PDA

View Full Version : Sox win series, our attention again

johnnyg83
08-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Nice outing by Floyd. Flowers, De Aza, Lillibeast, Beckham combine for 9 hits.

PK hitting .441 over his last 10.

Red Barchetta
08-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Funny, because if the SOX had won the series against the Indians (2 of 3), the mood around here would be entirely different.

We can't expect them to win every game, however winning every series is almost necessary at this point. After the short west coast trip this week, every game will be against the Central leading up to the final 3 games of the season at home against the Blue Jays. Normally, I would be excited about the schedule, however considering how poorly the SOX have played at home this season...

chisoxfanatic
08-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Funny, because if the SOX had won the series against the Indians (2 of 3), the mood around here would be entirely different.

We can't expect them to win every game, however winning every series is almost necessary at this point. After the short west coast trip this week, every game will be against the Central leading up to the final 3 games of the season at home against the Blue Jays. Normally, I would be excited about the schedule, however considering how poorly the SOX have played at home this season...
Fortunately there are more road than home games left. We have 20 road games and 16 home games left.

FielderJones
08-21-2011, 05:45 PM
After the short west coast trip this week, every game will be against the Central leading up to the final 3 games of the season at home against the Blue Jays. Normally, I would be excited about the schedule, however considering how poorly the SOX have played at home this season...

If the final three games are meaningful, I think the Chairman will be pleasantly surprised with the attendance.

chisoxfanatic
08-21-2011, 06:06 PM
If the final three games are meaningful, I think the Chairman will be pleasantly surprised with the attendance.
Regardless of if it's meaningful or not, do you think there will be a decent crowd for Fan Appreciation Day? It's too bad it's a Wednesday day game!

delben91
08-21-2011, 06:45 PM
They never lost my attention. I did lose any hope they'd contend. Still not convinced they will.