PDA

View Full Version : FROM yahoo! sports on Jimenez trade


TheBigHurt
07-12-2002, 07:35 PM
FROM Yahoo! Sports:

News
The Chicago White Sox acquired infielder D'Angelo Jimenez from the Padres today in excahnge for minor league outfielder Alex Fernandez and catcher Humberto Quintero. Jimenez was batting .240 with three home runs and 33 RBI this year and the White Sox immediately sent him to Triple-A Charlotte.

Views
The 21-year-old Fernandez had emerged as one of the Sox' better prospects over the first half, and was hitting .292 with seven home runs and 52 RBI for Double-A Birmingham. He was recently named the MVP of the Southern League All-Star Game and also won their home run derby. Why the Sox would trade him away for what amounts to depth at shortstop is a little puzzling.

Jerry_Manuel
07-12-2002, 07:40 PM
1. Sox have a ton of outfielders
2. Sox have just about zero depth when it comes to SS and 2nd
3. Piss on Yahoo!

:)

MisterB
07-12-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
The 21-year-old Fernandez had emerged as one of the Sox' better prospects over the first half, and was hitting .292 with seven home runs and 52 RBI for Double-A Birmingham. He was recently named the MVP of the Southern League All-Star Game and also won their home run derby. Why the Sox would trade him away for what amounts to depth at shortstop is a little puzzling.

How about 8 walks (including 2 intentional) vs. 343 AB's. You just can't get to the majors with that bad of a batting eye.

kermittheefrog
07-12-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by MisterB


How about 8 walks (including 2 intentional) vs. 343 AB's. You just can't get to the majors with that bad of a batting eye.

PREACH IT!

soxtalker
07-12-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by MisterB


How about 8 walks (including 2 intentional) vs. 343 AB's. You just can't get to the majors with that bad of a batting eye.

On the other hand, maybe the Yahoo people looked at KW's past record on trading away young talent and figured that he might have missed something.

Daver
07-12-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by soxtalker


On the other hand, maybe the Yahoo people looked at KW's past record on trading away young talent and figured that he might have missed something.

Ummm,no,he traded away two career minor leaguers for a marginal MLB utility guy that may have an upside.

duke of dorwood
07-12-2002, 09:52 PM
Daver 1

Yahoo 0

baggio202
07-13-2002, 04:25 PM
dont you guys realize by now that no matter what move williams makes it will blow up in his face....if he doesnt make the trade jiminez goes on to be a stud and fenandez never sees the majors....now that he made the trade jiminez will be out of baseball in 2 years and fernandez will probably become an all star...just the way it works with williams..

Daver
07-13-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
dont you guys realize by now that no matter what move williams makes it will blow up in his face....if he doesnt make the trade jiminez goes on to be a stud and fenandez never sees the majors....now that he made the trade jiminez will be out of baseball in 2 years and fernandez will probably become an all star...just the way it works with williams..

Find something new to complain about.

Tragg
07-13-2002, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by MisterB


How about 8 walks (including 2 intentional) vs. 343 AB's. You just can't get to the majors with that bad of a batting eye.

Unless you're name is sandy alomar. He has only 2 walks.

baggio202
07-13-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Tragg


Unless you're name is sandy alomar. He has only 2 walks.

or randall simon..who has like 6 and 4 are intentional

doublem23
07-13-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by daver


Ummm,no,he traded away two career minor leaguers for a marginal MLB utility guy that may have an upside.

Hell yeah, wasn't Jiminez one of the better Yankee prospects like last year?

Daver
07-13-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by doublem23


Hell yeah, wasn't Jiminez one of the better Yankee prospects like last year?

Three years ago,before his car accident.

doublem23
07-13-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by daver


Find something new to complain about.

Nah, this will never, ever get old.

doublem23
07-13-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by daver


Three years ago,before his car accident.

Pete Ward?

Daver
07-13-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by doublem23


Pete Ward?

Well supposedly he recovered fully,but he needs to improve his defense and his eye a bunch to be a starting SS at the MLB level.

doublem23
07-13-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by daver


Well supposedly he recovered fully,but he needs to improve his defense and his eye a bunch to be a starting SS at the MLB level.

Well, it's not like he's got much competition with the guys we're running out there as is.

:hitless
Man, do I suck. I mean, really. How much do I suck? Be honest now.

Daver
07-13-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by doublem23


Well, it's not like he's got much competition with the guys we're running out there as is.

:hitless
Man, do I suck. I mean, really. How much do I suck? Be honest now.

The Sox have Dallearo waiting in the wings,why worry?