PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Let's Close Up Shop Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
08-04-2011, 10:55 PM
What it says.

DirtySox
08-04-2011, 10:55 PM
The White Sox went the entire 4 game series without drawing a walk. Pitiful.

Boondock Saint
08-04-2011, 10:58 PM

At least we're finding creative and new ways to suck at baseball.

guillensdisciple
08-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Definitely the proudest moment I have had as a Sox fan.

Woofer
08-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Somebody in another thread said that as soon as the trading deadline passed, the Sox would lose 6 straight. I had a sinking feeling they they would be right. Losing Konerko didn't help, but this team flat out sucks, and I'm sick of watching it.

LongLiveFisk
6-game losing streak? :stars:

SI1020
The White Sox went the entire 4 game series without drawing a walk. Pitiful. Walkerball at its finest. Hawk went to great lengths tonight to support him and all the hard work he does. The hitters are just dumb and somehow forget his wisdom.

tstrike2000

Never thought I'd see that from an MLB club. The 2011 White Sox always prove me wrong.

Viva Medias B's
08-04-2011, 11:00 PM
And now we go up to Minnesota. :shakehead:

arKnaD7
08-04-2011, 11:01 PM

Something has to change....right?

VMSNS
It's not really surprising that this team is losing so much after the trade deadline. Numerous people here predicted this is exactly what would happen.

Whatever, though. Fire everyone. Who gives a flying ****.

thomas35forever
I watched each and every bit of this series. Someone give me a goddamn purple heart. Hell, how about four of 'em?

Domeshot17
This team is just pathetic. They have completely quit. Ozzie just has no idea how to get them to play hard. Its unwatchable.

Viva Medias B's
08-04-2011, 11:02 PM
If this does not prove to JR that a complete overhaul is needed, nothing will.

Soxman219
08-04-2011, 11:04 PM
All in? I'm folding.

Viva Medias B's
08-04-2011, 11:09 PM
I wonder if we should hire Pat Gillick before the Cubs do.

RCWHITESOX
08-04-2011, 11:12 PM
All in? I'm folding.

What a bunch of quitters. It should be interesting to see what the Sox do in the off season. I see a major overhaul; starting with the manager and hopefully Williams as well. Just a total disappointment.

guillensdisciple
08-04-2011, 11:13 PM
What is all in?

It is a life style.

SoxSpeed22
08-04-2011, 11:14 PM
bleh

kittle42
08-04-2011, 11:16 PM
I haven't watched one minute of a game since the trade deadline and I really don't see any reason to watch another game this season, especially in person. I have tickets to four more games and will be selling or giving away three. The other is the backend of the crosstown doubleheader on the 19th. That, I'll go to, as it has become a tradition with my friends, but I'll be wearing neutral gear to both parks. Rooting for this team is embarrassing.

BleacherBandit
08-04-2011, 11:18 PM
*Blow it up!* Oh, wait.

Seriously, there will be no personnel change for the rest of the season. What does that mean? We will continue to lose this way for the rest of the season. The trade deadline has passed, and I seriously doubt they'll fire KW or Ozzie or Walker before the off-season. See you in February.

Lip Man 1
Well might as well bring up some kids and see what they can do, this one is done (although you could have made a case dropping 11 under by mid-May for all intents and purposes finished the season before it really got going...)

57th time in 110 games they've scored three runs or less (52%)

And that's so White Sox to fall apart right after the trade deadline. Now Kenny is really screwed with these stiffs.

Bleacher...at least if they keep losing they'll get a high draft pick next June!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh........wait.

Lip

MikeW
This is real depressing,especially since I live in Yankee country and have to listen to all the negative stuff from the Yankee fans. At least Rios didn't play.

DickAllen72
Can KW please fire Ozzie now, Jerry???

slavko
If this does not prove to JR that a complete overhaul is needed, nothing will.

And the man to do it is Kenny Williams. No? Rick Hahn. No? Jim Hendry will be available? No. Us? No. Nancy Faust? No. Johann Georg Faust, the model for the opera character in Faust who makes a deal with the devil? We're getting close. Only the devil can rid us of the Three Untradeables and create a farm system out of thin air. Do it JR!

