PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 8/14 We Beat the Crappy Royals Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
08-14-2011, 03:58 PM
60-60. Four games out of first. Let's keep it going.

soxnut1018
08-14-2011, 03:59 PM
We're average! :bliss:

MtGrnwdSoxFan
08-14-2011, 04:00 PM
We've won our 60 and lost our 60. Now to see what we do with the remaining 42.

mccoydp
Good game. Nice pitching by Danks. Too many LOB, though. Rios needs to take a vacation sooner rather than later.

Keep rolling, Sox!

:winner

doublem23
What a play by Morel, too bad that couldn't have been the exclamation point on the win.

Even better listening to Hawk blabber like an idiot through that highlight... WHAT A PLAY BY LILLIBRID... I MEAN MOREL

TheOldRoman
08-14-2011, 04:01 PM
Alright, we lost two games we shouldn't have out of the last five, but we still won 8/10 against horse**** teams, which is good (not great). Let's remind the Indians they are our bitches and send them home in third place.

tstrike2000
08-14-2011, 04:01 PM
You win 60 and you lose 60. Let's just win the other 42.

LITTLE NELL
08-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Detroit lost, back to 4 out.
How many times have we made it to .500 and fallen back? It's time to to go the other way. Looked at the schedule and I see us finishing with 85 wins, don't know if it will be enough unless we throw in a long winning streak along the way.

BigHurt3515
08-14-2011, 04:04 PM
After winning with the line up we had out there today. Im pretty confident we could go young and still win.
When Paulie is healthy enough to play the field, you have your choice of Rios, De Aza, Lillibridge in CF, tell Dunn to go on the DL, have Viciedo DH and we are good

doublem23
08-14-2011, 04:06 PM
5/6 series won against AL Central opponents so far in the 2nd half of the season.

We have Texas at the end of this week, then LA and Seattle next week, and then we stay in the division the rest of the year until the very last 3 games of the season.

October26
08-14-2011, 04:06 PM
A win at home! :D: I asked the Sox for good pitching+hitting+defense in the Gamethread and they delivered. I'm always happy when the Sox win. Enjoy the day off tomorrow, boys, and keep winning series! :bandance:

Frater Perdurabo
08-14-2011, 04:10 PM
How many times have we made it to .500 and fallen back? It's time to to go the other way. Looked at the schedule and I see us finishing with 85 wins, don't know if it will be enough unless we throw in a long winning streak along the way.

We can win the division with 85 wins if we beat up on the Indians and Tigers. It does us very little good to beat up on TEX, MIN, KC, LAA, SEA and TOR, if we don't also beat the two teams ahead of us.

The Sox have dug themselves out of their early-season hole, and survived that BOS-NYY slaughter. Now there is a sense in which they can control their own destiny.

Crooked Number
08-14-2011, 04:11 PM
They won a series at home! Against a cellar dwellar in the division. Now, for the umpteenth time, Sox have a chance to climb over five hundred again. I believe for the first time since April 14th.

So many chances this division is giving this team. Time to capitalize finally?

Foulke You
08-14-2011, 04:14 PM
You win 60 and you lose 60. Let's just win the other 42.
26W-16L might be enough to win this thing. We know we have the pitching. If we can just keep the offense luke warm as it has been lately, we might have a shot.

sox1970
08-14-2011, 04:14 PM

42-42 lost
43-43 lost
52-52 lost
60-60 ?

24thStFan
08-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Time to prove that this team wants it. Let's GO SOX...

shingo10
08-14-2011, 04:20 PM
42-42 lost
43-43 lost
52-52 lost
60-60 ?

Not good and what makes those worse is that after they lost the chance to get over .500 they fell way far back and had to start the climb all over again. This has got to be the time to get over. Now or never. They need to win this series.

tstrike2000
08-14-2011, 04:24 PM
26W-16L might be enough to win this thing. We know we have the pitching. If we can just keep the offense luke warm as it has been lately, we might have a shot.

I think you're right. 85 or so wins will probably determine the division.

asindc
08-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Not good and what makes those worse is that after they lost the chance to get over .500 they fell way far back and had to start the climb all over again. This has got to be the time to get over. Now or never. They need to win this series.

Not having Adam "Automatic Out" Dunn in the lineup will help in this regard.

chisoxfanatic
08-14-2011, 04:29 PM
I've seen this too much before. Are these guys playing with our hearts again?

voodoochile
08-14-2011, 04:33 PM

Well done...

