PDA

View Full Version : Missed Tag Play

duke of dorwood
07-13-2002, 08:27 PM
It sure seemed that throw got there in time for him to get up and get the runner out.

RKMeibalane
07-13-2002, 08:39 PM
You're right. That throw was perfect, but Alomar stumbled and fell on his ass. Then he just stabbed at the runner instead of trying to get to his feet. This is just bad baseball. The sad part is, the Sox play again tomorrow.

ISUSoxfan
07-13-2002, 08:39 PM
The throw got there in plenty of time to tag the runner, but Alomar is over the hill and immobile. He was looking for a senior citizen discount from the ump and didn't get it.

Mathew
07-13-2002, 08:41 PM
I broke my remote and left a dent in my wall, good thing I wasn't holding something heavier!

StepsInSC
07-13-2002, 08:46 PM
He just held out his arm like "please run into the glove". It reminded me of a poor little kid holding out his arms begging for charity. Sad.

LongDistanceFan
07-13-2002, 08:48 PM
imo it was a text book play, first he was in the wrong pos and next he sucks.

duke of dorwood
07-13-2002, 08:48 PM
Even when we make a play, we do not have the personell to execute.

WinningUgly!
07-13-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
imo it was a text book play, first he was in the wrong pos and next he sucks.

On a play like that, when the runner is going around you and you can't get the tag on him, catchers are supposed to just get the glove to the plate & wait for the runner to come into it. :angry:

RKMeibalane
07-13-2002, 09:05 PM
This is all a moot point as far as I'm concerned. There would not have been a base hit had Nardi stayed in the dugout where he belongs. Someone needs to buy some super glue in order to keep his ass on the bench. Every mound visit brings with it a terrible disaster.

:reinsy

"If you come to the park, we will trade Crede and Borchard for three boxes of superglue."