PDA

View Full Version : Konerko Injury Update

#1swisher
08-17-2011, 10:40 AM
This type of injury, that involves the nerve, takes a full three-week process to heal. It feels better since Baltimore and Minnesota, but he's still in pain.

Merkin - Konerko eager to return to field action (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110816&content_id=23284628&notebook_id=23292534&vkey=notebook_cws&c_id=cws)

voodoochile
08-17-2011, 10:48 AM
I pointed out in the game thread last night he seems to be moving better. Less wincing when he has to extend himself and in general moving more like Paulie normally does.

asindc
08-17-2011, 11:00 AM
He was running better last night than he has been lately, and he actually slid into 3rd base after TCQ's flyout to center. It sure looks like progress to me.

DumpJerry
08-17-2011, 11:23 AM
I pointed out in the game thread last night he seems to be moving better. Less wincing when he has to extend himself and in general moving more like Paulie normally does.
"Moving more like Paulie normally does." Well, that just opens the door now, doesn't it?:tongue:

voodoochile
08-17-2011, 11:43 AM
"Moving more like Paulie normally does." Well, that just opens the door now, doesn't it?:tongue:

Well didn't want to say he was running "well" or "fast", because those terms will never be associated with PK. He simply ran like Paulie and that is all we can hope for. :D:

DumpJerry
08-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Well didn't want to say he was running "well" or "fast", because those terms will never be associated with PK. He simply ran like Paulie and that is all we can hope for. :D:
http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/005/cache/galapagos-tortoise_532_600x450.jpg
Come on Paulie, give me your best shot. I'll even spot you 10 yards on a 15 yard run.....

Lip Man 1
08-17-2011, 11:49 AM
Said he hopes to be back playing 1st base Wednesday.

Lip

BleacherBandit
08-17-2011, 11:58 AM
I've always wondered how we can condemn Paulie's running as the slowest in the major leagues. Surely someone like Prince Fielder or (I was gonna say Bengie Molina but he's a free agent) are just as slow.

DumpJerry
08-17-2011, 12:01 PM
I've always wondered how we can condemn Paulie's running as the slowest in the major leagues. Surely someone like Prince Fielder or (I was gonna say Bengie Molina but he's a free agent) are just as slow.
:thome:
Don't call me Carl Lewis.....

Milw
08-17-2011, 12:19 PM
Prince Fielder actually has respectable speed, believe it or not. Not great, but certainly faster than Paulie.

I don't think Konerko is the slowest player in baseball... But I think you'd have trouble finding five players slower.

SSrep
08-17-2011, 12:25 PM
What a professional hitter, comes back from the injury with a hitting streak while struggling to get down the first base line.

kevingrt
08-17-2011, 12:30 PM
What a professional hitter, comes back from the injury with a hitting streak while struggling to get down the first base line.

Just keep on hitting balls to the wall and he will do fine.

I'm kind of surprised he wasn't thrown out from the outfield with this injury. And I am not joking.

TheOldRoman
08-17-2011, 12:33 PM
I've always wondered how we can condemn Paulie's running as the slowest in the major leagues. Surely someone like Prince Fielder or (I was gonna say Bengie Molina but he's a free agent) are just as slow.Benji Molina has been the only guy over the past 10 years slower than Konerko. It's not even really close. Fielder is atheltic and runs well for a big man. Same with Dunn, who certainly isn't fast but could usually score from first on a double. Thome is still faster than Konerko and Thomas was faster than him in 2005 when his ankle wasn't fully healed. Paul is extremely slow.

asindc
08-17-2011, 12:56 PM

Molina, yes. Fielder, no.

thomas35forever
08-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Paulie definitely has the heart of a champion. To be able to play through that and play through it well is pretty amazing.

Lip Man 1
08-17-2011, 10:21 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-konerko-unsure-if-pain-in-left-knee-will-fade-away-20110817,0,7073137.story

Lip