PDA

View Full Version : Great move to get Thomas in gear!

RedPinStripes
07-13-2002, 04:28 PM
Frank looks terrible at the plate and we all know it, so there is no reason for this to be anotehr thomas bashing thread. So my beef is........

WHY THE **** IS HE STILL BATTING 3RD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is it? KW and JM have no balls? or no brains? Thomas should be hitting 6th and no higher. But since Frank will bitch up a storm, they give him what he wants. This organization BLOWS! :angry:

Foulke You
07-13-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Frank looks terrible at the plate and we all know it, so there is no reason for this to be anotehr thomas bashing thread. So my beef is........

Which is it? KW and JM have no balls? or no brains? Thomas should be hitting 6th and no higher. But since Frank will bitch up a storm, they give him what he wants. This organization BLOWS! :angry:

No kidding! Put CLee in the 3 spot where he heated up during interleague play. Drop Frank to 6 or 7 in the lineup where there is less pressure and he can get his act together. Why are things that are so painfully obvious to us so hard for Jerry Manuel to figure out?

RedPinStripes
07-13-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You

No kidding! Put CLee in the 3 spot where he heated up during interleague play. Drop Frank to 6 or 7 in the lineup where there is less pressure and he can get his act together. Why are things that are so painfully obvious to us so hard for Jerry Manuel to figure out?

:walnuts
"I'm surounded by idiots "

CLR01
07-13-2002, 04:56 PM

Jerry cant do that. Moving Frank around in the line-up would be tinkering and since everyone wants him to stop Frank has to stay right where he is, same reason Ritchie, Wright, and Glover are all still in the rotation.

RKMeibalane
07-13-2002, 04:59 PM
Maybe Manuel should just quit. Then, when Frank is moved to the fifth or sixth spot in the order, it won't be considered tinkering.

RedPinStripes
07-13-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by CLR01

Jerry cant do that. Moving Frank around in the line-up would be tinkering and since everyone wants him to stop Frank has to stay right where he is, same reason Ritchie, Wright, and Glover are all still in the rotation.

I think you forgot the teal there. :)

Bisco Stu
07-13-2002, 05:15 PM
At least Wright actually BEAT the Tigers...

Spiff
07-13-2002, 05:18 PM

I think you forgot the teal there. :)

No he's right.

Manuel is damned either way.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-13-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by CLR01

What difference would that make?? Manuel hasn't stopped tinkering since the season began!!

RedPinStripes
07-13-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Spiff

No he's right.

Manuel is damned either way.

Your #3 man should never be hitting .238 while 4 and 5 are hitting +.300 No one can bash Manuel for making this chamge which he did in the second game. Good job Jerry.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-13-2002, 06:35 PM

Your #3 man should never be hitting .238 while 4 and 5 are hitting +.300 No one can bash Manuel for making this chamge which he did in the second game. Good job Jerry.

That's about the only smart thing he's done all season long.

Garrison
07-13-2002, 07:23 PM
It's about time JM did something about Frank. I personally liked benching him, but since all he did was whine and cry I guess it's tough. But dropping him to 6th in the second game is a gamble, but at least it makes sense. I dunno about C. Lee batting 3rd. He's not exactly our best hitter. I liked Maggs batting third and Paulie batting clean-up myself. Put El Caballo at 5th and then Thomas can still bad 6th and HOPEFULLY get something going.

TheBigHurt
07-13-2002, 11:25 PM

:walnuts
"I'm surounded by idiots "
and you'll be till your contract is up....well unless they trade you before then