08-08-2011, 08:48 PM
:hawk
"Hell Yes."

hi im skot
08-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Team sucks, gutless performance, etc.

JB98
Make these guys play on the road the rest of the season. They swing the bats much better away from U.S. Cellular Field.

all*star quentin
No Doubt About It! :gulp:

:)

ChicagoG19
08-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Well we just gotta tip our caps tonight......oh wait, we won!

Zakath
08-08-2011, 08:51 PM
That one felt good, if only to negate the "abandon ship" talk that popped up when we went down 6-5.

Who's #51 and where did they bury Alex Rios?

amsteel
08-08-2011, 08:52 PM

Mentally weak, fire Ozzie, Dunn and Rios are useless, etc.

Actually had Crain stuck in one or two more batters, this one WOULD be on Ozzie.

This is exactly the kind of game they've been losing all year, nice to see the offense win when when the pitching wasn't there.

This has to be the most flummoxing 8 game stretch of the year.

FielderJones
08-08-2011, 08:52 PM

You forgot Walkerball, fool's gold, Rios sucks, and Dunn sucks. :tongue:

PalehosePlanet
08-08-2011, 08:53 PM
A come from behind win? A high scoring win? Yes, on both. Great to see the team fight back after a back breaker of an inning.

Alex with the game winner w/2 out was clutch.

The head scratcher was Ozzie leaving Jesse out there for over 30 pitches when he didn't have his good stuff.

hi im skot
08-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Actually had Crain stuck in one or two more batters, this one WOULD be on Ozzie.

Agreed. I'm still not sure how Crain snuck out of this one with a win.

yazz32
Great comeback win. Really worried about Paulie. He looked in lots of pain running the bases. We need a healthy Paulie for Sept. Could Viciedo be up soon?

voodoochile
Heck of a win. I found myself pretty nervous and excited in the 9th. I haven't had that much energy watching a game in a while but today felt somehow different and yes I know it's just the Orioles, but to go from that hot start to that awful 3-run bomb to a come back win and then Santos nailing down a 1-run save WOOHOO!

Heck of a team effort once again. Nice to see some power again and nice to see Crain bounce back to finish the job after losing the lead and fighting through to allow Thornton and Santos to nail it down.

Not perfect, but then again, the Orioles played great defense and absolutely got every single lucky bounce they could, twice getting men at third with 1-out on nice throws after perfect wall caroms.

Sox gutted it out and kept on keeping on. That's the kind of effort they have to have if they are going to make any kind of noise these last 7 weeks or so...

:soxwin:

:)

:supernana:

CLUBHOUSE KID
08-08-2011, 08:55 PM

Well, they are playing ****ty ass teams.

TaylorStSox
08-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Alex Rios is a dog who doesn't even care. I'm so sick of his lolly gagging. Dunn's okay though. He's trying. :dtroll:

TaylorStSox
08-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Seriously though, winning is fun.

bluedemon45
08-08-2011, 08:57 PM
The Sox are doing what they need to do. Just keep winning. Rios looks to have a completely different attitude at the plate in the field.

TaylorStSox
08-08-2011, 08:58 PM
The Sox are doing what they need to do. Just keep winning. Rios looks to have a completely different attitude at the plate in the field.

Haha. I love it.

asindc
08-08-2011, 08:58 PM
No Jenks, no problem. I've seen enough of Jenks' Baltimore blowups in person to last a lifetime. For that reason, watching Santos nail it down was quite satisfying.:bandance:

asindc
08-08-2011, 09:01 PM

Which they had been losing miserably to earlier the season. I'm feeling good.

As I write this, Nathan has given up two 2-out runs in the 9th to Boston to cough up a tie game.

all*star quentin
08-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Post game on CSN, going to discuss, if Paulie should be put on the DL.

voodoochile
08-08-2011, 09:02 PM

I vote no. He is still hitting.

TDog
08-08-2011, 09:02 PM
When you give John Danks a four-run lead, you should win. When you have a two-run lead going into the bottom of the seventh, you should win. And tonight the Sox won. Despite Danks not being very good. Despite Jesse Crain once again not being very good in relief. It took coming from behind late, and a game-deciding hit by Alex Rios. Suddenly he's playing like he cares.