POTW (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=13&id=4188)

:)

Edit: Oh and I realize it's been a while, but that makes two in a row. I'm not sure that's ever been done before either...

voodoochile
08-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Well amazingly enough all of the nails were removed. Nice team effort it was obvious the team was focused on getting a win today. Hopefully after a day off they come out hard against the toons on Tuesday.

Nice job by Danks and though he didn't have a great day with the glove, the beast did plenty with his bat. Maybe should change his name to Manos...

:soxwin:

:)

:supernana:

PalehosePlanet
08-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Good to see the team show some life the last two days after Friday's lifeless showing. I felt these two games were must wins -- more for the team mentally then the actual games-back in the standings.

Was a bit annoyed today that we didn't put this one away and let KC hang in the game within grand slam range. We should have won 10-2, or thereabouts, but with this team I'll take the win when we can get it. Nothing's easy with the 2011 White Sox.

FielderJones
08-14-2011, 04:44 PM
though he didn't have a great day with the glove, the beast did plenty with his bat. Maybe should change his name to Manos...

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTI1NTg1MTE3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzA4NDgyMQ@@._ V1._SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg

DumpJerry
08-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Is it too much to ask people to put a date in postgame thread titles?

soxfan1965
08-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Nice dinger Brent! You're the Bridge over troubled home waters today.

Zakath
08-14-2011, 04:59 PM
42-42 lost
43-43 lost
52-52 lost
60-60 ?

Add in when we fell to .500 at 7-7 early in the season. We lost the next game there as well.

The only time this season that we actually won a game when we were .500 was the fifth game, when we were 2-2.

That, of course, doesn't include all of the times the team came within a game or two of .500, only to lose.

Zisk77
08-14-2011, 05:00 PM
I would have went with "Sox win, so you can take it easy Francis!" postgame thread:redneck.

Paulie 3 hits to 3 different fields, nice.

PalehosePlanet
08-14-2011, 05:18 PM
I would have went with "Sox win, so you can take it easy Francis!" postgame thread:redneck.

Paulie 3 hits to 3 different fields, nice.

Isn't it Lighten up Francis?

BleacherBandit
08-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Lillibridge must be one of the most unassuming first basemen I've watched. But then again, I'd rather see him there than Dunn. Same thing goes for batting.

Lip Man 1
08-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Since starting the season over .500 the Sox have had the following chances to get back over that line:

At .500 April 17th, lost game.
At .500 July 3rd, lost game.
At .500 July 5th, lost game.
At .500 July 29th, lost game.
At .500 August 16th, ?????

Lip

BainesHOF
08-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Lillibridge continues to do a lot of good things. Let's put him back on the bench!

Zakath
08-14-2011, 05:35 PM
Since starting the season over .500 the Sox have had the following chances to get back over that line:

At .500 April 17th, lost game.
At .500 July 3rd, lost game.
At .500 July 5th, lost game.
At .500 July 29th, lost game.
At .500 August 16th, ?????

Lip

At .500 April 6th, won game.

We started 2-0, then fell to 2-2.

oldgrouch
08-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Good game. Nice pitching by Danks. Too many LOB, though. Rios needs to take a vacation sooner rather than later.

Keep rolling, Sox!

:winner
I just wonder how how he can ever hit while in that squatting position.:?::?:

amsteel
08-14-2011, 06:23 PM
I wholly expected the Sox to roll over in this series.

Keep the momentum going. The division rests on how they play at home against divisional teams.

Red Barchetta
08-14-2011, 06:28 PM
The next game is critical. The SOX need to get beyond .500 which has been our high mark over the past two months. I would love to see this team with healthy winning record going into September.

TDog
08-14-2011, 06:59 PM
We're average! :bliss:

Were the White Sox "average" on May 6 when they fell to 11-22? Since, in almost three-and-a-half months, the White Sox have been playing .563 baseball, which isn't that bad. Only two AL teams have appreciably better winning percentages for the season, the Yankees and the Red Sox. The Rangers for the season are playing .567 ball. The Tigers aren't playing that well for the season, but, like the White Sox, they got off to a bad start. Rather, they got off to a bad start while the White Sox had a miserable month after winning 6 of their first 9 games. The Sox came up and played .667 ball for their first 9 games.

Since May 6, the White Sox have lost 1 game in the standings to the Tigers. They have picked up 9.5 games on the Indians, 6 games on the Twins and 17 games on the Royals.