DickAllen72
08-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Walkerball at its finest. Hawk went to great lengths tonight to support him and all the hard work he does. The hitters are just dumb and somehow forget his wisdom.
Walker should have been fired years ago.

thomas35forever
08-04-2011, 11:21 PM
Well might as well bring up some kids and see what they can do, this one is done (although you could have made a case dropping 11 under by mid-May for all intents and purposes finished the season before it really got going...)

57th time in 110 games they've scored three runs or less (52%)

And that's so White Sox to fall apart right after the trade deadline. Now Kenny is really screwed with these stiffs.

Bleacher...at least if they keep losing they'll get a high draft pick next June!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh........wait.

Lip
The trade deadline passed and everything that could go wrong has. We can't go forward and we can't go back. We're stuck watching this free fall and unless something dramatic happens in the near future (and that could be anything, not necessarily a long winning streak), I see little reason to be optimistic going forward. Stubbornness usually doesn't do you any good and we're seeing the results unfold before our eyes.

Foreignsox
08-04-2011, 11:29 PM
The old old white soxes no good, we need more new white soxes in order to make more good mood food like arby's. I want to win pennant! 6.5 games back is nothing if we come together and win!

thomas35forever
08-04-2011, 11:30 PM
The old old white soxes no good, we need more new white soxes in order to make more good mood food like arby's. I want to win pennant! 6.5 games back is nothing if we come together and win!
Uh, welcome?

Gavin
08-04-2011, 11:31 PM
hey brooks la la la

any other team we should follow or should we close it up till march?

Lip Man 1
08-04-2011, 11:31 PM
"The old old white soxes no good, we need more new white soxes in order to make more good mood food like arby's. I want to win pennant! 6.5 games back is nothing if we come together and win!"

:?::?::?:

Drinking and typing don't mix.

Lip

Tragg
08-04-2011, 11:32 PM

Stunning statistic...Obviously more than coincidence...

Foreignsox
08-04-2011, 11:36 PM
I am so tired of the losing, so much negativety floats around it is like the billy goat of the cubs. We do not need to be so down that we become like cubs. Win tommorow and after that and we will be where we need to be.

Crooked Number
08-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Most ballclubs would look at these facts and consider letting the manager go:

Since '07 Sox record in August is something like 53-68 (Hawk mentioned it tonight), which is the third worst August winning percentage in the AL
6 days ago, this team was poised to make their run, reaching .500 for the third (i think) time, 3 games out. Now look at them
6 game losing streak, basically out of the race - during which the worst loss of the season occurs, which ironically, the team produced enough runs to win most of the other five they lost.
The manager inexplicably leaves in Alex Rios and continues to bat Dunn 4th.

The list is endless. The stats and play on the field are blindingly obvious. Yet, almost as pure torture, the franchise continues to stand pat. The front office continues to play their instruments on the deck of the Titanic, even though it's already under water. I have never seen anything like it. If this last stretch of ball doesn't warrant any, any kind of decisions, like *gasp* letting someone go, then man I wish I worked for the Sox.

I'm sick and tired of excuses. After what has occured I don't think many would be opposed to a complete overhaul. By the way, I really enjoyed seeing De Aza, whaddya know, the kid has infused some kind of energy into the lineup. Got another hit, plays good CF, he hit the cutoff man. Too bad we aren't seeing another exciting player like Dayan. Just can't find him at bats folks.

Wouldn't it be nice to see a thread pop up that says "Walker Gone" or "Ozzie Let Go, Interim Replacement ___" or something like that? That would mean something actually happened. Until then, keeping with the Titanic analogy, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Now we are going to see how fast this puppy can sink. Could be looking at a 9 game losing streak and heading for last place. I'm sure for alot of fans that could be a god send, maybe changes will be expidited quicker then.

"Hold on to your butts"

chaotic8512
08-04-2011, 11:41 PM
I love the Sox and always will, but...

:anon:

Time for a good, old-fashioned rant. I know it's been said literally hundreds of times in the past few months by dozens of knowledgeable posters on this board, a group who I consider some of the most knowledgeable baseball fans out there. Not that any of the White Sox brass who read this site really care what we fans think -- it's clear by the lack of change for the past 3-5 years -- but for the love of God, make some meaningful change. As it stands, we're ****ing sick of this team.

