PDA

View Full Version : Carlos looked good in 3 spot

duke of dorwood
07-13-2002, 09:55 PM
He seemed to be a bit more into it, in game 2.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-13-2002, 09:58 PM
yeah, I'd like to see him there from now on. ou can move frank all you want and it's not going to help :(:

duke of dorwood
07-13-2002, 10:01 PM
:jerry

You know, I'm gonna tinker tinker tinker.

RedPinStripes
07-13-2002, 10:05 PM
He did look good there. If thomas has to be in the lineup, 6 is a good spot. Can't blame this game on manuel. you score 4 runs in 2 games vs. teh kitties, and you got problems!

Daver
07-13-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
He did look good there. If thomas has to be in the lineup, 6 is a good spot. Can't blame this game on manuel. you score 4 runs in 2 games vs. teh kitties, and you got problems!

You can blame Gary Ward though,he has accomplished nothing since being brought up here.

:von

HAHAHAHAHA

duke of dorwood
07-13-2002, 10:10 PM
I agree the manager didnt lose this one, man, the talent on this team really fooled me.

RKMeibalane
07-13-2002, 10:18 PM
If Kenny Williams had a brain, he would fire Gary Ward and bring back Walt Hriniak. Frank Thomas is a tremendous hitter, but right now, he isn't doing anything right at the plate. This is the worst I have ever seen him. The only thing that will get him going again is if Hriniak is there to work with him. Who cares about Gary Ward? Frank Thomas is more valuable than Ward's feelings.

That brings me to another point. Why in the living hell does KW worry so much about how players will react to benchings and trades? Why is he so concerned about what Royce Clayton thinks of Joe Crede being called up? Why?

I've had it with Sox management. Williams ruined this team by bringing in Clayton and Ritchie. He will continue to ruin this team by not giving Crede the promotion he deserves. Right now, Crede is a AAAA player. He's too good for the Minors, but he can't quite crack the Majors because Williams has no testicles and no cranium.

RedPinStripes
07-13-2002, 10:18 PM
:garypettis Originally posted by daver

You can blame Gary Ward though,he has accomplished nothing since being brought up here.

:von

HAHAHAHAHA

You forgotabout a few others who have done nothing since they got here. :nardi :ritchie :waving ::garypettis

Jerry_Manuel
07-13-2002, 10:29 PM
Frank looked better today to. I don't know if it was bad pitching, or the fact that he 'feels' better in the 6th hole, but he hit the ball hard tonight.

RKMeibalane
07-13-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Frank looked better today to. I don't know if it was bad pitching, or the fact that he 'feels' better in the 6th hole, but he hit the ball hard tonight.

He did hit the ball hard, but it amounted to nothing. Perhaps if Maggs had not grounded into that DP, Frank's line drive would have resulted in a sacrifice fly instead of an out.

Jerry_Manuel
07-13-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
He did hit the ball hard, but it amounted to nothing.

True, but he hasn't been hitting the ball well at all in the three spot.

Bucktown
07-13-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
I agree the manager didnt lose this one, man, the talent on this team really fooled me.
I have been a fan of Jerry Manuel, but these last three games seemed to illustrate to me that Jerry doesn't understand how to get them over and get them in. How many guys can this team strad at third with less than two out? You never see that in Atlanta. They all know how to sacrifice the runner in. This team always has to go for the big inning. It is fun when it happens, but two often it winds up with a one or two run loss.

So, I guess I am saying I disagree.

RKMeibalane
07-13-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

True, but he hasn't been hitting the ball well at all in the three spot.

I realize that, but it won't do any good if he hits the cover off the ball, only to end up with another hard-hit out. He needs hits more than anything else. His frustration is mounting. It won't be long before he and Manuel have another shouting match if this business continues.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-13-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
He seemed to be a bit more into it, in game 2.

He looked a lot better than what we had there before.

TheBigHurt
07-14-2002, 12:17 AM
at this point anyone in the 3 spot looks better then big frank

LongDistanceFan
07-14-2002, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

He did hit the ball hard, but it amounted to nothing.

when a hitter is in a slump, and they start to hit the ball hard, eventually they would start to drop in. as long as he is hitting the ball.

Soxheads
07-14-2002, 01:09 AM
I hope Frank's tenure out of the three spot is short. There's nothing this team could use more than a rejuvenated Frank.

Of course, something else might help....

:firenardi

MisterB
07-14-2002, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
at this point anyone in the 3 spot looks better then big frank

:hitless
"OK, I'll do it!"

(...well, almost anyone...)

RKMeibalane
07-14-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by MisterB

:hitless
"OK, I'll do it!"

(...well, almost anyone...)

Careful. We don't want to give Jerry Manuel any more ideas for another new lineup. Otherwise, today's lineup might look like this:

1B- Paul Konerko
3B- Jose Valentin
C- Sandy Alomar Jr.
SS- Royce Clayton
LF- Carlos Lee
RF- Magglio Ordonez
DH- Frank Thomas
2B- Ray Durham
CF- Kenny Lofton