe Crede called up.

You want Walt back?

Damn you must hate this team.

GASHWOUND
07-13-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

Did he say a change is definitely coming or was it his gut feeling?

Of course anyone can see a change has to be made, we need to clean house starting with the coaching staff, and I don't mean fire everyone tomorrow, fire everyone TONIGHT. I don't want to see Jerry's, or Nardi's face by tomorrows game. And when Kenny is done doing that, he should resign as the GM. I don't even feel comfortable with him doing the fire sale that WILL take place by the trading deadline.

Sigh, lordy, lordy, lordy.. Everythings a freakin mess

Jerry_Manuel
07-13-2002, 09:36 PM

I didn't get to hear what he said. What knowledge did Dave share?

SOXSINCE'70
07-13-2002, 09:39 PM

4. Gary Pettis fired.
5. Jose Valetin traded.
6. Joe Crede called up.

Why in the world would the Braves trade Furcal??I watch a lot of Braves baseball (beats watching yet another Sox loss).Furcal would look great in a Sox uni,but I can't see it happening.Hey,maybe we can give Braves GM John Schuerholz the same stupid pills Lenny is taking,and the Sox could get Andruw Jones in the deal,as well as 1 or 2 of their young stud pitchers like Damian Moss or Jason Marquis.

Or I could become an alcoholic watching this anemic,pathetic ballclub.And to think I became a weekend season ticket holder for this???? :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

RKMeibalane
07-13-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by daver

You want Walt back?

Damn you must hate this team.

Actually, I like this team. But it is killing me to see this team losing. It is also killing me to see Frank struggling the way he is. He's too good of a hitter to go through something like this. His frustration is mounting with each at bat.

Hriniak's return would conincide with Frank catching fire and reclaiming his place as the best hitter in baseball. I don't think anyone here would complain if that happened. Sadly, the Sox have Ken Wllliams as their GM.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-13-2002, 09:48 PM

4. Gary Pettis fired.
5. Jose Valetin traded.
6. Joe Crede called up.

I'm with you on every one of those except Valentin. He's the heart & soul of this team and a big fan favorite. Trading him would be a big mistake.

Daver
07-13-2002, 09:50 PM

Actually, I like this team. But it is killing me to see this team losing. It is also killing me to Frank struggling the way he is. He's too good of a hitter to go through something like this. His frustration is mounting with each at bat.

Hriniak's return would conincide with Frank catching fire and reclaiming his place as the best hitter in baseball. I don't think anyone here would complain if that happened. Sadly, the Sox have Ken Wllliams as their GM.

Walt was fired because all the players except Frank hated his guts,Robin led the coalition to get him fired.

Walt's style works for Frank,and that is why the Sox management has no problem with him seeking Walt's help,but he would ruin hitters like Magglio and PK.

Walt is definately not the answer,bring back Von Joshua.

RedPinStripes
07-13-2002, 09:57 PM

Walt was fired because all the players except Frank hated his guts,Robin led the coalition to get him fired.

Walt's style works for Frank,and that is why the Sox management has no problem with him seeking Walt's help,but he would ruin hitters like Magglio and PK.

Walt is definately not the answer,bring back Von Joshua.

Robin still swings with Walts style of hitting.

Daver
07-13-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

That has nothing to do with the fact that Robin hated him.

Walt is a coarse bastard that ranks up there with Lee Elia.

RKMeibalane
07-13-2002, 10:01 PM

Yes, he does. Both Thomas and Ventura are still hitting for power, but neither man has been quite the same since Hriniak stopped working with them on a daily basis. Ventura's average is as bad as Frank's, or at least it was earlier in the year.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-13-2002, 10:02 PM

Yeah & he's probably gonna hit 40 hr's this season.

RKMeibalane
07-13-2002, 10:11 PM

That has nothing to do with the fact that Robin hated him.

Walt is a coarse bastard that ranks up there with Lee Elia.

If the Sox have no problem with Frank getting help from Walt, maybe they should pay for Hriniak's travel and lodging expenses, so he can be with the team for the remainder of the season, or at least until Frank is squared away.

If other people in the Sox organization resent that move, tough. Hriniak may be an ass, but we are talking about the Chicago White Sox and best hitter to ever wear that team's uniform. This is not the Brady Bunch. If Walt can get Frank going, I won't shed any tears if a few people's feelings are hurt.

Daver
07-13-2002, 10:18 PM

If the Sox have no problem with Frank getting help from Walt, maybe they should pay for Hriniak's travel and lodging expenses, so he can be with the team for the remainder of the season, or at least until Frank is squared away.

If other people in the Sox organization resent that move, tough. Hriniak may be an ass, but we are talking about the Chicago White Sox and best hitter to ever wear that team's uniform. This is not the Brady Bunch. If Walt can get Frank going, I won't shed any tears if a few people's feelings are hurt.

I can see why the team would not do that,it's up to Frank to do it not the team.

And I can see why they would not want him around the rest of the team,it would only underline the poor job that Gary Ward is doing.

It is something Frank would have to do on his own.

RKMeibalane
07-13-2002, 10:25 PM

I can see why the team would not do that,it's up to Frank to do it not the team.

And I can see why they would not want him around the rest of the team,it would only underline the poor job that Gary Ward is doing.

It is something Frank would have to do on his own.

I wonder why no one suggested that Frank allow Walt to travel with the team in the first place. Nevermind. I know why. The Sox organization is a collection of idiots and malcontents. SEE: Ken Williams.

