PDA

View Full Version : Clayton trade hoax?


chisoxfanatic
07-13-2002, 03:48 AM
It appears as if KW has traded a ton of clay to Texas in exchange for a couple buckets of water...

Jim Rose will have all the details on ABC News at 10.

Heather the Redbird

soxtalker
07-13-2002, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic
It appears as if KW has traded a ton of clay to Texas in exchange for a couple buckets of water...

Jim Rose will have all the details on ABC News at 10.

Heather the Redbird

What???

my5thbench
07-13-2002, 08:39 AM
gawwwd I hope that you are right Heather....I am sick of
looking at Clayton

Tavarin
07-13-2002, 09:10 AM
so, was this true?

PaleHoseGeorge
07-13-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Tavarin
so, was this true?

This morning's Cubune makes no mention of any deal besides Jiminez. I really don't think Jim Rose is the best source for credible information.

OTOH, I could be wrong...

MaggPipes
07-13-2002, 10:42 AM
don't play with my emotions like that....why in the heck would Texas want him back?

MaggPipes
07-13-2002, 10:48 AM
10 this morning?

rmusacch
07-13-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic
It appears as if KW has traded a ton of clay to Texas in exchange for a couple buckets of water...

Jim Rose will have all the details on ABC News at 10.

Heather the Redbird

Shouldn't Heather be banned for trolling?

WinningUgly!
07-13-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic
It appears as if KW has traded a ton of clay to Texas in exchange for a couple buckets of water...

Jim Rose will have all the details on ABC News at 10.

Heather the Redbird

I don't get it. http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/togo.gif

WinningUgly!
07-13-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by rmusacch


Shouldn't Heather be banned for trolling?
Heather, you got some splainin' to do! :)

rmusacch
07-13-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Heather, you got some splainin' to do! :)

Especially since Royce is in the lineup for Game 1.

soxtalker
07-13-2002, 12:15 PM
Joe Cowley in the Daily Southtown reports on interest from the Atlanta Braves on trading SS Rafael Furcal + cash for both Durham and Clayton:

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/131sd2.htm

CerberusWG
07-13-2002, 12:25 PM
Hmm, Furcal? I'd do it, but Crede would still be screwed over.

MaggPipes
07-13-2002, 12:26 PM
Maybe Royce is starting and then they will anounce the trade after the game, or he will be taken out of the starting line-up.......

Chisoxfn
07-13-2002, 12:43 PM
Is that True? If we could get Rafael Furcal for Ray and Royce I'd have to punch myself cause I'd think I was dreaming. I don't know why the Braves would do it, although Ray is hitting pretty good, but I definately know I'd do it if I were the Sox. I'd probably even be willing to throw in a mid-level prospect to accomplish the deal.

To me a more realistic deal would be Ray, Royce, and Liefer or Caballo for Furcal and possibly Damian Moss or another pitching prospect.

DrCrawdad
07-13-2002, 12:49 PM
Clayton and Durham for Furcal? And considering that the Sox now have Jimenez, it doesn't make much sense to me. Jimenez natural position supposedly is SS. Why deal for Jimenez if they got a deal in the works for Furcal?

That said, I wouldn't mind having Furcal.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats/mlb_sortable_player_stats.jsp?section1=1&statSet1=null&statType=1&sortByStat=AB&timeFrame=1&timeSubFrame=2002&baseballScope=mlb&isCompare=true&sitSplit=&subScope=teamCode&teamPosCode=all&box2=XXXX279577atl6&box3=XXXX150090sdn4&box4=XXXX123610cha5&box5=XXXX112381cha6&checkBoxTotal=0&playerLocator=durham

rmusacch
07-13-2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn
Is that True? If we could get Rafael Furcal for Ray and Royce I'd have to punch myself cause I'd think I was dreaming. I don't know why the Braves would do it, although Ray is hitting pretty good, but I definately know I'd do it if I were the Sox. I'd probably even be willing to throw in a mid-level prospect to accomplish the deal.

To me a more realistic deal would be Ray, Royce, and Liefer or Caballo for Furcal and possibly Damian Moss or another pitching prospect.

I want some of that **** that Cowley is smoking. That must be some powerful ****.

Chisoxfn
07-13-2002, 12:57 PM
Jimenez played quite a bit of 2nd base for the Padres. He can easily make the move over there and play with sucess. This season I actually think the majority of his time came at 2nd. Remember, Furcal also used to play 2nd for the Braves during his rookie season. I feel a defensive infield with those two up the middle, Crede at 3rd and PK at 1st would drastically improve our range as well as defense. The pitching staff would love if we could pull this off.

Plus, Furcal is a great guy to have at the top of the order along with Jimenez. We'd have two speed guys to set the table and they wouldn't cost us much at all as they won't be eligible for free agency for a while.

soxtalker
07-13-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn
Jimenez played quite a bit of 2nd base for the Padres. He can easily make the move over there and play with sucess. This season I actually think the majority of his time came at 2nd. Remember, Furcal also used to play 2nd for the Braves during his rookie season. I feel a defensive infield with those two up the middle, Crede at 3rd and PK at 1st would drastically improve our range as well as defense. The pitching staff would love if we could pull this off.

Plus, Furcal is a great guy to have at the top of the order along with Jimenez. We'd have two speed guys to set the table and they wouldn't cost us much at all as they won't be eligible for free agency for a while.

What do we do with Valentine? He's signed for one more year, as I recall. I'd love to see a good defensive infield after so many years of the reverse. I wish that Valentine was hitting better, so that he was more attractive for a trade.

Chisoxfn
07-13-2002, 01:26 PM
Simple, we use him what he is best used for and thats being the ultimate utility man. He can back up at 3rd, short, and 2nd and get a fair share of playing time doing that. He'll also provide great speed and a solid bat off the bench. Of course I'd prefer to move him, but with his salary odds are we'd have trouble doing it this year at least.

Of course, its a known fact that I've never been a huge fan of Jose because I like good defense and I know he has range and a great arm, but for cripes sake he'll make 40+ errors a season if he played everyday and I don't see how that helps a young staff.

sox_fan_forever
07-13-2002, 02:08 PM
Rooney and Farmer mentioned this on the radio and I wasn't sure I was hearing right. I have no idea why the Braves would want to do this deal but it would be great for the Sox. Everyone in my family except me are Braves fans so I hear about them quite a bit. I've always liked Furcal since he was a rookie a few years ago. Like I said though, this wouldn't make sense for Braves. I just don't see it happening.

chisoxfanatic
07-14-2002, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by rmusacch


Shouldn't Heather be banned for trolling?

Trolling is when you register for a message board and then pester its posters immediately. I've been posting here for a while now and haven't made one post of this nature until now, so in no way am I trolling. I was simply trying to add a little light in here during what is turning out to be a rather dim season...

C'mon now...why would anyone trade a TON of CLAY for A COUPLE BUCKETS OF WATER?

This is a tough room!

Heather the Redbird

Soxheads
07-14-2002, 12:58 AM
HA! Now I get it! A clay ton = a ton of clay!

I need a drink. :gulp:

Jerry_Manuel
07-14-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads
I need a drink. :gulp:

You need to be carded, and put to bed! :D:

Soxheads
07-14-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


You need to be carded, and put to bed! :D:

Well, I'll take a Zima then!

guillen4life13
07-14-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by soxtalker


What do we do with Valentine ? He's signed for one more year, as I recall. I'd love to see a good defensive infield after so many years of the reverse. I wish that Valentine was hitting better, so that he was more attractive for a trade.


dude, it's valentin, not valentine. he's hispanic.