It is interesting that a game with so many great defensive plays may have been decided on a bad fundamental play on the sacrifice fly that scored the tying run and put the go-ahead run into scoring position (nice move pinch-running Lillibridge there, but I digress). It's interesting because no one works harder on stressing fundamentals than Buck Showalter.

amsteel
08-08-2011, 09:04 PM

I would never want PK to go on the DL, but they way the offense has woken up over the past 4 games, it might not be as detrimental as earlier in the season.

If it means Dayan gets a chance, I'm even more interested.

veeter
08-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Santos is nasty. We fans deserve every win they give us. Keep it going Sox!!

all*star quentin
08-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Melton - tough call, do you want him now or do you want him healthy. Saw him make that turn at 2nd base, he can't put any pressure on it.

Paulie - wants to be in the line up.

Garfein - it has been over a week.

TaylorStSox
08-08-2011, 09:10 PM
It's amazing how people see what they want to see. Rios looks the exact same to me. He just looks like he's more comfortable at the plate. He's giving the same effort. If Rios was dogging it, he wouldn't be the first guy at the top of the steps to congratulate other players. His teammates would have abandoned him long ago and he'd be sitting on the end of the bench by himself. Swisher was a guy who was dogging it and it showed in his relationship to his teammates and coaches. He's made some dumb plays in the outfield, but he's not the first guy to takes his batting struggles out there with him. Let's just be happy that his new mechanics are giving him confidence and the results are showing.

russ99
I would never want PK to go on the DL, but they way the offense has woken up over the past 4 games, it might not be as detrimental as earlier in the season.

I'm torn on this issue.

Playing Paul while obviously injured can't be good, but if we have to lose his bat, let's at least pick when to lose his bat. If he can give us 3 ABs at DH and a day off every few days, it may be worth it.

Paul has said that if it's not getting better by the end of the Baltimore series as the Sox doctors have told him, he'll have the nerve MRI. So we'll see then.

IMO, keep Dayan in AAA until we're out of it or Sept. 1st, whichever comes first. We're only talking 3 weeks at most, and every day he faces AAA pitching, the better he will be for the Sox next year.

Brian26

Hasn't stopped the Sox from stinkin' up the joint before. A win is a win.

DickAllen72
08-08-2011, 09:12 PM

Viciedo is now batting under .300 and has been in a funk since his thumb has been sore. I'd hate for him to have to come up now of all times. Too bad we couldn't see him with the big club when he was on fire before his thumb started to bother him.

GoGoCrede
08-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Well this is fun!

ElevenUp
08-08-2011, 09:13 PM

Excellent point. Paulie has meant everything for this team this year, but seeing him "run" to third on TCQ's double was painful.

Lip Man 1
08-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Taylor:

Before we say anything with certitude one way or another with Rios lets give it a few more games.

He's dogged it in the field and on the bases to say nothing of hitting poorly for four months...a few days isn't a large enough sample for me.

Ahhh the dream of getting back to and maybe even getting over the .500 mark.

7th game this year the Sox have rallied to win when trailing in the 7th inning or later. (They've lost 10 games the same way- leading in the 7th or later.)

16-16 in one run games.

Lip

hi im skot
08-08-2011, 09:14 PM
It's amazing how people see what they want to see. Rios looks the exact same to me. He just looks like he's more comfortable at the plate. He's giving the same effort. If Rios was dogging it, he wouldn't be the first guy at the top of the steps to congratulate other players. His teammates would have abandoned him long ago and he'd be sitting on the end of the bench by himself. Swisher was a guy who was dogging it and it showed in his relationship to his teammates and coaches. He's made some dumb plays in the outfield, but he's not the first guy to takes his batting struggles out there with him. Let's just be happy that his new mechanics are giving him confidence and the results are showing.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/679132/rios0807.jpg

Photo source/further reading (http://www.southsidesox.com/2011/8/7/2349251/rios-gives-a-different-look).

asindc
08-08-2011, 09:18 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/679132/rios0807.jpg

Photo source/further reading (http://www.southsidesox.com/2011/8/7/2349251/rios-gives-a-different-look).

Even the Baltimore announcers mentioned that Rios has brought his hands up lately.

bluedemon45
08-08-2011, 09:18 PM

You start your post by saying "he looks the exact same to me" then you say "he's more comfortable at the plate" you finish with "lets just be happy that his new mechanics are giving him confidence."

