PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Pricing ?

chet34lemon
08-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Do the White Sox use dynamic pricing at the stadium box office for half price Mondays? Thinking about going tonight. Wondering if I should go on stubhub or the stadium. Thanks.

kittle42
08-29-2011, 02:45 PM
$15 dollar lower deck tickets on StubHub = no-brainer.

DumpJerry
08-29-2011, 02:48 PM
$15 dollar lower deck tickets on StubHub = no-brainer.
Yeah. Throw in the StubHub fee, it's $17.25.

Or you can get $20 Lower Reserved at the Box with no fees attached and the Sox get money for FA signings.

No brainer, indeed.

doublem23
08-29-2011, 02:51 PM

Or you can get $20 Lower Reserved at the Box with no fees attached and the Sox get money for FA signings.

No brainer, indeed.

Yeah, but as the OP pointed out, is the terrible dynamic pricing in effect at the box office? If I want to buy tickets in the Lower Bowl tonight through the Sox, you're not going to find a seat for less than $25.

I would go the Stub Hub route, as well, you know the cost, can pick your seat, and these 1/2 price Monday games are always a little risky just going to the box office. I doubt the Sox will sell the whole place out, but they do draw pretty big crowds.

DumpJerry
08-29-2011, 02:53 PM
Yeah, but as the OP pointed out, is the terrible dynamic pricing in effect at the box office? If I want to buy tickets in the Lower Bowl tonight through the Sox, you're not going to find a seat for less than $25.

I would go the Stub Hub route, as well, you know the cost, can pick your seat, and these 1/2 price Monday games are always a little risky just going to the box office. I doubt the Sox will sell the whole place out, but they do draw pretty big crowds.
The Sox posted on their Facebook page that Lower Reserve is selling for $20.00 tonight.

doublem23
08-29-2011, 02:56 PM
The Sox posted on their Facebook page that Lower Reserve is selling for $20.00 tonight.

OK, that is a nice deal. It'd be nicer if they advertised that fact somewhere on the main page, as well. If you go through Ticketmaster they're apparently not honoring the $20.

I pretty much will defend most of the pricing decisions the team makes as a business entity looking to maximize profit, but this dynamic pricing is horrible. I hope they take a long, hard look at it this off-season.

kittle42
08-29-2011, 03:05 PM

No brainer, indeed.

No-brainer, I say!!!

chisoxfanatic
08-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Do the White Sox use dynamic pricing at the stadium box office for half price Mondays? Thinking about going tonight. Wondering if I should go on stubhub or the stadium. Thanks.

No dynamic pricing is used at the box office for any game.

hi im skot
08-29-2011, 06:21 PM
No dynamic pricing is used at the box office for any game.

I'm pretty sure it is. I got hosed at least twice by it this season.

keloms
08-29-2011, 06:31 PM

No brainer, indeed.

The ticket had to originate from the Sox to begin with so they got money either way.

If you wanted to get technical, it's probably better to buy through Stubhub as the reseller sells the ticket which makes them more likely to renew the next year if it's a STH and pay a lot more than the $20.00 box office price like us other STH's do.

DumpJerry
08-29-2011, 06:37 PM
The ticket had to originate from the Sox to begin with so they got money either way.

If you wanted to get technical, it's probably better to buy through Stubhub as the reseller sells the ticket which makes them more likely to renew the next year if it's a STH and pay a lot more than the $20.00 box office price like us other STH's do.
A. That's one less ticket the Sox sell.
B. The ticket for sale is not necessarily a season ticket. The full STH price for tonight in Lower Reserved is $34.00. I don't make my decision to renew based on whether or not I am able to sell on StubHub a particular ticket.

DumpJerry
08-29-2011, 06:38 PM
They have your GIFs, or whatever those short clips are called, on the wall with your picture under each one....

skobabe8
08-29-2011, 06:53 PM
With dynamic pricing, is there a way to determine a STH's 'dynamic price' for each game and then credit that STH back the difference at the end of the season???

Example:

Jason buys season tickets for 27 games in the lower bowl @ $34/each = $918

On August 29, Jason's ticket is 'dynamically priced' at $25. So $9 goes into the STH account to be used to purchase tickets for next year.

This would keep the STH happy when prices tank in August and more likely to renew the following year. If dynamic pricing makes that $34 ticket sell for $50 because its a big game, good for everyone involved.

Is it possible? Too complex? Stupid?

chisoxfanatic
08-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Really? At the box office? The last time I was at the box office (which was last week), I remember seeing a pricing chart. Granted, I was using free vouchers, so no money was exchanged, but they don't go by that anymore? Strange!

hi im skot
08-29-2011, 07:21 PM
Really? At the box office? The last time I was at the box office (which was last week), I remember seeing a pricing chart. Granted, I was using free vouchers, so no money was exchanged, but they don't go by that anymore? Strange!

I might be wrong, but I could have swore that my ticket price didn't line up with what the chart said.

I could be totally wrong, though. It would seem pretty silly for those charts to be posted if the pricing was in constant fluctuation.

In summary, I'm probably wrong.

keloms
08-29-2011, 07:50 PM
With dynamic pricing, is there a way to determine a STH's 'dynamic price' for each game and then credit that STH back the difference at the end of the season???

Example:

On August 29, Jason's ticket is 'dynamically priced' at $25. So $9 goes into the STH account to be used to purchase tickets for next year.

This would keep the STH happy when prices tank in August and more likely to renew the following year. If dynamic pricing makes that $34 ticket sell for $50 because its a big game, good for everyone involved.

I never put in the effort to track it, but, the Sox claimed at one point that the flexible pricing would never be less than the STH price. We still get stuck paying full STH price for HPM games though.

chisoxfanatic
08-29-2011, 07:52 PM
I never put in the effort to track it, but, the Sox claimed at one point that the flexible pricing would never be less than the STH price. We still get stuck paying full STH price for HPM games though.
Are all of your tickets uniform in price, or do you get charged more for the weekend games?

keloms
08-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Are all of your tickets uniform in price, or do you get charged more for the weekend games?

They fluctuate by the time of the season and opponent. I have lower box which start at $34 for early season games, then go up to $38-$42 for most mid-season games ($48 for Cubs / Yankees / Opening Day) and then back down to $34 for most of the last month and a half.

DumpJerry
08-29-2011, 11:26 PM
We have three tiered pricing to match the three tiers of games (Regular, Prime, Premier). I get $9.00 off the box office price of all games.

kittle42
08-29-2011, 11:27 PM
It would be much better if they tried Dy-No-Mite pricing.

Steelrod
08-30-2011, 05:28 AM

Example:

Using the same logic, Jason is charged additional $12 for each of the Cubs, Red Sox, Yanks, Elvis, etc.

skobabe8
08-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Using the same logic, Jason is charged additional $12 for each of the Cubs, Red Sox, Yanks, Elvis, etc.

No.

That's the advantage/reward for being a season ticket holder. You are guaranteed not to lose value if ticket prices drop. On the flip side, your prices are locked in if prices increase.

Obviously, I know each game is priced differently before the season even starts based on the regular, premier, prime system. I forgot to include that in my original post, but I know STH's pay more for their tickets for premier games. Point being, once you pay for your season tickets the value for your tickets will not decrease.

mrfourni
08-30-2011, 12:21 PM
We have three tiered pricing to match the three tiers of games (Regular, Prime, Premier). I get $9.00 off the box office price of all games.

Except Monday's.