PDA

View Full Version : Detroit TV on the Big Skirt

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-12-2002, 08:42 PM
They brought up a really interesting point on the Big Skirt. They showed how back in the early 90's when he could hit he leaned into the pitch and was able to reach most anything. Nowadays, he swings while he's back on his heels & makes weak contact every time if he makes contact at all.

Memo to the skirt: WATCH SOME FILM WHY DON'T YA!!!!

Chisox_cali
07-12-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
They brought up a really interesting point on the Big Skirt. They showed how back in the early 90's when he could hit he leaned into the pitch and was able to reach most anything. Nowadays, he swings while he's back on his heels & makes weak contact every time if he makes contact at all.

Memo to the skirt: WATCH SOME FILM WHY DON'T YA!!!!

I saw that too, they showed the same thing yesterday. It was Wimpy who was doing all the analyzing on Frank.

Jerry_Manuel
07-12-2002, 08:48 PM
He needs to go talk to Hriniak. Frank said he wouldn't, so this is the Frank we have.

TornLabrum
07-12-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
He needs to go talk to Hriniak. Frank said he wouldn't, so this is the Frank we have.

And he and Gary Ward aren't speaking? Or is it that Gary Ward doesn't see it either? :?:

Daver
07-12-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

And he and Gary Ward aren't speaking? Or is it that Gary Ward doesn't see it either? :?:

Gary Ward deserves a job about as much as Gary Pettis does.

:von

HAHAHAHAHA..........

RKMeibalane
07-12-2002, 10:56 PM
Ward doesn't see it.

:reinsy

"As I've told you before, if the fans come to the ballpark, we will purchase a VCR for Frank."

Jerry_Manuel
07-12-2002, 10:56 PM

Of course I'm not in the clubhouse so I have no idea. Frank seems like the type of guy that wants to solve this either with Walt, or on his own. I would assume he's working with Ward, but tuning him out at the same time.

RKMeibalane
07-12-2002, 11:00 PM

Of course I'm not in the clubhouse so I have no idea. Frank seems like the type of guy that wants to solve this either with Walt, or on his own. I would assume he's working with Ward, but tuning him out at the same time.

You could be right. Back in 1999, someone in the Sox organization suggested that Frank work with Von Joshua to correct a flaw in his swing. They worked together a whopping total of one time. Afterwards, someone told Frank that Von had several things he wanted Frank to try. Thomas' response was, "Good for Von."

TornLabrum
07-12-2002, 11:02 PM

We can see how well Frank's working things out on his own is going. Maybe Manuel should bench him until he listens if that's the problem. :?:

Jerry_Manuel
07-12-2002, 11:03 PM
Maybe Manuel should bench him until he listens if that's the problem. :?:

Not a bad idea, what's the chairman going to say?

TornLabrum
07-12-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

You could be right. Back in 1999, someone in the Sox organization suggested that Frank work with Von Joshua to correct a flaw in his swing. They worked together a whopping total of one time. Afterwards, someone told Frank that Von had several things he wanted Frank to try. Thomas' response was, "Good for Von."

The only thing worse than a stupid idiot is a stupid idiot with a big fat ego. :angry:

RKMeibalane
07-12-2002, 11:07 PM

The only thing worse than a stupid idiot is a stupid idiot with a big fat ego. :angry:

And the only thing worse than a stupid idiot with a big ego is two stupid idiots with big egos.

:hitless

"Hey, Frank. Let's go over to Walmart and slash people's tires."

:hurt

"Yeah. Hehehe! That would be cool."

Spiff
07-13-2002, 10:38 AM
I've been saying all along that he pulls his shoulder out and everything goes to hell from there.