Sounds like he doesn't look the same as he did before.

Nelfox02
08-08-2011, 09:20 PM
well, I wont lie I figured game over a soon as Crain gave up the long one.....but not only do we come back and tie it, but Rios makes them pay for a bad throw with a solid base hit?

5 out.....still clinging to hope.

Poor night for Danks, but the offense owes him a few

Hope PK does not have to do a DL stint, really hope he did not get any nerve damage.....

TaylorStSox
08-08-2011, 09:30 PM
I thought it was pretty obvious that I was referring to his demeanor. Everyone knows he's holding his hands higher, thus his new mechanics.

This "looks like cares" is a load of crap to me. He looks more confident, but he carries himself the same way. It's not like he's trying harder. He looks the same in the field. He has a long gait and runs smoothly. He never looks like he's running all out. Some would say he runs gracefully. Apparently others think he isn't trying.

I think he's made some really dumb plays in the field. I think he dogged it during one play earlier in the year. I think it was in Colorado. It was the same game that Lilly dogged it and literally lost the game. I don't have a problem with his effort. I care about the results. I hope he continues to hit the ball well. I'm happy for him and hope Dunn follows suit.

PalehosePlanet
08-08-2011, 09:52 PM
I thought it was pretty obvious that I was referring to his demeanor. Everyone knows he's holding his hands higher, thus his new mechanics.

This "looks like cares" is a load of crap to me. He looks more confident, but he carries himself the same way. It's not like he's trying harder. He looks the same in the field. He has a long gait and runs smoothly. He never looks like he's running all out. Some would say he runs gracefully. Apparently others think he isn't trying.

I think he's made some really dumb plays in the field. I think he dogged it during one play earlier in the year. I think it was in Colorado. It was the same game that Lilly dogged it and literally lost the game. I don't have a problem with his effort. I care about the results. I hope he continues to hit the ball well. I'm happy for him and hope Dunn follows suit.

Excellent points.

As much as I've been pissed at Alex all year, I'll never question his, or any player's motivation. The whole this guy doesn't care if he sucks, all he cares about is his paycheck bull**** is just wrong.

A lot of posters will disagree, I'm sure, but that's my opinion.

Dan H
08-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Hasn't stopped the Sox from stinkin' up the joint before. A win is a win.

We'd really be angry if they were losing to sub-.500 teams so I am happy with the streak. Trouble is, the White Sox are still under .500.

Regarding Konerko - I know he's a determined guy who wants to be in the lineup but I remember 2008. His thumb was bothering him, he had some real pathetic at-bats and by early August was hitting in the .190's. Only in the last few weeks did he put it together. There has to be some common sense here.

hi im skot
08-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Excellent points.

As much as I've been pissed at Alex all year, I'll never question his, or any player's motivation. The whole this guy doesn't care if he sucks, all he cares about is his paycheck bull**** is just wrong.

A lot of posters will disagree, I'm sure, but that's my opinion.

1. Rios has dogged it in the field, to the point where even Ozzie was disgusted enough to pull him from the game. He's guilty of half-assing it on other occasions as well.

2. Ever seen Rios bust it down the line on a ground ball? Me either.

3. Rios has a history of this. You think Toronto fans boo him because they miss him and his fat contract?

Despite all of this, I'd really like to see Rios succeed. Sure, he's on the Sox, and I want everyone on my team to do well, but even with his flaws, there are parts of his game I like.

Maybe Rios has something going on in his personal life? Maybe he's just a guy who needs to be called out every once in awhile? Who knows, but as long as he's with the Sox, I want him to do well. It'd be great if this was a start.

gosox41
08-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Matches the season high

Time to bust through it and run up a real win streak. What I see now is something that seems to have been missing from this team since the 11th game of the season (I'm sure there were some exceptions in there.)

Bob

hi im skot
08-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Totally unrelated, does anyone else just love watching Lillibridge play first base? For the comedic value, I mean.

He hasn't embarrassed himself there yet, but man, seeing him instead of Konerko or Dunn just cracks me up.

Foulke You
08-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Totally unrelated, does anyone else just love watching Lillibridge play first base? For the comedic value, I mean.

