PDA

View Full Version : September 10th game time changed UPDATE: Still Blackhawk's Day

DumpJerry
08-21-2011, 11:23 PM
Fox picked up the game, it is now a 3:10 p.m. game.

Sox promotional schedule still says it is Blackhawks Night and Fireworks. I presume it will still be Blackhawks Day.

Sad
08-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Fox picked up the game, it is now a 3:10 p.m. game.

Sox promotional schedule still says it is Blackhawks Night and Fireworks. I presume it will still be Blackhawks Day.

:angry: drat!

that screws up my plans... got a room for the night up on LaSalle and I'll need to check in first... was planning on doing this followed by a stop at the Clark Street Ale House, then down to Exchequer then the game...

now I'm gonna hav'ta take the early South Shore train in and get dragged into shoe shopping with the wife cus we'll have almost 4 hours to kill :mad:

I need to think of a backup plan...

:facepalm:

VenturaFan23
08-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Well hopefully this doesn't change any of the Blackhawks schedule as I'm scheduled to meet up behind CF and then walk around the field with other ST holders. Sure it won't. What sucks is that there won't be any fireworks afterward.

chisoxfanatic
08-22-2011, 01:20 PM
:angry: drat!

that screws up my plans... got a room for the night up on LaSalle and I'll need to check in first... was planning on doing this followed by a stop at the Clark Street Ale House, then down to Exchequer then the game...

now I'm gonna hav'ta take the early South Shore train in and get dragged into shoe shopping with the wife cus we'll have almost 4 hours to kill :mad:

I need to think of a backup plan...
Bacardi At The Park opens up at 11 am on game days! :smile:

soltrain21
08-22-2011, 01:22 PM
I assumed you were all coming to my wedding that day.

chisoxfanatic
08-22-2011, 01:26 PM
Well hopefully this doesn't change any of the Blackhawks schedule as I'm scheduled to meet up behind CF and then walk around the field with other ST holders. Sure it won't. What sucks is that there won't be any fireworks afterward.
I remember a few years ago, FOX picked up a Saturday game against Tampa that was originally scheduled to be Blackhawks "Night" with fireworks. Because FOX did that, Blackhawks Night was moved to a Tuesday night game against the Jays (they had Tuesday night fireworks). I remember being super-excited, because I had tickets for that game against the Jays, but not the game against Tampa. Since the game has always included fireworks, I wouldn't be shocked if Blackhawks Night were moved.

VenturaFan23
08-22-2011, 01:43 PM
I remember a few years ago, FOX picked up a Saturday game against Tampa that was originally scheduled to be Blackhawks "Night" with fireworks. Because FOX did that, Blackhawks Night was moved to a Tuesday night game against the Jays (they had Tuesday night fireworks). I remember being super-excited, because I had tickets for that game against the Jays, but not the game against Tampa. Since the game has always included fireworks, I wouldn't be shocked if Blackhawks Night were moved.

NO! I hope they don't move it to a weeknight game.

chisoxfanatic
08-22-2011, 01:50 PM
NO! I hope they don't move it to a weeknight game.
If they did move it, I'd gladly do another meet-and-greet and participate in the pregame parade around the field again. :wink:

The last time I did, I got nice up-close photos of Freddy, Paulie, Thornton, and TCM on the field! I also got nice photos with Tazer, Burish, Hammer, and Soupy at the meet-and-greet!

Jerko
08-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Maybe they could change it to Day of Champions again, even though the Bears no longer fall into the 25 year window.

DumpJerry
08-29-2011, 10:23 PM
At the game tonight, it was announced that this game is still the Blackhawks game. Instead of being Blackhawks Night, it is Blackhawks Day.