PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 8-12 Cy Chen's 27 KC Yanks beat Walker's Craptacular Corpseballers

Frater Perdurabo
08-12-2011, 11:04 PM
The consistent inability to score runs against the worst team in the division is a damning indictment of our manager and hitting coach. No one in their right mind can mount a credible defense for these two incompetent robo-clowns.

Lip Man 1
08-12-2011, 11:07 PM
On the road they look like world beaters...

At home they look like absolute ****.

Amazing.

Complete garbage.

Seven straight home losses.

Lip

DirtySox
This Sox team was getting too close to .500. It's about time for them to fall flat on their face for a few games in a row again.

thomas35forever
Ladies and gentlemen, your 2011 White Sox. They give you hope, then let you down. Oh well. Let's hope the fans enjoy the fireworks.

Nelfox02
The consistent inability to score runs against the worst team in the division is a damning indictment of our manager and hitting coach. No one in their right mind can mount a credible defense for these two incompetent robo-clowns.

totally----I mean this is the THIRD time this year Chen has dominated this team. Santana back in the day? okay, fine, sure sucked he owned us but back then he was an elite pitcher. Chen? ***????

at first it looked like maybe we would be able to make some noise, but thanks Rios for a fly out on a 2-0 pitch wth the bases loaded......

At least AJ writst not broken, Stewart looked solid....other than that this was a complete **** show

amsteel
I'm booking my hotel room for Bruce Chen's HOF induction weekend

NO ONE should be surprised if the Sox lose 2 or get swept this weekend, it's the 2011 way

All the home games down the stretch against division opponents at home will make for a bummer of a September. I can't wait for the pointless sweep of Toronto to get this team to .500 for the season.

PalehosePlanet
08-12-2011, 11:08 PM
Still can't hit the ball or win games at home. At this point it doesn't look like that's going to change. Three hits tonight? Seriously?

Seven consecutive home losses. Absolutely ****ing pathetic.

Frater Perdurabo
08-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Looking this inept against the worst starting pitcher in the AL over the last month, whom our hitters have faced many times, makes our manager and hitting coach look completely incompetent at preparing the hitters on this team.

Ozzie says the majors aren't for teaching. Well, they aren't for stubborn troglodyte morons, either.

I wish the Sox would erect a statue of Walker so I could urinate on it.

HaroMaster87
08-12-2011, 11:10 PM
:ozzie

Hey Bruce ****ing Chen...

:tiphat:

chisoxfanatic
08-12-2011, 11:11 PM
On the road they look like world beaters...

At home they look like absolute ****.

Amazing.

Complete garbage.

Seven straight home losses.

Lip
What's sickening is that they have more home than road games left. Ughhh!
Ladies and gentlemen, your 2011 White Sox. They give you hope, then let you down. Oh well. Let's hope the fans enjoy the fireworks.
I'm sure hearing the fireworks right now...Wish I could've heard them more throughout the game.

This team sucks!

Frater Perdurabo
:bandance: <---- This is me the day Ozzie and Walker get canned.

billyvsox
I WANT VICIEDO NOW!!!!

THIS HOMESTAND IS THE TIME TO GET HIM IN THE LINEUP.

Instead of these bums that ***t the bed at home.

He is ready. All the other teams have brought up their pospects,even the teams in contention.

Mod Edit: Let the language filter do its job. Don't try to edit a swear word on your own.

Frater Perdurabo
08-12-2011, 11:12 PM
I WANT VICIEDO NOW!!!!

He is ready. All the other teams have brought up their pospects,even the teams in contention.

Nope. Not me. I don't want Walker ruining yet another promising hitter.

Frater Perdurabo
08-12-2011, 11:13 PM
If I were the Tigers, Twins, Indians and Royals, I would pay the Sox a million dollars a year each just to keep Walker as the hitting coach.

chisoxfanatic
Nope. Not me. I don't want Walker ruining yet another promising hitter.
I never thought of that positive to Viciedo not being called up.

thomas35forever
I WANT VICIEDO NOW!!!!