He hasn't embarrassed himself there yet, but man, seeing him instead of Konerko or Dunn just cracks me up.
He must be the shortest Sox 1B I've ever seen. :cool:

Zisk77
08-08-2011, 10:59 PM

His ears screw up his balance making him look awkward...and like he has satelite dishes on the sides of his head.:redneck

Noneck
08-08-2011, 11:05 PM

You must have missed the game when Omar filled in at 1st.

ShooterMcGavin
08-08-2011, 11:06 PM
It's hard to believe the team's longest winning streak is 4 games. After four months of baseball, I'd think it would be longer. Even the Cubs ran off 7 in a row.

Oh well, win tomorrow and stretch it to 5.

thomas35forever
08-08-2011, 11:13 PM
I swear this team is going to be the death of me. Wish it didn't have to get so interesting, but to not make it so would be asking too much of this team.

Tonight's game was the season so far in a nutshell: start off well, give back momentum, get some more back, dig into a hole seemingly impossible to get out of and play well in the end. You want a game to define the 2011 White Sox? This was it.

slavko
08-08-2011, 11:14 PM

Same size as Mike Squires, but Mike was a great glove at 1B.

hawkjt
08-08-2011, 11:15 PM
This felt like a season-saver,almost. Losing after having an early 4 run lead vs the O's would have been devastating. Thankfully, PK led off the 8th with a walk to get them going. PK had a walk and a ground rule double...hard to DL him. I know,he cannot run a lick now,but he seems to be hitting ok,so I say keep him at DH and hope it gets better.

AJ and Alex had big nites,along with Gordo going deep!
Please let this be the week the Sox bats just get red hot vs a bad pitching team like the O's,then keeps that new found confidence in the home stand this weekend and next week vs KC, Tribe and Rangers.

We've been saying it all year,but it remains operative...a hot two weeks and the Sox could be right there. Tigers at Tribe for three this week...go Tribe! I would love to go into Sept with all three teams basically tied up,with many games vs each other determining the outcome.

Ozzie must be trying to baby the relievers lately,as he goes deep with Sale and Crain,to avoid using Frasor,Thornton, Stewart...not sure what the method to the madness is,but I suspect that Ozzie is trying to limit the number of appearances by having relievers go multiple innings to try to get to Sept with the freshest bullpen in the division.

Whatever....just win.

TDog
08-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Same size as Mike Squires, but Mike was a great glove at 1B.

Mike Squires was good enough defensively that he won a Gold Glove in a season where he didn't hit any home runs and hit just .265. Not that offense matters, but you have to be pretty good at first base if opposing managers and coaches remember you when you pretty much with such offensive numbers.

Squires was listed at 5-11, as is Lillibridge.

Squires (who caught at least one game in his career, which is noteworthy because he threw left handed) pretty much his job to Greg Walker. I saw Squires at a Sox game a few years ago. I think he was scouting for the Cardinals.

slavko
08-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Mike Squires was good enough defensively that he won a Gold Glove in a season where he didn't hit any home runs and hit just .265. Not that offense matters, but you have to be pretty good at first base if opposing managers and coaches remember you when you pretty much with such offensive numbers.

Squires was listed at 5-11, as is Lillibridge.

Squires (who caught at least one game in his career, which is noteworthy because he threw left handed) pretty much his job to Greg Walker. I saw Squires at a Sox game a few years ago. I think he was scouting for the Cardinals.

(C'mon) Timo Perez cost us a game there in 2005. Smaller than either Squires or Lillibridge.

soxfanreggie
08-08-2011, 11:52 PM
We're 32-26 away from the Cell - normally when you play like that, you're talking doing well in your division. If we could play .500 ball at home, I'd venture us being a playoff team this year. Can we move our upcoming 9-game homestand where we have 3 crucial games versus Cleveland in there (yes, every game is important, but high focus on those 3) to being on the road? Heck, even playing in Milwaukee could help us.

kittle42
08-09-2011, 12:54 AM
I hate to be the voice of reason, but 4-4 in their last 8 is about right.

cards press box
08-09-2011, 01:34 AM

I don't know. With the addition of Zach Stewart as a sixth starter/long reliever, the starting pitching should be fresher and stronger. With Jake Peavy's performance on Sunday and John Danks' performance last night, that may be what's happening. Right now, I'm optimistic. And, in any event, it's always good to say:

:winner

BainesHOF
08-09-2011, 01:59 AM
Some of you can defend Rios all you want, but he's dogged it plenty this season. There's been at least a half dozen times when it's been embarrassingly blatant. I was in shock to see him run hard to first base and in the field tonight.

doublem23
08-09-2011, 02:31 AM
Some of you can defend Rios all you want, but he's dogged it plenty this season. There's been at least a half dozen times when it's been embarrassingly blatant. I was in shock to see him run hard to first base and in the field tonight.

