PDA

View Full Version : Chicago trib live

pythons007
08-11-2011, 05:20 PM
I'm sorry, sitting here getting my oil change and they have this craptastic show on and Kaplan can't help having diahirea of the mouth. He says would you trade Marmol for Matt Cain and Madison Bumgardner. This guy is just beyond stupid. Two elite pitchers for a wild as **** closer?

MtGrnwdSoxFan
08-11-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm sorry, sitting here getting my oil change and they have this craptastic show on and Kaplan can't help having diahirea of the mouth. He says would you trade Marmol for Matt Cain and Madison Bumgardner. This guy is just beyond stupid. Two elite pitchers for a wild as **** closer?

If I was offered Bumgarner and Cain for Marmol, I wouldn't even let them finish the offer before I booked Marmol's flight to San Francisco.

If it was the other way around, I wouldn't even let them finish the offer before they heard the dial tone.

cards press box
08-11-2011, 05:31 PM

Cain and Bumgarner for Marmol? No sane general manager would ever do that. And it gets even crazier when you consider that the Giants have relievers Brian Wilson, Sergio Romo, Ramon Ramirez and Santiago Casilla, all of whom have been more effective than Marmol.

doublem23
08-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Kaplan makes Hawk look reserved and objective.

I hear better Cubs analysis from my buddies from high school who didn't go to college when we watch games at the bar.

EMachine10
08-11-2011, 09:42 PM
I wouldn't trade Cain or Bumgarner for Marmol. Either. Alone.

Brian26
08-11-2011, 09:53 PM

So much time in the solarium for "Kap" has clearly begun the process of melting his brain.

tstrike2000
08-11-2011, 11:34 PM
He's the reason never to watch that show.

Foulke You
08-12-2011, 12:25 AM
I wouldn't trade Cain or Bumgarner for Marmol. Either. Alone.
Agreed. Cain alone would command far more than just Marmol.

CWSpalehoseCWS
08-12-2011, 03:14 AM
He's the reason never to watch that show.

Yep. Soon as he took over I stopped watching. It's one thing to have bias towards your team, but he is beyond ridiculous.

DrCrawdad
08-12-2011, 07:30 AM
Yep. Soon as he took over I stopped watching. It's one thing to have bias towards your team, but he is beyond ridiculous.

No matter what the Sox story is, Kraplan will bring up the Cubbies. When Frank Thomas gets selected for the Hall Of Fame, I bet Kraplan will give the Frank talk go for 30 seconds then find some way to make it a Cubbie discussion.

Kraplan interviewing Frank:

KRAPLAN: Congratulations Frank on your being selected for the Baseball Hall Of Fame!

FRANK: Thanks Dave, I'm very happy. It's very satisfying.

KRAPLAN: So Frank you spent nearly all of your career on the Southside, wouldn't it have been much cooler to have played for the great Chicago Cubs?

Zakath
08-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Book Brian Sabean some time in a rubber room if the thought of such a trade would even cross his mind.

TommyJohn
08-12-2011, 07:51 AM
No matter what the Sox story is, Kraplan will bring up the Cubbies. When Frank Thomas gets selected for the Hall Of Fame, I bet Kraplan will give the Frank talk go for 30 seconds then find some way to make it a Cubbie discussion.

KRAPLAN: Congratulations Frank on your being selected for the Baseball Hall Of Fame!

KRAPLAN: So Frank you spent nearly all of your career on the Southside, wouldn't it have been much cooler to have played for the great Chicago Cubs?

It might actually be more like "Frank, what was it like to play in the shadow of Sammy Sosa and the Cubs?'

The highest compliment anyone can pay to guys like Kaplan is giving him attention. If he were to come here and read these threads about him, he would be absolutely tickled pink that he gets under Sox fans' skins. As they say on the internet "don't feed the troll."

pythons007
08-12-2011, 08:19 AM
It might actually be more like "Frank, what was it like to play in the shadow of Sammy Sosa and the Cubs?'

The highest compliment anyone can pay to guys like Kaplan is giving him attention. If he were to come here and read these threads about him, he would be absolutely tickled pink that he gets under Sox fans' skins. As they say on the internet "don't feed the troll."

I agree with this statement 100%, but just sitting there and having that forced down my throat as I waited for my car...I just couldn't believe what came out of his mouth. Spegal, just said no one would accept that deal.

So Kaplan said what about Castro and Marmol for both of them.:rolleyes:

He's the suckiest suck of sucks that ever sucked...

kaufsox
08-12-2011, 10:10 AM
I've tried to watch when a media guy I like is on the panel, but Kaplan overrides everyone with absolute nonsense and it's just unwatchable.

PatK
08-12-2011, 03:01 PM

But there's a difference between a troll and Kaplan.

Trolls aren't being serious.

PalehosePlanet
08-12-2011, 04:09 PM
I've tried to watch when a media guy I like is on the panel, but Kaplan overrides everyone with absolute nonsense and it's just unwatchable.

He's an insufferable douche bag. Just watching him make a complete ass of himself earlier in the year by parading around in a Cubs Pujols jersey is all one needs to know about where this little man is mentally. That's something a 10 year would do.

Would any Sox fan, much less a member of the media, even consider having/wearing a Sox Verlander jersey, if he were in the last year of his contact w/the Tigers?

$100 says he also has a Cubs Jersey with Kaplan and the number 1 on the back.

SOXPHILE
08-14-2011, 09:30 AM

If he's interviewing Thomas for his Hall of Fame induction, he would actually bring up Ron Santo too, and how he should now get into the Hall. He actually did this the other day. They were talking about the basketball Hall of Fame inductions that just took place, and were discussing Tex Winter. Jason Goff said that it's kind of a shame, because Winter should have been in much sooner, and now, only when he is in very poor health does he get put in. Kaplan immediately jumps in with "It's like with Ron Santo now...." which had absolutely NOTHING to do with what they were talking about. He sucks.

bluedemon45
08-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Its funny as even Cubs fans really don't seem to like him too much. I remember reading something on the Cubs Message board about how he is an idiot and a bad representation of Cubs fans.

What I don't get is why does he still have a job? He isn't a good host for a show because he is so one-sided and really can never see the other persons side of the story. He doesn't interview well. He takes over conversations and he acts like an expert when he really lacks knowledge of the subject.

SoxandtheCityTee
08-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Show's unwatchable because of Kaplan, which is too bad, because sometimes there are other people on there that I wouldn't mind hearing from. I assume that any sensible Cub fan has just as low an opinion of him. Show business is just a mystery to the rest of us sometimes.

DumpJerry
08-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Its funny as even Cubs fans really don't seem to like him too much. I remember reading something on the Cubs Message board about how he is an idiot and a bad representation of Cubs fans.

What I don't get is why does he still have a job? He isn't a good host for a show because he is so one-sided and really can never see the other persons side of the story. He doesn't interview well. He takes over conversations and he acts like an expert when he really lacks knowledge of the subject.
:moron
Sounds like he needs to learn some manners.