PDA

View Full Version : Want NYY playoff tickets? - They on sale BUT

Fenway
08-24-2011, 01:55 PM
such a deal :tongue:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/ticketing/chase_twentyeight.jsp?partnerId=ed-5192124-218463766

TheOldRoman
08-24-2011, 02:17 PM
They're FOR sale, not ON sale. And this isn't an outrageous offer, anyway. The Sox sold a bunch of 2006 season tickets by allowing people to purchase 2005 playoff tickets with them.

Fenway
08-24-2011, 02:22 PM
They're FOR sale, not ON sale. And this isn't an outrageous offer, anyway. The Sox sold a bunch of 2006 season tickets by allowing people to purchase 2005 playoff tickets with them.

Did you look at the price per game?

TheOldRoman
08-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Tickets are starting at $75 per game in a decent section. Sure, it's pricey, but everything in New York is more expensive in general, and 1)The Yankees have the success to drive demand; and 2) The NY metro area has nearly three times as many people as Chicago, so there are more people to buy that finite anount of tickets. Are these tickets a huge price jump per game over what was offered earlier in the year? I just don't see how the Yankees are screwing people here.

kittle42
08-24-2011, 02:43 PM
Tickets are starting at $75 per game in a decent section. Sure, it's pricey, but everything in New York is more expensive in general, and 1)The Yankees have the success to drive demand; and 2) The NY metro area has nearly three times as many people as Chicago, so there are more people to buy that finite anount of tickets. Are these tickets a huge price jump per game over what was offered earlier in the year? I just don't see how the Yankees are screwing people here.

I hear the Red Sox are actually reducing prices and even giving away their playoff tickets to celebrate the fact that they have the greatest team, even greater than the New York Yankees, and the greatest fanbase, in all of baseball history.