PDA

View Full Version : Today could be the day!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-13-2002, 11:52 AM
According to CHISOX.COM Royceie has a .230 average & Skirt is batting .236. If THE CHOICE! has a good day & Skirt his usual day then ol Roycie will achieve his dream of having a better average than the Big Skirt. And , of course, NUKE_CLEVELAND will laugh his fool head off & rant about how much Skirt sucks ass.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-13-2002, 11:57 AM
haha, I've been waiting for a while now, I can't believe it's so close and we play 2 games today :D: :D: :D:

MaggPipes
07-13-2002, 12:08 PM
sweet....hopefully Thomas turns it around, and Burly has a good outing....though i am glad i get to see Biddle pitch....i hope they let him go a little....can't have him go 5 innings with a doble dip today....unless Burly goes CG......we will see....hopefully Biddle sticks in the rotation......

WinningUgly!
07-13-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
According to CHISOX.COM Royceie has a .230 average & Skirt is batting .236. If THE CHOICE! has a good day & Skirt his usual day then ol Roycie will achieve his dream of having a better average than the Big Skirt. And , of course, NUKE_CLEVELAND will laugh his fool head off & rant about how much Skirt sucks ass.
C'mon, I have no problem with Sox fans ripping on Frank Thomas, Royce Clayton, or whoever is not getting their job done. One thing I'll never understand is how someone claiming to be a Chicago White Sox fan can actually root against a Sox player & want to see them fail. As far as calling Thomas "Big Skirt" goes...that comes from the shallow minds of loser sCrUB fans. Refering to Big Frank that way means you are following the lead of the Wrigleyville crowd.

RKMeibalane
07-13-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

C'mon, I have no problem with Sox fans ripping on Frank Thomas, Royce Clayton, or whoever is not getting their job done. One thing I'll never understand is how someone claiming to be a Chicago White Sox fan can actually root against a Sox player & want to see them fail. As far as calling Thomas "Big Skirt" goes...that comes from the shallow minds of loser sCrUB fans. Refering to Big Frank that way means you are following the lead of the Wrigleyville crowd.

Agreed. I think people are losing sight of the fact that anything Frank Thomas does that is productive helps the Chicago White Sox. It's not a good idea to start rooting against him, even though he is struggling. After all, this is not a New York Mets board, and Frank Thomas is not Bobby Bonilla- if you get my meaning.

I am glad that THE CHOICE is swinging the bat well, but I don't want to see Frank end up with a lower batting average than him. Such a thing would only be detremental to the Sox.

CerberusWG
07-13-2002, 02:26 PM
He's ****ing clueless out there.

It's pathetic, until he gets his **** together, he should be called anything.

FarWestChicago
07-13-2002, 03:06 PM
As far as calling Thomas "Big Skirt" goes...that comes from the shallow minds of loser sCrUB fans. Refering to Big Frank that way means you are following the lead of the Wrigleyville crowd. This is true.

WinningUgly!
07-13-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
He's ****ing clueless out there.

It's pathetic, until he gets his **** together, he should be called anything.

Has Frank sucked lately? Yes. Does he deserve to get less playing time & be moved down in the order? Yes. Does it piss me off to see the guy whine & show up late, etc.? Yes. Even so, I can't bring myself to start calling the man "Big Skirt". I've seen too many gaudy numbers put up by him over the last decade or so to start shoveling dirt on him when he's struggling.

DVG
07-14-2002, 03:41 AM

I'm especially entertained by the way people rip and slash
Thomas and call him that disgusting name; they say that it's
because he whines and complains a lot. Whew. Thank God
no one who posts on these boards ever does THAT.

doublem23
07-14-2002, 08:56 AM
Man, I am so glad I'll be in Wisconsin this week so I don't have to deal with this.

GASHWOUND
07-14-2002, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Man, I am so glad I'll be in Wisconsin this week so I don't have to deal with this.

Whoa, what did you do to be banished to Wisconsin? Must of been pretty bad :smile:

GASHWOUND
07-14-2002, 09:38 AM

Couldn't agree more, I frustrated as hell with Frank, but I'm not gonna stoop that low by calling Frank "The Big Skirt" That's what the flubby trolls refer to him, what's next, We're gonna start clling the Sox, the 'Sux' now? Sheesh

WinningUgly!
07-14-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Have fun with the flies. From what I've heard they're pretty rough up there this year.