Maybe a quasi-benching got through to him.

Zakath
08-09-2011, 05:28 AM

Whatever lit a fire under his ass, it worked.

Someone needs to keep that in their back pocket for the next time.

kufram
08-09-2011, 05:58 AM
When a player that has been hurting you starts helping you, the best thing to do is make as much or more positive noise for him now as you did negative noise before.

I'm more than willing to forget what's happened up until now if Rios is able to help the team NOW. We don't know what's behind his bad play and I'm not going to play amateur psychologist. I'm just going to hope he keeps it up because that is what we need.

October26
08-09-2011, 07:22 AM
Rollercoaster win for the Sox last night against the Orioles but I'll take it. I was disappointed with Crain after Hardy hit the 3 run homer to give the O's the lead. Still, I kept hoping the Sox would rally and they did. Great comeback win!

Watching the highlights on Comcast this morning, I noticed that after Quentin scored the go-ahead run in the 8th, he turned around and looked towards 1st base and was clapping and applauding Rios for getting what turned out to be the game-winning hit. I really like to see teammates encouraging each other. :bandance:

I am worried about:
* Paulie's knee/calf. I hope there is no nerve damage.
* Jesse's arm. I fear it may just fall off. Yikes!
* Adam's eyes. Is there something wrong with his vision because he's missing pitches which are right down the middle of the plate?

Anyway, here's hoping that the Sox keep winning games. Go Sox!

tstrike2000
08-09-2011, 07:57 AM
Whatever lit a fire under his ass, it worked.

Someone needs to keep that in their back pocket for the next time.

Him getting benched in favor of De Aza should be enough. Whatever it is, just ride the wave as long as we can since his bat is needed and overdue.

asindc
08-09-2011, 07:59 AM

It seems that this 4-4 stretch is different from the other 4-4 stretches this year in these ways:

1) Dunn and (especially Rios) are starting to produce runs;

2) The entire lineup seems to be swinging the bat with authority and purpose;

3) Getting very good contributions from the bench ('Bridge and De Aza) and from recent pickups (Frazor and Stewart);

4) The recent offensive firepower has to be a relief to the pitching staff. If this keeps up, they now know that they don't have to pitch close to perfection each time out; and

5) They beat Minny down without much of a problem, in Minny of all places!

amsteel
08-09-2011, 07:59 AM
It seems the weekly outpouring of cautious optimism abounds, but like a spurned girlfriend, I am wholly expecting them to reach .500 (or one over!) and then take a **** at home this weekend against KC.

HOWEVER, the pitching has been tight lately, and when it hasn't the offense has pulled through. Rios seems to be coming around, so maybe we avoid the home woes this weekend and go on a run. 5 out with 48 to go is not too much, but at this point I just want the last 1/4 of the season to be fun.

doublem23
08-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Rollercoaster win for the Sox last night against the Orioles but I'll take it. I was disappointed with Crain after Hardy hit the 3 run homer to give the O's the lead. Still, I kept hoping the Sox would rally and they did.

I think that was a nice pitch that Crain threw to Hardy that he hit for the HR, high and tight, Hardy just got his hands in and really got the bat around to line it just far enough over the LF wall, but it's not like he left a hanging breaking ball over the heart of the plate. The real disappointment of that inning was the dumbass Brent Morel error. You can't let that ball get away.

Chez
08-09-2011, 08:39 AM
I think that was a nice pitch that Crain threw to Hardy that he hit for the HR, high and tight, Hardy just got his hands in and really got the bat around to line it just far enough over the LF wall, but it's not like he left a hanging breaking ball over the heart of the plate. The real disappointment of that inning was the dumbass Brent Morel error. You can't let that ball get away.