Well, we're not "all the other teams". We're the White Sox, so of course, we have to be different.

Lip Man 1
08-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Sickening stat of the night:

Royals' lefty Bruce Chen has a 0.90 ERA against the Sox and a 5.48 ERA against everyone else.

:o::o::o:

Keep swingin' for that 800 foot home runs boys! Don't stop now!!!

Lip

samurai_sox
08-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Face it, we can't beat even the ****ing ROYALS and their almighty Bruce Chen.

Unbelieveable that we lost 3 games to this guy! :angry:

Something has to give with our record at home, nothing pisses me off more when opposing teams love coming to our park because its an easy win! :angry::angry::angry:

Frater Perdurabo
08-12-2011, 11:16 PM

Royals' lefty Bruce Chen has a 0.90 ERA against the Sox and a 5.48 ERA against everyone else.

Lip

Doesn't this tell us, once and for all, that Walker is completely clueless at helping his hitters have some kind of game plan to face this piece of crap pitcher?

Seems like there are 29 other MLB hitting coaches who could do a better job than Walker.

Soxman219
08-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Saw this coming sadly, I'm advocating hard that the rest of the Sox games be played on the road. They are just a totally different team at home.

Bruce Santana at it again.:mad:

Lip Man 1
08-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Frater:

I'm waiting (and you know it's coming) for Ozzie or Walker or somebody in the organization to say something along the lines of, "well we're not playing well at home because of the fans negativity and booing..."

LOL.

Lip

thomas35forever
08-12-2011, 11:19 PM

Lip
Ugh.
:facepalm:

samurai_sox
08-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Doesn't this tell us, once and for all, that Walker is completely clueless at helping his hitters have some kind of game plan to face this piece of crap pitcher?

Seems like there are 29 other MLB hitting coaches who could do a better job than Walker.

Wasn't there a report earlier this season about Dunn saying how the Sox don't really prepare for pitchers by going over game tape and what not?
Combine that with that useless bum Walker and and we can't buy a hit off BRUCE ****ING CHEN!!

Frater Perdurabo
08-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Frater:

I'm waiting (and you know it's coming) for Ozzie or Walker or somebody in the organization to say something along the lines of, "well we're not playing well at home because of the fans negativity and booing..."

LOL.

Lip

I wish Ozzie would lose his voice for the rest of the season. I'm not wishing for permanent damage to his vocal cords, but I'd like him to be silent for the rest of the season. Talking to much is his biggest problem, because it prevents him from listening. This keeps him from learning, which is why he has not improved, but rather has regressed, as a manager.

And I don't want to hear any crap that "you have no idea what it's like to be in a major league clubhouse." It has nothing to do with baseball and everything to do with how the brain works; those who talk most are those who listen - and thus learn - least.

Lip Man 1
08-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Sickening stat of the Night Part II

The five worst teams in the league (Balt. - Oak. - Sea. - K.C. - Minn.) are a combined 86 games UNDER .500

The White Sox are 21-23 against them!

:o:

4-4 vs. Balt.
3-6 vs. K.C.
6-4 vs. Oak.
4-2 vs. Sea.
4-7 vs. Minn.

Guess you just got to tip your cap to garbage!

Lip

Frater Perdurabo
08-12-2011, 11:28 PM

The five worst teams in the league (Balt. - Oak. - Sea. - K.C. - Minn.) are a combined 86 games UNDER .500

The White Sox are 11-12 against them!

4-4 vs. Balt.
3-6 vs. K.C.
6-4 vs. Oak.
4-2 vs. Sea.
4-7 vs. Minn.

Lip

Disgusting. Ozzie and Walker must go.

Lip Man 1
08-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Samurai:

Gonzo at the Tribune investigated Dunn's charge and found their was nothing to it. (Which makes me wonder why Dunn said what he did in the first place?)

