PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is wrong with Mágglio?

Viva Magglio
07-13-2002, 08:43 PM
Mágglio Ordóńez has not done crap lately. He is now about 1 for his last 20 and now below .300. I think his underperformance is the most obvious sign (other than the losing itself) that we need changes. I think that he is either playing hurt, in a mental funk, or both. The mental funk, I think, is caused by the poor leadership of his manager. His manager has to go.

This is not to take blame away from Mágglio for his slump. Regardless of the circumstances, he is obligated by us the fans to go all out 162 times a year. Also, I think Mágglio has brain cramps in the outfield sometimes. On Thursday, for example, he allowed a runner to advance to third because his bobbling head was not in the game.

I'm sick of this.

LongDistanceFan
07-13-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

I'm sick of this. WHEN IS THE DAMN STRIKE

duke of dorwood
07-13-2002, 08:46 PM
Its over now.

RKMeibalane
07-13-2002, 08:49 PM
Ordonez should not have swung at that first pitch with men on first and third during the eighth inning. When a team is trailing, it's important for hitters to work the count and force the pitcher to throw strikes. Santana has a reputation for wildness, so it would not have been unlikely for him to walk Maggs in that situation. But that didn't happen, because Magglio made it easy for him by ground into the DP.

If Ordonez had walked in that situation, and PK follows with a walk of his own, then Frank's lineout to deep left would have scored the tying run. Instead, it ended the inning.

I too am tired of this crap. Players are making poor decisions at the plate and in the field. Manuel isn't helping anything by tinkering. Nardi created his usual mess when he went to talk to Osuna in the eighth, and the Tigers scored soon after.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-13-2002, 08:51 PM
Mágglio Ordóńez has not done crap lately. He is now about 1 for his last 20 and now below .300. I think his underperformance is the most obvious sign (other than the losing itself) that we need changes. I think that he is either playing hurt, in a mental funk, or both. The mental funk, I think, is caused by the poor leadership of his manager. His manager has to go.

This is not to take blame away from Mágglio for his slump. Regardless of the circumstances, he is obligated by us the fans to go all out 162 times a year. Also, I think Mágglio has brain cramps in the outfield sometimes. On Thursday, for example, he allowed a runner to advance to third because his bobbling head was not in the game.

I'm sick of this.

I think he's just stopped caring himself. This is so painful to watch.

RKMeibalane
07-13-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

I think he's just stopped caring himself. This is so painful to watch.

You could be right. After the results of that fan ballot were released, it seemed like Maggs wasn't as into the games as he had been. Hmmm... I think Sosa's aura rubbed off on him. Now, he's more interested in swining for the fences and making poor decisions in the outfield (not referring to that throw).

I wish Williams would just give in and promote Crede. Who gives a **** about Clayton and Valentin? I don't. I would much rather watch a young kid who loves the game than those two lifeless morons. Ken Williams is a complete wimp. I have no respect for him whatsoever.

duke of dorwood
07-13-2002, 09:04 PM
Valentin? Who pinch hits and swings at the first pitch from a reliever who just walked the leadoff man? Adios Manos

RKMeibalane
07-13-2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Valentin? Who pinch hits and swings at the first pitch from a reliever who just walked the leadoff man? Adios Manos

Like I said, Crede should be called up. Valentin should stay on the bench until he learns to work the count. Check that. He should remain on the bench for the rest of his White Sox career. If he screws up another team, I don't care. As long as he is with the Sox, the bench is where he should be. The same goes for Clayton. I don't want to see his ugly face again.

Daver
07-13-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

Like I said, Crede should be called up. Valentin should stay on the bench until he learns to work the count. Check that. He should remain on the bench for the rest of his White Sox career. If he screws up another team, I don't care. As long as he is with the Sox, the bench is where he should be. The same goes for Clayton. I don't want to see his ugly face again.

So you want the batboy to play SS?

RKMeibalane
07-13-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by daver

So you want the batboy to play SS?