You're right about the pitch Hardy hit; but Crain had been up in the zone all night before the HR. He just didn't have it last night. And Morel's error was bad. Swipe tag was in order.

asindc
08-09-2011, 08:41 AM
You're right about the pitch Hardy hit; but Crain had been up in the zone all night before the HR. He just didn't have it last night. And Morel's error was bad. Swipe tag was in order.

Morel just got lazy on that play. He could have stepped towards Wieters and tagged him well before he got to the bag. Rookie mistake. Good thing for him the Sox rallied over the top of it.

doublem23
08-09-2011, 08:42 AM
You're right about the pitch Hardy hit; but Crain had been up in the zone all night before the HR.

The HR was only the 4th pitch he threw last night.

Chez
08-09-2011, 08:48 AM
The HR was only the 4th pitch he threw last night.

You're right. My bad. But he was up in the zone following the HR. I worry about Crain. He's been so good this season but I think his heavy workload might be catching up with him. The Sox bullpen melted down in August last season. Can't afford a repeat.

doublem23
08-09-2011, 08:50 AM
You're right. My bad. But he was up in the zone following the HR. I worry about Crain. He's been so good this season but I think his heavy workload might be catching up with him. The Sox bullpen melted down in August last season. Can't afford a repeat.

Definitely, I wish Frasor didn't suck so much early on. 6-man rotation has definitely helped Buehrle, Peavy, etc. stay sharper longer but its taken a toll on the bullpen as we've only had 1 reliable right-handed middle reliever since Sergio took over the closer role.

hawkjt
08-09-2011, 09:04 AM
Has Frasor sucked? I was out of town for the Boston series,so I must have missed something. I loved what I saw from Frasor vs Minny on Saturday nite....3 pitch strikeout in a tight spot in the 8th...only faced one guy but got them out of the inning with three low,inside fastballs on the corner that were unhittable. Does Coop not trust him?

asindc
08-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Has Frasor sucked? I was out of town for the Boston series,so I must have missed something. I loved what I saw from Frasor vs Minny on Saturday nite....3 pitch strikeout in a tight spot in the 8th...only faced one guy but got them out of the inning with three low,inside fastballs on the corner that were unhittable. Does Coop not trust him?

I have the same question. I don't recall Frasor being anything but effective since he got here.

FielderJones
08-09-2011, 09:23 AM
I have the same question. I don't recall Frasor being anything but effective since he got here.

Had some problems (http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/players/player/gamelogs/2011/448928) against Boston and New York, but then the whole team did as well.

hawkjt
08-09-2011, 09:54 AM
yes, Frasor had two not so good appearances vs Boston and the Yanks,with two good apprearances vs Boston and Minny.

I am writing off all of our pitchers appearances vs the Yanks...they were unconscious.
I still think Frasor will be solid for the Sox the rest of the way.

Also should note that Juan Pierre has hit safely in 26 of his last 27 games....nice job,Juan!

voodoochile
08-09-2011, 11:28 AM

And maybe his turf toe is finally better with some extra rest...

Who knows?

:dunno:

pudge
08-09-2011, 12:01 PM
Not to rain on everyone's parade, but if the O's had even a moderately capable third baseman who wouldn't let every ball hit to his left go under his glove, Sox lose this game easily. Not to mention a horrible throw on a sac fly put another runner in scoring position who wound up scoring. This was just a horrid fundamental game by the O's.

Still, a four game streak is a four game streak.

jdm2662
08-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Not to rain on everyone's parade, but if the O's had even a moderately capable third baseman who wouldn't let every ball hit to his left go under his glove, Sox lose this game easily. Not to mention a horrible throw on a sac fly put another runner in scoring position who wound up scoring. This was just a horrid fundamental game by the O's.

Minnesota was very generous in their series, too. Most bad teams are. If the Sox actually beat these crappy teams more often, they can afford a terrible week against the two best teams in the AL.

kufram
08-09-2011, 12:25 PM

I don't care how we get wins. I just want wins. Sometimes you make your own luck.

voodoochile
08-09-2011, 08:20 PM

For someone not trying to rain on the parade you are doing a piss poor job of not pissing on the parade.

You can play this kind of game all day and night. If the O's don't get near two perfect bounces off the wall and execute two near perfect relays, the Sox win easily...

As others have said, trying to figure out the team and the season is impossible. Just sit back, enjoy the wins and see what happens.