PDA

View Full Version : Dunn Out Until 8/16 due to Family Issue

amsteel
08-13-2011, 04:02 PM
@CSNChi_Beatnik (http://twitter.com/#%21/CSNChi_Beatnik) Brett Ballantini
Adam Dunn will miss the next two games due to a family matter, he is expected back with #WhiteSox (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23WhiteSox) on Tuesday.

Hope everything is all right. Too bad Viciedo isn't already up...

Zakath
08-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Any excuse is good with me at this point.

DirtySox
08-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Hope everything is all right. Too bad Viciedo isn't already up...

He's playing 1B tonight. I'd wager he might be replacing De Aza or Lillibridge in the immediate future.

kevingrt
08-13-2011, 04:11 PM
He's playing 1B tonight. I'd wager he might be replacing De Aza or Lillibridge in the immediate future.

Well I'm going tomorrow and Tuesday and hopefully will see Viciedo's debut one of those days.

soltrain21
08-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Any excuse is good with me at this point.

Excuse? Christ.

Hope everything is alright with him and his family.

manders_01
08-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Hope everything is all right with the Dunn family. :(:

DrCrawdad
08-13-2011, 04:20 PM

I agree.

Well I'm going tomorrow and Tuesday and hopefully will see Viciedo's debut one of those days.

Viciedo can't get up here soon enough for me.

October26
08-13-2011, 04:20 PM

I agree, manders. I feel sorry for Adam Dunn; he's already having a difficult time. And family matters are > baseball. Always.

Nellie_Fox
08-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Viciedo can't get up here soon enough for me.They still need to open up a roster spot unless they wait until the expanded rosters on September 1.

amsteel
08-13-2011, 04:58 PM
@scottmerkin (http://twitter.com/#%21/scottmerkin) Scott Merkin
Adam Dunn will be gone next two days due to death in his family

Bummer. Warm wishes, Mr. Dunn.

kufram
08-13-2011, 05:43 PM
I don't care how badly he's played or how much he's paid. When a family issue takes any person away from their job it isn't the time to jab at them.

manders_01
08-13-2011, 06:07 PM
I don't care how badly he's played or how much he's paid. When a family issue takes any person away from their job it isn't the time to jab at them.

:thumbsup:

@scottmerkin (http://twitter.com/#%21/scottmerkin) Scott Merkin
Adam Dunn will be gone next two days due to death in his family

Very sorry to hear about the death in the family. My sympathies are with him and his family.

Hartman
08-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Take your time

Nelfox02
08-13-2011, 10:27 PM
despite his season so far, was looking forward to meeting him at the picnic in the park event tomorrow

condolences to him and his family

thomas35forever
08-13-2011, 10:30 PM
For the bad season he's having, he doesn't need anymore distractions right now. Let's hope he gets through this well.

TDog
08-13-2011, 10:49 PM

De Aza and Lillibridge aren't going down for Viciedo.

Viciedo will be up in September.

I wish Dunn the best.

Noneck
08-13-2011, 11:00 PM
Viciedo can't get up here soon enough for me.

There is no one now that can dropped into order to make room for him and it probably doesnt make sense to waste an option at this stage of the season.

DumpJerry
08-13-2011, 11:16 PM
His debut was June 20, 2010. Yeah, last year. I guess most people have forgotten how unimpressive he was. It took him something like three months to draw his first walk (and even get a three ball count) because he was so disciplined.......

Foulke You
08-13-2011, 11:39 PM
His debut was June 20, 2010. Yeah, last year. I guess most people have forgotten how unimpressive he was. It took him something like three months to draw his first walk (and even get a three ball count) because he was so disciplined.......
I also remember that he crushed left handed pitchers but had a rough time with right handers. Here is hoping he has made some adjustments down in AAA.

thomas35forever
08-13-2011, 11:42 PM
I also remember that he crushed left handed pitchers but had a rough time with right handers. Here is hoping he has made some adjustments down in AAA.
I saw him hit a home run on 7/5 against the Angels (his first in the bigs, I believe). I knew it was gone as soon as he hit it. Hope that's a sign of things to come for him.

hi im skot
08-14-2011, 12:50 AM

Unimpressive (http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=493364)?

I call bull****.

DumpJerry
08-14-2011, 08:38 AM
Unimpressive (http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=493364)?

I call bull****.
That statline confirms his complete lack of Plate Discipline last year.

doublem23
08-14-2011, 08:45 AM

Well that settles that, as we all know, every baseball player peaks at the ripe old age of 21.

DumpJerry
08-14-2011, 09:02 AM
Well that settles that, as we all know, every baseball player peaks at the ripe old age of 21.
IIRC, you were riding him pretty hard last year on this exact issue.

doublem23
08-14-2011, 09:08 AM
IIRC, you were riding him pretty hard last year on this exact issue.

No, I love Viciedo, and if you take 10 seconds to look at his stats in Charlotte you'll see a dramatic increase in plate discipline.

DumpJerry
08-14-2011, 09:27 AM
No, I love Viciedo, and if you take 10 seconds to look at his stats in Charlotte you'll see a dramatic increase in plate discipline.
I know what he is doing this year and how good he was in Spring Training before busting his thumb. However, AAA does not always translate to The Show (Brian Anderson was one of AAA's top hitters). I'll wait and see what he does here before proclaiming him the Second Coming.

24thStFan
08-14-2011, 09:34 AM
My sincere condolences to Adam and his family. White Sox fans wish you the best in your time of grief.

doublem23
08-14-2011, 09:36 AM
I know what he is doing this year and how good he was in Spring Training before busting his thumb. However, AAA does not always translate to The Show (Brian Anderson was one of AAA's top hitters). I'll wait and see what he does here before proclaiming him the Second Coming.

That's fine and that's a much more reasonable opinion of his time in the Show last year than "unimpressive." You don't have to think that Dayan is the Second Coming to at least acknowledge that what he showed last year, as a 21-year-old, was pretty encouraging especially when you couple it with the work he has put in at the minor league level this year at some of the weaker areas of his game.

SOXSINCE'70
08-14-2011, 09:42 AM
:thumbsup:

Very sorry to hear about the death in the family. My sympathies are with him and his family.

+ 2

hi im skot
08-14-2011, 11:23 AM

When the rest of his statline looks good, I really don't care if a 21 year-old is taking walks or not.

And as others have already pointed out, his walks have improved. I'm not sure who's calling him the second coming, but I don't think many folks will disagree that some new blood sure as hell wouldn't hurt this team.

October26
08-14-2011, 12:34 PM
My sincere condolences to Adam and his family. White Sox fans wish you the best in your time of grief.

THIS. I wish that Sox fans could hold up a banner at the game today to let Adam know that we are thinking of him. Of course, he's not there today, so he wouldn't see it.