It isn't that the Sox have started to play well after falling out of the race. They have been playing well enough to stay in the race. they have won 8 of 10 games since losing 5 straight to the Red Sox and Yankees.

The White Sox may have had an average season so far, with terrible lows balanced by great highs. But right now, they aren't an average team.

Zisk77
08-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Isn't it Lighten up Francis?

Good call.

BoysMom3
08-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Well we weren't going to go to a game this year because my husband and I were just disgusted with the playing. We ended up with other plans in the area and added a game for today. I'm so glad we went! It was a really fun and exciting game, and it was a winner!

We bought tix when we got there -section 140, row 16. We were just to the left of that girl that got hit by the foul ball. Loved that play by Morel. Loved our seats and kids were good.

Only bad part was we had some obnoxious loud mouths sitting behind us for a few innings. It was a few guys, older than me, and they gabbed nonstop, like a couple of college boys, about all their drinking and funny drinking and driving stories. I wanted to say just shut it and watch the game because they were so loud. We had our younger boys with us, so I did say something when they started talking about naked women and penis size. I just turned around and motioned to the kids and said - really? The guy said he was sorry. They were still annoying but a little better, and they left a bit later. Yay!

Overall, it was such a super great time!!!

Oh. Also, also. Can't get over the change in Lillibridge from last year to this year! I love that kid!

Lip Man 1
08-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Zakath:

I'm counting from the point the free fall (18 losses in 22 games) started not the first two weeks when they were 7-4 at one time... as I note in my post.

Lip

Johnny Mostil
08-14-2011, 08:25 PM
Were the White Sox "average" on May 6 when they fell to 11-22? Since, in almost three-and-a-half months, the White Sox have been playing .563 baseball, which isn't that bad. Only two AL teams have appreciably better winning percentages for the season, the Yankees and the Red Sox. The Rangers for the season are playing .567 ball. The Tigers aren't playing that well for the season, but, like the White Sox, they got off to a bad start. Rather, they got off to a bad start while the White Sox had a miserable month after winning 6 of their first 9 games. The Sox came up and played .667 ball for their first 9 games.

Since May 6, the White Sox have lost 1 game in the standings to the Tigers. They have picked up 9.5 games on the Indians, 6 games on the Twins and 17 games on the Royals.

It isn't that the Sox have started to play well after falling out of the race. They have been playing well enough to stay in the race. they have won 8 of 10 games since losing 5 straight to the Red Sox and Yankees.

The White Sox may have had an average season so far, with terrible lows balanced by great highs. But right now, they aren't an average team.

I guess you missed the Yankee and Red Sox series, which helped make the Sox .500 over the past two weeks. The Sox have also played .500 over the past six weeks. Worse, those six weeks represent, to paraphrase another observer, six fewer weeks to do something about their average record.

That said, this week will be interesting--especially if the Sox can finally pass .500 and Cleveland and look respectable against the Rangers.

GlassSox
08-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Nice afternoon at the cell and great to see the 2nd win this weekend. Good to see a couple of sac flies but once again the offense missed good opportunities. Lillibeast with a good HR but he is still learning by fire at 1st base. Attendance a little sparse at 25k.

Soxman219
08-14-2011, 08:34 PM
I'm sure someone else said it already, but they've won 60, they've lost 60, and we're about to find out what they do with the other 42.

soxfanreggie
08-14-2011, 08:59 PM

Sadly we have more home games than road games left. If we want to win this division, we need to 1.) Win at home and 2.) Beat teams in our division. Let's see if the Sox have what it takes to make the playoffs.

October26
08-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Well we weren't going to go to a game this year because my husband and I were just disgusted with the playing. We ended up with other plans in the area and added a game for today. I'm so glad we went! It was a really fun and exciting game, and it was a winner!

We bought tix when we got there -section 140, row 16. We were just to the left of that girl that got hit by the foul ball. Loved that play by Morel. Loved our seats and kids were good.

Only bad part was we had some obnoxious loud mouths sitting behind us for a few innings. It was a few guys, older than me, and they gabbed nonstop, like a couple of college boys, about all their drinking and fun
ny drinking and driving stories. I wanted to say just shut it and watch the game because they were so loud. We had our younger boys with us, so I did say something when they started talking about naked women and penis size. I just turned around and motioned to the kids and said - really? The guy said he was sorry. They were still annoying but a little better, and they left a bit later. Yay!

Overall, it was such a super great time!!!

