PDA

View Full Version : And Another Thing..........

chisoxt
07-13-2002, 03:07 PM
At the risk of sounding stupid, does anyone else out there believe that we would be in better shape now if we had not won the Division in 2000?

I think that the success we had that year created a lot of dilusional thinking on the part of Sox management that led to a lot of piss-poor player transactions, all executed on the premise that we were "Championship Ready".

Jerry_Manuel
07-13-2002, 03:19 PM
I wonder if Schu would've stayed on if they didn't win it?

duke of dorwood
07-13-2002, 04:39 PM
I think he would have, especially if we were close in 2000. We do not appear to be very close now.

RKMeibalane
07-13-2002, 05:06 PM
The Sox are in worse shape now than they were last season, when they started the year 14-29. At least that team managed to save face and make things interesting... for awhile. This year's team ranks as the biggest dissapointment in the Major Leagues.

I still have hope that the Sox will get their act together and make a run at the Twins, but they are running out of time. I have a feeling they won't start winning until it's September 15, and by that time, they will already be mathematically eliminated from the AL Central race.

I am sick and tired of Jerry "Tinkerbell" Manuel and his poor decision making. The next time he sprinkles fairy dust on the Sox lineup after they win, I will drive to Chicago and punch his lights out. I have a feeling nobody would object to him getting a servere beating.

Maybe the Sox should request that Frank Thomas be allowed to hit off of a tee. Then he might actually do something offensively. Good grief! I've supported Frank, and I will continue to stand by him, but I can't take much more of this. He should have gone to see Hriniak during the 'Break. Why he didn't do that is beyond me.

LongDistanceFan
07-13-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by chisoxt
At the risk of sounding stupid, does anyone else out there believe that we would be in better shape now if we had not won the Division in 2000?

I think that the success we had that year created a lot of dilusional thinking on the part of Sox management that led to a lot of piss-poor player transactions, all executed on the premise that we were "Championship Ready".

what is so delusional about wanting our club to win and win it all, regardless of what happen in 2000. granted we are in desperate need of some glaring holes to be fixed, but when the offense is on, they can score a bunch.

RKMeibalane
07-13-2002, 05:21 PM
I think Manuel is to blame for the Sox offensive and pitching woes. Thursday night, the Sox scored nine runs. What does Jerry do? He sits Lofton in the next game and gives Rowand a start. The result: Sox lose.

Earlier in the year, Manuel moved Frank to the number five slot. What happened? Frank started to hit the ball well. It was during this time that he had the two-homer game against Ramon Ortiz and Anaheim. But Manuel couldn't leave well enough alone, so he moved Frank back to the three hole, where he has looked like a struggling Minor Leaguer.

Today, Buehrle was pitching a solid game. Manuel couldn't let him win another game, so he removed him in the eighth. What happened? The Sox lost... again.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-13-2002, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

Maybe the Sox should request that Frank Thomas be allowed to hit off of a tee. Then he might actually do something offensively. Good grief! I've supported Frank, and I will continue to stand by him, but I can't take much more of this. He should have gone to see Hriniak during the 'Break. Why he didn't do that is beyond me.

He didn't do that because he is a pig-headed jackass & thinks he can resolve his own problems when he knows he can't.