PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Best Trade Partner?

Chisoxfn
07-13-2002, 12:54 PM
Since I notice the thread that includes the Southtown article saying we could get Furcal for Ray and Royce.

I'd like to bring up the fact that the Braves also have been desperately looking for a first-baseman or an outfielder. Could we give them Carlos Lee as well? This way they could move Chipper to 1st, giving them a more potent offense.

I don't know if theres truth to this rumor, but if we make a deal where we get Furcal for Royce and Ray then I'd officially jump onto the Keep KW bandwagon cause he would of solidified our infield for the next 10 seasons. An infield of Crede, Furcal, Jimenez, and PK would be one of the top defensive infields, plus we'd have true speed guys in Rafael and Jimenez who could be at the front of the order, plus we'd be dumping salary.

I still would love finding out a way to include Lee or Liefer and get Damian Moss cause he'd easily be able to step into our rotation and add another left-handed arm which would allow us to have both Glover and Biddle in the pen and to me that would be a great way to retool for the future while also retooling for the now.

Tragg
07-13-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn

An infield of Crede, Furcal, Jimenez, and PK would be one of the top defensive infields, plus we'd have true speed guys in Rafael and Jimenez who could be at the front of the order, plus we'd be dumping salary.

Furcal is a mediocre offensive player. Sure I'd do that deal as Ray is leaving, but there IS a reason that Atlanta might be interested - a .400 OBP, more power and more base stealing ability. Atlanta's playing for a world series.

As for Lee, his numbers are slowly improving this year.

And Jiminez, while I like the aquisition, hasn't proven he can play in the majors yet.

Foulke You
07-13-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Tragg

Furcal is a mediocre offensive player. Sure I'd do that deal as Ray is leaving, but there IS a reason that Atlanta might be interested - a .400 OBP, more power and more base stealing ability. Atlanta's playing for a world series.

As for Lee, his numbers are slowly improving this year.

And Jiminez, while I like the aquisition, hasn't proven he can play in the majors yet.

:weewillie
"Don't forget about me guys!"