Graffanino can play SS if necessary. I would happier, however, if that trade with the Braves were made, bringing Furcal here in exchange for Durham and Clayton. Tony G could then move over to second.

Daver
07-13-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

Graffanino can play SS if necessary. I would happier, however, if that trade with the Braves were made, bringing Furcal here in exchange for Durham and Clayton. Tony G could then move over to second.

The Furcal trade is not going to happen,the Braves are not going to add payroll,and there is no way I would want Tony G. playing as the everyday SS.

doublem23
07-13-2002, 11:16 PM

I'm sick of this.

I dunno! Let's run him out of town! Yeah! I hate Magglio for no apparent reason other than he hasn't produced in the last few weeks! I hate him so much! Except, when he starts getting good, I'll go back to rooting for him again because that's what I meant to do all along! Magglio, you suck! When's a columnist from the Trib or the Sun-Times gonna write a column about how much Maggs sucks? Maybe Reinsdorf should dump Maggs! Then we'd have that sucky guy out of our lineup! But after he leaves and he does good, I'm going to complain and whine about how stupid everyone in the organization is for dumping him! Yay! Go Soxies!

Daver
07-13-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Yay! Go Soxies!

You forgot the teal.

JoeBatters
07-13-2002, 11:25 PM

I dunno! Let's run him out of town! Yeah! I hate Magglio for no apparent reason other than he hasn't produced in the last few weeks! I hate him so much! Except, when he starts getting good, I'll go back to rooting for him again because that's what I meant to do all along! Magglio, you suck! When's a columnist from the Trib or the Sun-Times gonna write a column about how much Maggs sucks? Maybe Reinsdorf should dump Maggs! Then we'd have that sucky guy out of our lineup! But after he leaves and he does good, I'm going to complain and whine about how stupid everyone in the organization is for dumping him! Yay! Go Soxies!

NOoooooooooooooo , SH$T !!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheBigHurt
07-13-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Its over now.

:whiner: :angry: :whiner: :angry: :whiner: :angry:

WinningUgly!
07-13-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by daver

The Furcal trade is not going to happen,the Braves are not going to add payroll,and there is no way I would want Tony G. playing as the everyday SS.

Yeah, I really can't see the Braves trading away a guy with as much of an upside as Furcal has...for Durham & Clayton--two guys who become FA's at the end of the season, leaving Atlanta with nothing to show for the deal.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-14-2002, 12:54 AM

I'm assuming that little rant is directed at those of us here who are ragging on THE BIG SKIRT. Screw Thomas! My problem with him is not necessarily his troubles at the plate ( horrible as they may be ) but this whole "aura" surrounding him. This guy is untouchable as far as the Sox organization is concerned & that pisses me off. I know he's done a lot for us over the years, but when guys like Konerko gets b!tched out by KW for taking the big skirt to task for his lousy play people like me take notice.

CLR01
07-14-2002, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

I'm assuming that little rant is directed at those of us here who are ragging on THE BIG SKIRT. Screw Thomas! My problem with him is not necessarily his troubles at the plate ( horrible as they may be ) but this whole "aura" surrounding him. This guy is untouchable as far as the Sox organization is concerned & that pisses me off. I know he's done a lot for us over the years, but when guys like Konerko gets b!tched out by KW for taking the big skirt to task for his lousy play people like me take notice.

Perhaps Konerko should have kept his comments in the clubhouse?

RKMeibalane
07-14-2002, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
Perhaps Konerko should have kept his comments in the clubhouse?

That was the reason KW talked with Konerko in the first place. He was not upset with what Konerko said, but he was not pleased that PK said it in front of the media. Williams was not defending Thomas in any way. He was just echoing the same sentiments that have been expressed on this board surrounding the Thomas-Konerko incident.

bc2k
07-14-2002, 05:17 PM

Magglio does this fairly often. He did it in 2000, '01, and now this year. I'm not suprised. He goes through funks like this but since he is so good outside of these funks and finishes the season with great numbers, it's hard to complain.

I'm just hoping he will be our LF in 2003 with RF manned by Borchard.