PDA

View Full Version : Friday's WINNING Pick to Click!

PaleHoseGeorge
07-12-2002, 10:32 PM
Why isn't Gary Pettis looking for a new job?

"Don't blame me, I can't run at all!" :walnuts

Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4)

Go Sox!

Jerry_Manuel
07-12-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Didn't Williams put him in that position? Didn't Williams make Gary Ward the hitting coach? Didn't Williams trade for Royce Clayton?

Ah, it's all making sense to me now.

CLR01
07-13-2002, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

"Don't blame me, I can't run at all!" :walnuts

Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4)

Go Sox!

Ahh bull****. The guy goes 1-3, leaves 2 runners on, with a solo shot and he is winning???? Good thing Sammy isnt on the sox or he would be winning all the time. If anyone on offense should get the honors tonight it should be Lee. You might as well throw the primer away.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-13-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by CLR01

Ahh bull****. The guy goes 1-3, leaves 2 runners on, with a solo shot and he is winning???? Good thing Sammy isnt on the sox or he would be winning all the time. If anyone on offense should get the honors tonight it should be Lee. You might as well throw the primer away.

Weeeeeell, not exactly...

First, Ritchie allowed two earned runs, put the Sox in a hole the entire game, and never got through the seventh inning. He also got hung for the loss. That's not nearly enough to qualify as the winning PTC, unless we're talking about a midget contest much shorter than this one.

Lee had the best night with the bat, but he was one of the boneheads who goofed up on the basepaths that ultimately cost the Sox the win. Smart plays in the field and on the basepaths are one of the tie-breakers amongst qualifying position ballplayers. Lee was a loser on this count.

Konerko was the only one to deliver a clutch hit all night. He made no mistakes in the field or on the basepaths, too. If not for him, the Sox are shutout.

Sure, he's a midget, but he's the TALLEST midget.

:gulp: