PDA

View Full Version : Strike

LongDistanceFan
07-13-2002, 07:06 PM
when the strike starts, no-one gets paid including the coaches, right?

but what happens to their benefits?

could it be that KW knows if the strike happens and he had fired a coach before then, then what will happen to his benefits? i am just trying to get the feel for the love affair that kw has with some of his more incompetent coaches.

Daver
07-13-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
when the strike starts, no-one gets paid including the coaches, right?

but what happens to their benefits?

could it be that KW knows if the strike happens and he had fired a coach before then, then what will happen to his benefits? i am just trying to get the feel for the love affair that kw has with some of his more incompetent coaches.

The coaches are not active members of the MLBPA,they would still get paid.

Bucktown
07-13-2002, 07:56 PM
I am not sure if it is a matter of who is a member of the union. The vendors are not union members and they are certainly out of luck. It is really up to managment. The only ones that they have to pay are those with employment contracts that aren't members of the striking union (that would include the GM and the managers).

Daver
07-13-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
I am not sure if it is a matter of who is a member of the union. The vendors are not union members and they are certainly out of luck. It is really up to managment. The only ones that they have to pay are those with employment contracts that aren't members of the striking union (that would include the GM and the managers).

The vendors do not have contracts,they are employees of the vending co. and would be eligible for unemployment compensation.

LongDistanceFan
07-13-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by daver

The coaches are not active members of the MLBPA,they would still get paid. with the strike looming, can be another reason why no coaches will get fired?

Daver
07-13-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
with the strike looming, can be another reason why no coaches will get fired?

No,the strike has nothing to do with it,I have no idea why Gary Ward,Gary Pettis,and Nardi Contreas still have jobs.Or Wallace Johnson for that matter.

duke of dorwood
07-13-2002, 09:21 PM
As far as being able to assist struggling players, they may be the worst I ever remember on this team.

LongDistanceFan
07-13-2002, 09:23 PM

No,the strike has nothing to do with it,I have no idea why Gary Ward,Gary Pettis,and Nardi Contreas still have jobs.Or Wallace Johnson for that matter. the only way i can think is that the sox are trying to nice about the strike to their employees. maybe get new coaches after the strike. either way this subject been debated many times. i was trying to figure about the pay.

thanks

Jerry_Manuel
07-13-2002, 09:43 PM
No,the strike has nothing to do with it,I have no idea why Gary Ward,Gary Pettis,and Nardi Contreas still have jobs.Or Wallace Johnson for that matter.

Ward and Pettis were put on the staff by Williams. We know that he nor the Sox admit their mistakes.