Lip

tstrike2000
08-12-2011, 11:30 PM
This Sox team was getting too close to .500. It's about time for them to fall flat on their face for a few games in a row again.

That's been the whole season; suck, get to .500, suck, get to .500, etc, etc.

Brian26
Wasn't there a report earlier this season about Dunn saying how the Sox don't really prepare for pitchers by going over game tape and what not?

No. The controversy was that Dunn said the Sox didn't have any tape on a new pitcher that had just come up. He made it sound like they were unprepared for that specific pitcher.

Boondock Saint
The only times I can remember enjoying the Sox this season were opening day and the Orioles series. We've faced Bruce Chen three times this season, and we've scored a total of two runs against him in 20 innings. It's absolutely pathetic. I'm sick of ranting about the same **** again and again, because nobody does jack **** to fix what's broken on this **** team.

thomas35forever
08-12-2011, 11:35 PM
The only times I can remember enjoying the Sox this season were opening day and the Orioles series. We've faced Bruce Chen three times this season, and we've scored a total of two runs against him in 20 innings. It's absolutely pathetic. I'm sick of ranting about the same **** again and again, because nobody does jack **** to fix what's broken on this **** team.
Add the last Twins series and you're about right.

Frater Perdurabo
08-12-2011, 11:36 PM
No. The controversy was that Dunn said the Sox didn't have any tape on a new pitcher that had just come up. He made it sound like they were unprepared for that specific pitcher.

They ought to have plenty of video of Chen, both struggling against the rest of the league, and dominating the Sox. You would think that this video comparison alone would show what all other teams are doing right, and what the Sox hitters are doing wrong.

If it was just one or two Sox hitters who struggled against Chen, then I think you could point to the players.

When all the Sox hitters look like middle school wiffle ball rejects against Chen, then there's something wrong with the coaching. Either Walker can't figure it out, or he has figured it out and cannot communicate it successfully to any of the Sox hitters. Either way it amounts to the same thing: bad coaching.

Coming to any other conclusion is intellectually dishonest.

Rikirk
08-12-2011, 11:50 PM
The only times I can remember enjoying the Sox this season were opening day and the Orioles series. We've faced Bruce Chen three times this season, and we've scored a total of two runs against him in 20 innings. It's absolutely pathetic. I'm sick of ranting about the same **** again and again, because nobody does jack **** to fix what's broken on this **** team. They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Sounds familiar, especially with this team.

feh..

Oh yeah,...It was a game against the Royals in our home park...
Draw your own conclusions.

Noneck
08-12-2011, 11:58 PM
I bet there will be the obligatory Bruce Chen cap tipping by players and manager in tomorrows papers. What a damn joke.

arKnaD7
08-13-2011, 12:20 AM
I'm glad this game was on WCIU so I couldn't watch this ****.

****ing embarrassing

waldo_the_wolf
08-13-2011, 12:45 AM
When Chen left after the sixth I turned into Harry Doyle: For the Sox, no runs on...ONE hit? That's all we got, ONE god damn hit?!

Nellie_Fox
08-13-2011, 01:00 AM
They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.Jeez, it's been three or four days since somebody trotted out this meaningless cliché. Does it apply to posters who come on here every night and make the same posts over and over?

captain54
08-13-2011, 01:09 AM
. Does it apply to posters who come on here every night and make the same posts over and over?

It would probably help if we had a team here that didn't fall into huge offensive slumber parties on a regular basis.

The guys were on base throughout the game.. How do you go 0-4 and leave a total of 7 guys on base, Mr. Rios? Good Lord

I'd be curious to know what is the Sox record since WalkerBall came upon us, in games they don't homer? Because it seems like at least 5-6 yrs now, the Sox don't hit that 2 -3 run homer, they don't win..

MeteorsSox4367
08-13-2011, 01:20 AM
Positives: Gorgeous night for a game, seats were good, beer was cold, company was great.

