PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Johnny B. Goode Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
08-27-2011, 11:20 PM
d4Cr7kxjSBs

Tragg
08-27-2011, 11:21 PM
It's hard to believe that it's only his 6th win. Great pitching, JD.

hi im skot
08-27-2011, 11:23 PM
That was superb.

SoxSpeed22
08-27-2011, 11:25 PM
Nice stuff and great work John.

GlassSox
08-27-2011, 11:26 PM
Yes definitely Johnny B. Goode, excellent and appropriate thread title.

Zakath
08-27-2011, 11:27 PM
It's hard to believe that it's only his 6th win. Great pitching, JD.

No wins in the first two months, then lost a month to injury. Since the beginning of June, he's 6-1 and the Sox are 9-2 in games he started (in the two losses, we scored a grand total of one run).

Since the end of May, he's chopped over a run and a half off of his ERA (5.25 to 3.63).

voodoochile
08-27-2011, 11:35 PM
So now they've won 65 and lost 65 does what they do with the final 32 still matter?

Meh for tonight I go to bed with a smile on my face...

:soxwin:

:)

:supernana:

shingo10
08-27-2011, 11:35 PM
That was the most stress free Sox game I have seen in a long, long time. The Mariners looked like the Sox do against Bruce Chen. Great game to watch.

WhiteSoxOnly
08-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Here's to you Mr.Danks :tiphat:

TDog
08-27-2011, 11:40 PM
That's about as pretty as baseball gets.

The Sox scored every runner they got into scoring position tonight. Every hit contributed to the scoring. The first two hits scored. The third drove in a run and set up the sacrifice fly. The fourth hit left the park.

I liked the way De Aza ran out the home run, at least until it left the park. If that ball stays in play, De Aza has at least a triple, even with Suzuki's strong arm in right. De Aza, Lillibridge and Flowers play hard, like they don't take being in the majors for granted, and that's good to see.

Of course, Danks is the star of the game with his best outing of the year. I was happy to see him come out for the ninth. The Mariners likely were not.

PalehosePlanet
08-27-2011, 11:47 PM
sHyeDf0K2n8

Nellie_Fox
08-27-2011, 11:49 PM
So now they've won 65 and lost 65 does what they do with the final 32 still matter?Yeah, 97 wins should be good enough.

Nelfox02
08-28-2011, 12:09 AM
Danks was oustanding tonight........well played game overall by the sox, facing a tough pitcher tonight and made him pay the one time we had him in danger.

DeAza with 2 big hits tonight

how about a sweep tomorrow?

at this point it would be nice to finish on a tear, how about actually get past the Indians for second place and finish at least 5 games over break even? ultimately meaningless I guess, but nice to have at least something to aim for over the course of these next 32

curious to see how the Tank does for the remainder of the year. Please no more Adam Dunn in 2011, just another terrible game from him. Put the Tank at 1B as long as PK cant do it

Lip Man 1
08-28-2011, 12:17 AM
17 more wins for a winning season.

Lip

BleacherBandit
08-28-2011, 12:42 AM

The Sox scored every runner they got into scoring position tonight. Every hit contributed to the scoring. The first two hits scored. The third drove in a run and set up the sacrifice fly. The fourth hit left the park.

Yeah, but they only had two players in scoring position all night, then. Likewise, the Sox only accumulated four hits. :tongue:

This was accomplished, however, off of the Mariner's ace starter. A complete game shut out from Danks (and ten strikeouts) is the real stat of the game.

chisoxfanatic
08-28-2011, 12:42 AM
That was the most stress free Sox game I have seen in a long, long time. The Mariners looked like the Sox do against Bruce Chen. Great game to watch.
I take it you didn't get to watch last Sunday's game? That's too bad!

cards press box
08-28-2011, 01:12 AM
Does what they do with the final 32 still matter?

Yes. If nothing else, I want to see them finish strong and want to see their young players (Flowers, Viciedo, Escobar, Infante, Santiago and whoever else is called up) excel.

And, after a great performance from John Danks, it is great to say

:winner

MountainCur
08-28-2011, 01:14 AM
I thought the game would be over in 90 minutes the way these pitchers were working it the first 3 innings.

TDog
08-28-2011, 01:54 AM
Yeah, but they only had two players in scoring position all night, then. Likewise, the Sox only accumulated four hits. :tongue:

This was accomplished, however, off of the Mariner's ace starter. A complete game shut out from Danks (and ten strikeouts) is the real stat of the game.

Scoring three runs on four hits without the benefit of walks or errors (the walks coming in innings where there were no runs and no hits) is a pretty good offense. Especially when you get strong starting pitching.

The Sox didn't face Felix Hernandez tonight, but they faced a pretty good pitcher. Danks didn't face the Yankees either, but the Mariners had some offensive success against the Indians before facing the White Sox.

hawkjt
08-28-2011, 02:09 AM
Johnny was sooo good tonite...M's had no chance.
Love that bulldog jaw when he walks off after another scoreless inning.
Hanging around...good thing. Tigers gonna lose tomorrow,and the Sox need to sweep,and come home and pummel the Twins. I like how the pitching matchups set up for the Sox the next week. A good week puts them back in this thing...but bats must come alive. C'mon Alejandro,Dayan,Lilly,Tyler,Juan,PK,Alexei,Brent,a nd Gordo...I feel a hot streak coming on!

October26
08-28-2011, 09:38 AM

I liked the way De Aza ran out the home run, at least until it left the park. If that ball stays in play, De Aza has at least a triple, even with Suzuki's strong arm in right. De Aza, Lillibridge and Flowers play hard, like they don't take being in the majors for granted, and that's good to see.

Of course, Danks is the star of the game with his best outing of the year. I was happy to see him come out for the ninth. The Mariners likely were not.

Great post. Johnny Danks pitched a gem last night. It was beautiful to watch. Here's hoping for another win today - Go Sox!

shingo10
08-28-2011, 11:02 AM
I take it you didn't get to watch last Sunday's game? That's too bad!

I was nervous that Texas was gonna come back until the 9th when the Sox put it out of reach.

hawkjt
08-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Sox need to win today vs Seattle,and then vs Minny,to make next weekend's series vs the Tigers truly significant.
If they can get there within 5 in the loss column,then I like the pitching matchups:

Danks vs Penny
Floyd vs Scherzer
Buehrle vs Fister

If the Sox could sweep or even just win that series to get within 4 in the loss column, they would have a pulse going into the next days doubleheader in Minny...question is...will Humber be ready to go that day when they need that 6th starter? Humber and Stewart will probably start that day,which could either be the swan song for the 2011 season,or the start of a miracle comeback.....hang tough Sox!

DSpivack
08-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Sox need to win today vs Seattle,and then vs Minny,to make next weekend's series vs the Tigers truly significant.
If they can get there within 5 in the loss column,then I like the pitching matchups:

Danks vs Penny
Floyd vs Scherzer
Buehrle vs Fister

If the Sox could sweep or even just win that series to get within 4 in the loss column, they would have a pulse going into the next days doubleheader in Minny...question is...will Humber be ready to go that day when they need that 6th starter? Humber and Stewart will probably start that day,which could either be the swan song for the 2011 season,or the start of a miracle comeback.....hang tough Sox!

I like that you think there's still a chance with this team.

I wish I could be that optimistic/delusional.

CLUBHOUSE KID
08-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Great job vs. Danks. Too bad I don't get excited over beating the M's and the Tigers still won.