Oh. Also, also. Can't get over the change in Lillibridge from last year to this year! I love that kid!
:thumbsup: Wonderful post - thanks for sharing and glad to hear that you and your family had a super time at the Sox game today. I loved seeing all the babies and young kids with their parents at today's game (CSN showed lots of families on TV); And yes, Lillibridge has been great this year! :smile:

Soxfest
08-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Beat a soft tosser............Yeah!

sachin
08-14-2011, 09:20 PM
Yeah, sure sucks that the White Sox beat Kansas City. Truly RUINED my day. :scratch:

TDog
08-14-2011, 09:38 PM
I guess you missed the Yankee and Red Sox series, which helped make the Sox .500 over the past two weeks. The Sox have also played .500 over the past six weeks. Worse, those six weeks represent, to paraphrase another observer, six fewer weeks to do something about their average record.

That said, this week will be interesting--especially if the Sox can finally pass .500 and Cleveland and look respectable against the Rangers.

I mentioned in my post that the White Sox lost five straight to the Red Sox and Yankees.

The White Sox swept the Red Sox in Fenway this year. They split against the Yankees in Ne York. Their pitching didn't show up in the recent games against the Red Sox and Yankees, but pitching tends to be stronger in October than it is in August. I think the Sox would have a good chance against either the Yankees or the Red Sox in the postseason.

The White Sox have a legitimate shot at the AL Central. If they win their division, their record is irrelevant. They had the best record in the AL 11 years ago when they were swept by the Mariners.

slavko
08-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Nice job by Danks and though he didn't have a great day with the glove, the beast did plenty with his bat. Maybe should change his name to Manos...

Plays a better OF than IF, that's clear. He'd never see a fastball if I were calling the pitches.

Beat a soft tosser............Yeah!

And a lefty, no less!

hawkjt
08-14-2011, 09:58 PM
Important win yesterday and today,going into the Indian series. Sox face Jiminez,Carmona,and Masterson,who are the 3 best the Tribe have,so the bats must stay at least lukewarm. Take 2 of 3 and keep a pulse. Just hope the Twins show some starch vs the Tigers. Then on the weekend the hot Rangers come to town,off of a big 4 game series vs the Angels...hope they are tapped out.

Nice job by Johnny Danks,and Lilly today. Lilly's homer was a thunderbolt for the Sox,who seem to rarely hit two out 3 run dingers. Nice day to rest the bullpen also,which should be well rested by tuesday.

Nelfox02
08-14-2011, 11:30 PM
had the chance to take this one in from the front row of scout seats today.....was totally awesome, never had a seat like that to a game before.

Nice to see the Sox put an early hurting on this team....looked like Danks might have the no hit stuff going.

Good way to go into the off day

Johnny Mostil
08-15-2011, 06:16 AM
I mentioned in my post that the White Sox lost five straight to the Red Sox and Yankees.

The White Sox swept the Red Sox in Fenway this year. They split against the Yankees in Ne York. Their pitching didn't show up in the recent games against the Red Sox and Yankees, but pitching tends to be stronger in October than it is in August. I think the Sox would have a good chance against either the Yankees or the Red Sox in the postseason.

The White Sox have a legitimate shot at the AL Central. If they win their division, their record is irrelevant. They had the best record in the AL 11 years ago when they were swept by the Mariners.

You're right on the Yanks and Red Sox; my apologies for the oversight. (Although the Sox lost six straight to them, not five.)

My point is I thought they were turning the corner on July 2. They had reached .500 after starting 11-22, going 31-20, a .608 stretch, to do so. Unfortunately, since then, as noted, the Sox record has been .500. Maybe they'll prove otherwise this week, but right now that 31-20 stretch looks like the 25-5 stretch of about the same time last year--it makes the overall record look better, but it may not have postseason implications.

Yes, absolute record might be irrelevant for reaching the postseason, but, unfortunately, relative record is not. And given the wild card is almost certainly not going to come out of the Central, that means the Sox must have a better record than everybody else in their division, right? Since 7/2, the Sox have gained only 1 game on Cleveland, lost 2 games to Detroit, and still need to pass both.

Like I said, maybe they can finally pass Cleveland, and .500, this week. Cleveland certainly has been among the bright spots on their schedule to date. And if they look impressive against Texas, that will help diminish the memories of the most recent series against the Yanks and Red Sox. But I still can't do cartwheels over a .563 record since early May when it's been watered down by .500 play in the past six weeks. And especially when two teams remain to be passed in the division.