PDA

View Full Version : Picks to Click Questions

Soxheads
08-07-2001, 01:08 PM
1. Was there a PTC last year?
2. If so, what score did the winner have?
I think I have a shot at winning this year-maybe 25%-I hope I don't blow it a la Phillies:)

Jerry_Manuel
08-07-2001, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
1. Was there a PTC last year

Yes there was but I'm not sure what the score was.

FarWestChicago
08-07-2001, 01:14 PM
Yes there was but I'm not sure what the score was.

Joeywpb won. Who knows or cares what the score was?

PaleHoseGeorge
08-07-2001, 01:18 PM
Yes, there was a PTC contest. Joeywpb won the case of Hamm's and is our defending champion. I'm not sure of the winning score but we didn't start the contest until August. Obviously this year's winner will pile up a significantly greater point total.

The rules of the game evolved the first few weeks of August last year. They were codified to protect the WSI umpire from attacks by Shoeless Joe who took the game very seriously.

:)

Soxheads
08-07-2001, 06:15 PM
What if the winner is a minor like me?

PaleHoseGeorge
08-07-2001, 06:32 PM
What if the winner is a minor like me?

The WSI umpire will not (knowingly) contribute to the dilinquency of a minor. We'll subsitute some other suitable beverage. Mike's Hard Lemonade is out... how about Mountain Dew?

Daver
08-07-2001, 06:36 PM
Unless said minor were to prove his age in small unmarked bills.

Soxheads
08-07-2001, 06:48 PM
Nah I don't like MD. What's a good non-alcoholic beverage found only in Chicago?

PaleHoseGeorge
08-07-2001, 06:57 PM
Nah I don't like MD. What's a good non-alcoholic beverage found only in Chicago?

Once you get past microbrews, there aren't many drinks unique to Chicago anymore. Canfield's soda is still around but their shelf space is almost non existent anymore. Who else remembers Yummy Cola at Jewel? It's been at least twenty years since they stopped making that stuff.

How about some Jay's potato chips?

FarWestChicago
08-07-2001, 07:11 PM
Who else remembers Yummy Cola at Jewel? It's been at least twenty years since they stopped making that stuff.

How about some Jay's potato chips?

I remember both well. Twenty years for Yummy? Wow!

Daver
08-07-2001, 07:25 PM
Perhaps a bag of Tootsie rolls straight from the plant at Cicero and State rd.

Bmr31
08-07-2001, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by daver
Unless said minor were to prove his age in small unmarked bills.

*****!!!

Spiff
08-07-2001, 09:03 PM
I figure all I gotta do is keep pickin the starting pitcher and I should be winning by September.

I'm also a "minor" with few bills, marked or otherwise, so I'd settle for root beer as a substitute.

Soxheads
08-07-2001, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00
I figure all I gotta do is keep pickin the starting pitcher and I should be winning by September.

I'm also a "minor" with few bills, marked or otherwise, so I'd settle for root beer as a substitute.

That's my strategy! :)