Negatives: My favorite team could do nothing against the definitive journeyman lefty, Rios left the bases full twice and the Sox offense looked like bleep.

This team is so bleeping frustrating to watch.

palehozenychicty
08-13-2011, 01:51 AM
As Frater said, the Sox seem to make the fewest adjustments of anyone in the league at the dish. No excuse for us to lose tonight. None.

Crooked Number
08-13-2011, 02:06 AM

The White Sox are 21-23 against them!

4-4 vs. Balt.
3-6 vs. K.C.
6-4 vs. Oak.
4-2 vs. Sea.
4-7 vs. Minn.

Lip

When we are 6 out with a week left and everyone is wondering what went wrong, no need to look further than this post.

Foulke You
08-13-2011, 02:29 AM
This is the worst I've ever seen the Sox play in our own ballpark in quite some time. 35th and Shields used to be a tough place for teams to come into and win a series but this season has just been brutal. The offensive woes that have plagued the Sox all year seem to magnify in our home ballpark in 2011 hence the dismal home record.

Jollyroger2
08-13-2011, 02:30 AM
Tonight's game is just another of the many examples the Sox have shown us this season, on why not to get too emotionally invested. I read the threads and postgame threads after the wins over weak Minnesota and Baltimore, knowing I couldn't enjoy them because the Sox would inevitably suck again at some point.

It's like a broken record. People here get excited when the team gets to within four games out, or gets to within reach of the juggernaut .500 mark. It's sad. The Sox time and time again have shown us signs of improvement (if you can call beating weaklings after getting embarrassed by real playoff teams improvement) only to have a brilliant "effort" like tonight.

It stopped bothering me a long time ago. This team is losing and failing because they have chosen to. Whether it's Dunn not working out over the offseason, or Rios not hustling time and time again, or any of the other reasons, if they don't care why should I? Why should fans pay good money to watch a AA effort. The management doesn't care either.

I'd say tonight's game is exhibit A on this season as a whole but there are plenty of games that would fit that bill. Underachiveing bums.

kufram
08-13-2011, 02:55 AM
Looking this inept against the worst starting pitcher in the AL over the last month, whom our hitters have faced many times, makes our manager and hitting coach look completely incompetent at preparing the hitters on this team.

Ozzie says the majors aren't for teaching. Well, they aren't for stubborn troglodyte morons, either.

I wish the Sox would erect a statue of Walker so I could urinate on it.

So I guess The manager and coaches are good at prep when we're on the road but lose that ability when in Chicago? These players do not play well in Chicago.

Big Gus
08-13-2011, 04:03 AM
Noticing the sea of empty seats, it looked like the smart fans stayed away from this latest version of snoreball.

With any game on the line, Rios and his weak bat with runners on and Home Run Derby Flamethrower Thornton should sit in the clubhouse wearing street clothes watching on TV.

But what Sox fan hasn't seen more than enough of that this year.

doublem23
08-13-2011, 06:57 AM
lbNidYYGjic

Frater Perdurabo
08-13-2011, 07:57 AM
So I guess The manager and coaches are good at prep when we're on the road but lose that ability when in Chicago? These players do not play well in Chicago.

Why does every other team pound Chen, but we don't?

SCCWS
08-13-2011, 08:53 AM
I followed the game on ESPN Gamecast. The Sox were down one run. But once Flowers came in the last 5 in the order were Flowers-Rios-Lilli-Beckham-Morel. UGGH. The only batter in the lineup hitting over .280 was Paulie. The bottom 3 of Lilli-Beckham-Morel would be utility players on good AL teams. Besides being .250 hitters they have very limited speed. Their only + are they have good gloves.

Vernam
08-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Fans frothing for Ozzie's departure can take heart that Hawk has subtly signaled that JR may be done with Oz. Hawk has said nothing critical about our manager for years but lately has been chirping about Ozzie's stubborn refusal to greenlight any of our hitters on a 3-0 count. I realize it's a minor thing to pick on when so much is ****ed up, but this is Hawk we're talking about. Last night Konerko had to take a 3-0 pitch and eventually walked with two outs. It would take three singles to score the guy and he's our best hitter even on one leg -- why not ****ing let him swing?

