PDA

View Full Version : Dunn's batting stance

Railsplitter
08-12-2011, 10:28 AM
I never noticed what batting stance Adam Dunn took white with the Nats, but I see he has his legs apart. Did he do this before?

whitesox4eva
08-12-2011, 12:50 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=10621375

Brewski
08-12-2011, 01:27 PM
What I did notice is that he looked slimmer. Well, less out of shape anyway.

ViPeRx007
08-12-2011, 03:35 PM
What I noticed is that he hit a homerun and apparently, given the commentators response, it wasn't a surprise.

Bobby Thigpen
08-12-2011, 05:47 PM

I can't imagine what people would say about Babe Ruth if he were alive and playing.

Dick Allen
08-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Maybe he should stand on his head. Couldn't be any worse.

Frater Perdurabo
08-12-2011, 05:56 PM
I can't imagine what people would say about Babe Ruth if he were alive and playing.

I don't care if Dunn is 500 pounds, but he needs to produce.

If Ruth put up Ruth-like numbers today, only opposing pitchers would complain.

Bobby Thigpen
08-12-2011, 11:14 PM
I don't care if Dunn is 500 pounds, but he needs to produce.

If Ruth put up Ruth-like numbers today, only opposing pitchers would complain.

Agreed, more of a commentary on peoples expert opinions on what's wrong with him this season.

Frater Perdurabo
08-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Agreed, more of a commentary on peoples expert opinions on what's wrong with him this season.

OTOH, if his lack of conditioning has hindered his bat speed (and only he and Sox coaches/trainers would know that), he damn well better hit the gym this fall.

Bobby Thigpen
08-12-2011, 11:26 PM
OTOH, if his lack of conditioning has hindered his bat speed (and only he and Sox coaches/trainers would know that), he damn well better hit the gym this fall.
Perhaps. Idk that a guy like him just suddenly stops working out. If he didn't do it in the past it worked for him in the past and hopefully he'll learn his lesson from this season.

I have a feeling his troubles go much deeper than he "just got fat and lazy" as so many here like to throw around as analysis.

Foulke You
08-13-2011, 01:10 PM
Dunn's body type looked pretty much the same to me in that clip.

balke
08-13-2011, 07:14 PM

I don't think it's bat speed. I think Walker has said as much.

When you watch him it looks like he knows what pitch is coming - swings at it on time and meets the ball at the proper plane. He just happens to be about 3+ inches above or under it.

Frater Perdurabo
08-13-2011, 09:29 PM

When you watch him it looks like he knows what pitch is coming - swings at it on time and meets the ball at the proper plane. He just happens to be about 3+ inches above or under it.

Do you really trust Walker's analysis?

Actually, Walker could be right, but who here really trusts him to help Dunn fix the problem?

Nellie_Fox
08-14-2011, 12:51 AM

When you watch him it looks like he knows what pitch is coming - swings at it on time and meets the ball at the proper plane. He just happens to be about 3+ inches above or under it.I'm certainly no expert, but there have only been a couple of games this year where Dunn's bat speed has looked okay. Far more often he's been long and slow, slow, slow.

MetroPD
08-15-2011, 09:43 PM
I'm thinking maybe Dunn is a natural right handed hitter and needs to bat from the other side of the plate. Whats the worse that can happen, he hits .150?