PDA

View Full Version : Hawk was steaming last night?

ChicagoG19
08-21-2011, 01:12 PM
I was unable to watch the game last night, but Chuck Garfien posted on his twitter that Hawk was steaming. Can someone please let me know what that may have been about?

soltrain21
08-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Yaz finally got around to changing his phone number to stop being bothered.

Brian26
08-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Not sure if this was part of the problem, but there seemed to be some confusion after wgn came back from the break for the player interview and hawk was gone and stone did the interview solo and a bit unprepared.

Viva Medias B's
08-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Not sure if this was part of the problem, but there seemed to be some confusion after wgn came back from the break for the player interview and hawk was gone and stone did the interview solo and a bit unprepared.

Hawk is probably blaming Joe West for whatever it was.

doublem23
08-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Did someone accidentally turn the audio on in the booth?

:hawk
Mercy! How long have I sounded like this?

LongLiveFisk
08-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Maybe he didn't like the balk call.

TomBradley72
08-21-2011, 02:01 PM
He seemed VERY frustrated with the Sox defense- Ramirez/Pierre, but especially the Morel/Dunn play.

Brian26
08-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Garfien just confirmed it was the Dunn error.

Goose
08-21-2011, 07:43 PM
Garfien just confirmed it was the Dunn error.

That is interesting...he sounded pissed about that - you could tell, but to leave and not finish the job (if he was supposed to do a post game interview), that is bush.

If Hawk is just as frustrated with Dunn as the rest of us, will he just stop with the "He just missed it" everytime he pops it up? Please?

BTW - if that spreads to the rest of the "He just missed it"s, then that is fine by me!

LongLiveFisk
08-21-2011, 08:47 PM
If Hawk is just as frustrated with Dunn as the rest of us, will he just stop with the "He just missed it" everytime he pops it up? Please?

Or the "stretch!" when it's obvious the ball was nowhere near hit hard/well enough.

And I am not a Hawk hater either.

Noneck
08-21-2011, 09:02 PM
Or the "stretch!" when it's obvious the ball was nowhere near hit hard/well enough.

And I am not a Hawk hater either.

I cant stand the carnival barker since the get go but I think the stretch thing is because of his bad eyes.

Dan H
08-21-2011, 09:32 PM
I cant stand the carnival barker since the get go but I think the stretch thing is because of his bad eyes.

I think you're right. He is wrong too many times.

Boondock Saint
08-21-2011, 09:41 PM

I don't think his eyes are a problem. If he can see Kinsler's HR the other day and say "And that one's outta here" just as it's leaving his bat, he can see things just fine. And even if his eyes were a problem, I imagine he knows how to read the outfielder's reactions if he doesn't pick up the ball well. I think he's just trying to get people excited about some routine plays.