Daver
07-13-2002, 10:29 PM

I wonder why no one suggested that Frank allow Walt to travel with the team in the first place. Nevermind. I know why. The Sox organization is a collection of idiots and malcontents. SEE: Ken Williams.

Ummm,no,Frank was told straight out that if he wanted to seek help OUTSIDE the organization,to go ahead and do so,that was not an invitation to let him make his own rules.

CHISOXFAN13
07-13-2002, 11:40 PM
Valentin was the heart and soul of the team in 2000. This team has no heart, and it's killing me.

nut_stock
07-14-2002, 12:25 AM
I really don't think this team is that far from being what we've all been waiting for. It's painfully obvoius that this year will not be it, but we have a good nucleus. The problem is the Sox will have to spend $$$ durring the offseason. We need an Al Leiter or Tom Glavine etc to lead the staff and you guessed it, A different pitching coach. I really do think Frank will get back to form by next season. Royce will be gone, so there's a good chance Crede will be filling in. Otherwise, we just need to go get a new leadoff hitter, unless Lofton shows signs.

LongDistanceFan
07-14-2002, 12:27 AM

i have always wonder why a team can't have 2 or 3 hitting coaches. let the players decide which coach can help.

Daver
07-14-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
i have always wonder why a team can't have 2 or 3 hitting coaches. let the players decide which coach can help.

That comes down to payroll,and what you are willing to spend on it,not even Steinbrennar does that.

Jerry_Manuel
07-14-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by nut_stock
I really don't think this team is that far from being what we've all been waiting for. It's painfully obvoius that this year will not be it, but we have a good nucleus. The problem is the Sox will have to spend $$$ durring the offseason. We need an Al Leiter or Tom Glavine etc to lead the staff and you guessed it, A different pitching coach. I really do think Frank will get back to form by next season. Royce will be gone, so there's a good chance Crede will be filling in. Otherwise, we just need to go get a new leadoff hitter, unless Lofton shows signs.

Their going to blow up this mess in the offseason, and rightfully so. Frank will only improve by going to see Hriniak, he can't solve this one on his own.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-14-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Their going to blow up this mess in the offseason, and rightfully so. Frank will only improve by going to see Hriniak, he can't solve this one on his own.

You're right about this one. This team is a mess. I don't think that player changes , aside from dumping Royce, are the answer. Fire the entire coaching staff & get a real lead off hitter & dump Roycie & we'll be fine.

Oversimplified? Mabye. Optimistic? DEFINITELY! But that's how I see it.

bc2k
07-14-2002, 03:00 AM

Of course he didn't say what changes will be made because Dave Wills doesn't know ****. When Ken Williams was looking for expert advice outside the organization, he wasn't talking with dumbass Dave Wills. Willsie was just gasping for air, trying to fill up time.

Someone ought to tell him to stop using, "Absolutely, no doubt about it, without question", and I'm drawing a blank on the last cliche he uses 88 times every postgame show.

RKMeibalane
07-14-2002, 08:40 AM

Ummm,no,Frank was told straight out that if he wanted to seek help OUTSIDE the organization,to go ahead and do so,that was not an invitation to let him make his own rules.

What I meant was, Frank could pay for Walt's travel and lodging himself in order to keep him around during the season. Before the break, Thomas was worried about working with Hriniak because he tought it would take too much time. He said, "Walt likes to start from scratch."

If Hriniak traveled with Frank as the Sox moved around the league, they would have time to work on Frank's mechanics and get him going again. I don't think this would be against team rules if Frank used his resources to bring Walt in.

voodoochile
07-14-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

I'm with you on every one of those except Valentin. He's the heart & soul of this team and a big fan favorite. Trading him would be a big mistake.

That was 2000-2001. What has he done for us lately other than block Crede's path to the majors?

RedPinStripes
07-14-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by bc2k

Of course he didn't say what changes will be made because Dave Wills doesn't know ****. When Ken Williams was looking for expert advice outside the organization, he wasn't talking with dumbass Dave Wills. Willsie was just gasping for air, trying to fill up time.

Someone ought to tell him to stop using, "Absolutely, no doubt about it, without question", and I'm drawing a blank on the last cliche he uses 88 times every postgame show.

Hey. Lay off Wills. He's da man and is no dumbass. He's a die hard that tries to speak his mind eventhough he works for the Sox and advertises the team. He needs to be on SnR. I'll bet he'd fit in good if he didn't have to worry about what the Sox think. :D:

voodoochile
07-14-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

Yeah & he's probably gonna hit 40 hr's this season.

juiced ball and a close RF fence in Yankee Stadium. You don't honestly believe he would be putting up those numbers at Comiskey, do you?

voodoochile
07-14-2002, 11:41 AM

That comes down to payroll,and what you are willing to spend on it,not even Steinbrennar does that.

Also, you don't want to start a rift in the clubhouse. If half the players like one guy and half like another than it could lead to problems if one half is out-hitting the other half. Personality would play a bigger role in keeping a job and it is supposed to be about how well you can break down and rebuild a swing and tell when a player is off, not about how often you let the guys win at cards or whatever...

Tragg
07-14-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

That was 2000-2001. What has he done for us lately other than block Crede's path to the majors?

Nothing, but I would give the Crede blocking award to Clayton and then ask the same question.

RedPinStripes
07-14-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

I agree. Valentine can't catch ,hit , but he can run bases and is good in the clubhouse. Not enough qualities to block crede who can do everything well. he's just not as fast. Trade Manos! Oboy. West will reply soon.