PDA

View Full Version : Oakland a good fit for Durham

HawkDJ
07-12-2002, 09:57 PM
As someone on Baseball Tonight mentioned, Durham would fit perfectly in Oakland. They need a second baseman and someone who can lead off and steal. They are last in baseball in steals.

Who do you think we could get from Oakland for him?

Daver
07-12-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
As someone on Baseball Tonight mentioned, Durham would fit perfectly in Oakland. They need a second baseman and someone who can lead off and steal. They are last in baseball in steals.

Who do you think we could get from Oakland for him?

Nobody,Oakland won't pay him 8 mil a year either.

Jerry_Manuel
07-12-2002, 10:00 PM
Our guy blockhead suggested this trade.

That's all you need to know.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-13-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Our guy blockhead suggested this trade.

That's all you need to know.

I will be surprised if any team (besides maybe the Yankees or Arizona) make trades for a stretch drive to the playoffs. I can't imagine anybody wanting Durham because the price of acquiring him becomes "free" (except for sandwich picks) this fall. His new team has to pay him a fat, new free agent's salary regardless.

This is NOT your typical trading deadline coming up this month. Even if another team did want Durham (a big "if"), don't expect them to pay anything of much value. KW might as well keep Durham and take the sandwich picks when he signs with another team.

Whatever KW gets for Durham is basically the "price" of his services for 2-1/2 months of baseball--most of which probably won't be played. It's worthless.

:KW
"Hey, just look what I got last season for James Baldwin!"

soxtalker
07-13-2002, 11:17 AM
(I put this under the Clayton Traded thread also.)

Joe Cowley of the Daily Southtown reports on interest by the Atlanta Braves in trading SS Rafael Furcal + cash for both Durham and Clayton:

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/131sd2.htm

MattSharp
07-13-2002, 01:37 PM
Dave Cambell also suggested this trade. I don't know Oaklands farm system that well, and we know they aren't gonna give up any of the big 3, so don't expect to get a reliable starter back for him.

mack10zie
07-13-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
Dave Cambell also suggested this trade. I don't know Oaklands farm system that well, and we know they aren't gonna give up any of the big 3, so don't expect to get a reliable starter back for him.

Maybe a guy like Harang...... Don't know if the A's would be willing to do that, but I'd probably do it from our end.