But my point is that Hawk would not unleash even that mild criticism if Oz hadn't crossed the line with JR. I'm not predicting he'll be fired, but I think he is free to go. That is accountability, Chicago White Sox style.

Vernam

Johnny Mostil
08-13-2011, 09:05 AM
Jeez, it's been three or four days since somebody trotted out this meaningless cliché. Does it apply to posters who come on here every night and make the same posts over and over?

Uh, it's actually been close to two weeks, at least if I'm reading the search results right. So I'm guessing this is a pet peeve of yours?

I was apparently the last to previously use it. (For the record, I don't post in every post-game thread.) I used it because Guillén had Dunn, who's batting .038 against left-handers, hit clean-up against one of the best left-handed pitchers in the league. I used it because my pet peeve is ****ty baseball.

But I will give Guillén credit. At least he hasn't had Dunn hit clean-up lately.

Zakath
08-13-2011, 09:11 AM
That's been the whole season; suck, get to .500, suck, get to .500, etc, etc.

Actually it's suck, get within a game or two of .500, suck, within hailing frequency of .500, suck, wash, rinse, repeat.

kufram
08-13-2011, 09:15 AM
Why does every other team pound Chen, but we don't?

I hear you. I think the answer is something to do with being a slowball leftie but, yes, I'd like the answer to that question. I just don't think it is necessarily the coaching. I ask why do we win everywhere but Chicago?

Viva Medias B's
08-13-2011, 09:16 AM
lbNidYYGjic

This isn't the first time Coach Lombardi has come into a postgame thread and said this.

ChiSoxGal85
08-13-2011, 10:34 AM
Wow. Did that game ever suck, in person it was really depressing. The crowd was booing at the end of the game. 2 hits?!

My DH (designated hubby) got tickets over the winter at a silent auction benefit - 4 skyline tickets, Stadium Club passes, and parking pass. We chose to use them for my birthday as we always get tix for then anyway.

My family spent the ride home composing an email to Brooks:

"Dear Brooks,
We enjoyed the Stadium Club, the LG skyline club, and the atmosphere at the Cell. However, we did not enjoy the game. We won't be back this year." :tongue:

Better than the game:
- the food at the Stadium Club was excellent. We sat by the window and watched the Sox and Royals take BP.
- enjoyed the Skyline club atmosphere and if it had rained I would have really been happy to go inside. However, I think if the weather is good I prefer the lower level; I like to be closer to the field.

We were too tired and bummed to stay for fireworks. As we were leaving, pieces of fireworks fell onto our car. Sure, break my heart and then set me on fire. :angry:

downstairs
08-13-2011, 12:40 PM
Wow. Did that game ever suck, in person it was really depressing. The crowd was booing at the end of the game. 2 hits?!

See this is the kind of mischaracterization of this team that really irks me. They got 3 hits, not 2!! People keep knocking the Sox offense by spewing lies like this!!

(teal implied)

ChiSoxGal85
08-13-2011, 04:05 PM
See this is the kind of mischaracterization of this team that really irks me. They got 3 hits, not 2!! People keep knocking the Sox offense by spewing lies like this!!

(teal implied)

:rolling: I must have fallen asleep before the 3rd hit.

SOXSINCE'70
08-13-2011, 04:42 PM
We were too tired and bummed to stay for fireworks. :angry:

I never stay for fireworks when the Sox lose.

FielderJones
08-13-2011, 05:59 PM
From my seat in 129, the only Sox hitter that looked like he was swinging for a HR every time was Quentin. The reality of this game was that every hard hit ball was right at somebody. It's not like the Sox hitters were grounding out softly or striking out.

