PDA

View Full Version : Go 'Spos Go

danman31
07-13-2002, 08:48 PM
The Expos are playing the Braves tonight in Montreal and the game is on TBS. Since I can't take watching the Sox anymore, I've decided to watch the Expos. It was 2-2 going into the bottom of the 5th and the Expos have hit 3 home runs out of 4 batters(Wilkerson, Guerrero, and Floyd). There are quite a few fans in Montreal and they are going nuts since the HRs. They wanted and got a curtain call for Floyd. This is reason enough for me to jump on the Expos bandwagon. Oh and by the way, if the Sox lose again today I am officially not going to care about the rest of this year. They are just horrible to watch.

Mathew
07-13-2002, 08:55 PM
I'm on the 'spos bandwagon too but I still care more about the Sox.

soxtalker
07-13-2002, 09:17 PM
I can't say that I care much about the Expos. However, if they can start putting some pressure on the Braves, maybe it will encourage Atlanta to make a trade with us.

danman31
07-13-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Mathew
I'm on the 'spos bandwagon too but I still care more about the Sox. I care about the Sox, but it's just too harsh to watch. I don't want to say something stupid, but do you watch the Sox? I see that you live in Canada and you would need a satellite to watch them.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-13-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by danman31
The Expos are playing the Braves tonight in Montreal and the game is on TBS. Since I can't take watching the Sox anymore, I've decided to watch the Expos. It was 2-2 going into the bottom of the 5th and the Expos have hit 3 home runs out of 4 batters(Wilkerson, Guerrero, and Floyd). There are quite a few fans in Montreal and they are going nuts since the HRs. They wanted and got a curtain call for Floyd. This is reason enough for me to jump on the Expos bandwagon. Oh and by the way, if the Sox lose again today I am officially not going to care about the rest of this year. They are just horrible to watch.

I'm pulling for the Spo's simply because Bud Selig doesn't want them around anymore. Move em if you have to, but don't get rid of them dammit!!

Chisoxfn
07-13-2002, 09:22 PM
Are you nuts, of course Selig wants them around. These trades have been his most genius move ever. Think about it, quietly they have assembled a very good team there. They recently added some more star-power in it and this team that they bought for dirt cheap, now has some star players on it, a reasonably low salary and it is now worth about 100 million more then when they bought it. They will now be attractive to almost any prospective owner and you can move them where you want. When you split that all up, everyteam will make a little profit over this move.

LongDistanceFan
07-13-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

I'm pulling for the Spo's simply because Bud Selig doesn't want them around anymore. Move em if you have to, but don't get rid of them dammit!! why was alou fired?

Daver
07-13-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
why was alou fired?

Jeffrey Loria fired Alou when he still owned the team,MLB had nothing to do with that.

Soxheads
07-13-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by daver

Jeffrey Loria fired Alou when he still owned the team,MLB had nothing to do with that.

Jeffery Loria is a sorry excuse for an owner.

Mathew
07-13-2002, 09:39 PM
I care about the Sox, but it's just too harsh to watch. I don't want to say something stupid, but do you watch the Sox? I see that you live in Canada and you would need a satellite to watch them.

I have a dish, I get WGN, not Fox Chicago, but for a big game I go to my buddy's house he has a U.S. dish with a "special" card. The 'spos don't really have much T.V. exposure so I've really only gotten the Braves' T.B.S. broadcasts, on the Canadian dish I get KTLA and WPIX in New York and some Ichiro Mariners and Kitties games on their affiliates.

Alou was and still is the best manager in the game for development, Loria is a tool that's why he and Selig get along so well.

danman31
07-13-2002, 09:40 PM
I have a dish, I get WGN, not Fox Chicago, but for a big game I go to my buddy's house he has a U.S. dish with a "special" card.Ok fair enough. As long as you have seen the Sox play and you know how painful it can be.

Mathew
07-13-2002, 09:42 PM
Ok fair enough. As long as you have seen the Sox play and you know how painful it can be.

See Tag play thread.

TheBigHurt
07-14-2002, 12:27 AM
I'm on the 'spos bandwagon too but I still care more about the Sox.

one of the few...the proud

LongDistanceFan
07-14-2002, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by daver

Jeffrey Loria fired Alou when he still owned the team,MLB had nothing to do with that. you are right about that and i didn't meant to add it to the other post. it was a question that pop into my mind.