Against Chen, my count shows 6 fly outs (one moved Pierre from 1st to 2nd, so it was quite deep), 2 line outs to the outfield, 1 soft line out, 3 ground outs (one was an error that kept the inning going), 3 pop outs and 4 strikeouts. BABIP against Chen was .0625.

Ramirez had two hard line outs hit right at an outfielder, and a hard foul ball that missed being a double by inches.

The Sox had statistically improbable bad luck against Chen last night. They've had statistically improbable back luck all year. Does anyone know the team current BABIP?

Johnny Mostil
08-13-2011, 06:05 PM
Does anyone know the team current BABIP?

.277 (http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHW/2011-batting.shtml#players_advanced_batting::none)

Lip Man 1
08-13-2011, 07:12 PM
"Luck is the residue of design" -- Branch Rickey

Lip

Johnny Mostil
08-13-2011, 07:44 PM
"Luck is the residue of design" -- Branch Rickey

Lip

On that note, I was curious whether anybody knew how well BABIP correlates with batting average . . . I honestly have no idea but am curious . . . (I know such things aren't your interest, Lip, but you did prompt me to think about this . . . ) . . .

Lip Man 1
08-13-2011, 08:27 PM
No worries.

I agree with Fielder that luck certainly plays a part over 162 games. It can be a big factor in a game or a short series (weather, injuries, a freak bounce, a fluke play) I think I disagree with the idea the Sox have been "unlucky" all year.

You get what you deserve in the game, you make your own luck.

The Sox hitters aren't dismal this year because they are hitting a lot of drives right at guys...they are bad because they are simply bad, period.

The track record is some of these guys has been trending downwards, throw in the Walker issue as hitting coach and it's just a bad situation.

Luck, in my opinion has very little to do with it.

Lip

Frater Perdurabo
08-13-2011, 09:21 PM
No worries.

I agree with Fielder that luck certainly plays a part over 162 games. It can be a big factor in a game or a short series (weather, injuries, a freak bounce, a fluke play) I think I disagree with the idea the Sox have been "unlucky" all year.

You get what you deserve in the game, you make your own luck.

The Sox hitters aren't dismal this year because they are hitting a lot of drives right at guys...they are bad because they are simply bad, period.

The track record is some of these guys has been trending downwards, throw in the Walker issue as hitting coach and it's just a bad situation.

Luck, in my opinion has very little to do with it.

Lip

Sox hitters are dreadful at making adjustments. Other than Dunn, who always has struck out a lot (and is doing so more this year), the Sox don't strike out much. They do make a lot more "bad" contact than all other teams, which is reflected in them being dead last in the majors in BABIP since Walker has been the hitting coach. Because they don't make adjustments, they keep hitting popups, groundouts and lineouts to the same places. Opposing teams know the spray charts and position their defenders to make plays.

Not only are the gaps small at the Cell, but opposing fielders know where to play to catch the ball off Sox hitters' bats, at least more than they do against any other team.

Consequently, when the Sox don't hit the ball over the fence, they don't win. Because of their coaching that fails to get hitters to make adjustments, combined with their small park, they are more reliant on the HR, especially at home, than almost every other team.

Therefore, when two of their four projected "middle of the order" hitters - the ones you expect to hit for at least some power - are slumping (one historically bad), they are going to have more trouble than usual scoring runs.

In addition, if Ozzie - by his own admission - doesn't read scouting reports, then it is almost certain that he's never looked at a spray chart, BABIP figures, or anything of the sort. Rather, his "gut" just tells him that guys are struggling.

Johnny Mostil
08-14-2011, 12:30 AM
Frater, didn't you have a thread recently looking at BABIP for the Sox over time? I thought you had, but now I can't find it.

FWIW, there appears (at least if my calculations are correct) to be a correlation of 0.84 between BABIP and batting average among AL teams so far this season. (BA and BABIP by team in AL here (http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/AL/2011-advanced-batting.shtml#teams_advanced_batting::7).) It is interesting, I suppose, that the Sox are 8th in batting average but 13th in BABIP.