It doesn't have to be said anymore how bad of an influence Greg Walker is on this team. The number of failure stories far, far outweigh his success stories... and that was before this year started, which has been an unmitigated disaster on offense. Four straight games without a walk (26/0 K/BB)? As big a statistical geek as I am, I don't want to know how unlikely that is to happen. It would just piss me off even more. Against the likes of Ivan Nova and Phil Hughes? Granted, just firing him is not going to right the ship, but why the hell keep him? A real hitting coach would notice that, at the latest, after game 1 and... you know... COACH.
Good job starting De Aza. Now keep Rios on the bench... for the remainder of the damned season. Unless he's playing injured or has serious off-the-field issues (in which case, he shouldn't be playing anyway), there is no excuse for some of the boneheaded miscues he's shown since his arrival. I probably speak for at least half of the fanbase when I say he's a complete joke and doesn't deserve to wear the silver and black. Of course, this would be apparent to any other manager. With that being said...
Let Ozzie go. We need a guy known for making smart decisions in the dugout, not a guy known for delivering great sound bytes before and after games. Whoo-hoo! (Sorry, just celebrating the fact Ozzie said something edgy! Saying ****, ****ing, and ******* during interviews will DEFINITELY get us over the hump!)
I'd be honestly happy with just one of these. Any fan with reasonable expectations would want all three, but knowing how committed this organization is to the status quo, I'm not going to be greedy.

For you brave souls who endured this whole series (thomas35, lookin' your way), kudos. But I've already seen how this one ends. I'd be ecstatic to eat my words later, but let's face it, this team is done. Here's hoping for a very eventful offseason...

Nelson Foxtrot
08-04-2011, 11:42 PM

The Sox are now in a 14-way tie for 2nd place in that category. The Phillies went walkless in their last 2 games of 1919 and first 5 of 1920 to set the record at 7. (We need a Cliff Claven smilie...)

Lip Man 1
08-04-2011, 11:43 PM
I don't think anything will happen the rest of this season. At this point, what's the point? The Sox are finished and the club has played so badly even a firing or two won't bring back that many fans.

IF JR does anything, notice I said IF, it'll happen this off season.

More and more I think Ozzie bails this November.

Lip

DirtySox
08-04-2011, 11:45 PM
I don't think anything will happen the rest of this season. At this point, what's the point? The Sox are finished and the club has played so badly even a firing or two won't bring back that many fans.

IF JR does anything, notice I said IF, it'll happen this off season.

Lip

I was and still am baffled that Ozzie was given his extension this offseason after doing nothing to earn it. It should have been left as its vesting option upon making the playoffs this season.

DirtySox
08-04-2011, 11:46 PM
The Sox are now in a 14-way tie for 2nd place in that category. The Phillies went walkless in their last 2 games of 1919 and first 5 of 1920 to set the record at 7. (We need a Cliff Claven smilie...)

Thanks. I was hoping someone would investigate what company we are in.

kittle42
08-04-2011, 11:48 PM

Lip

The day Ozzie is gone, I will happily post in the Ozzie Appreciation Thread how thankful I am to him for managing us to a World Series, for providing endless headlines and a lot of humor, and say that I hope his No. 13 is retired by the Sox one day.

Then, I'll do a ****ing dance of joy like Balki because it means this team is moving in the right direction.

tstrike2000
08-04-2011, 11:49 PM
I was and still am baffled that Ozzie was given his extension this offseason after doing nothing to earn it. It should have been left as its vesting option upon making the playoffs this season.

Alot of things are baffling. Why was Teahen extended, just to be let go because of it? Why did we take over Rios' **** contract? Why hasn't someone been fired? Just some of the many questions.

JB98
08-04-2011, 11:49 PM

I think they were trying to eliminate a distraction. I understand that, but it obviously backfired.

Lip Man 1
08-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Dirty:

Kenny said he did it to remove the "distraction" that would take place with the media and fans speculating about his future.

And I think you can assume correctly that there would have been a lot of talk, a lot of ink spilled over it (to say nothing of Oney and his tweeting...)

I can't say that Kenny was wrong with his justification but like just about everything else the past five years, it blew up in his face.

Lip

Iron Dragon2
08-04-2011, 11:51 PM
I am so tired of the losing, so much negativety floats around it is like the billy goat of the cubs. We do not need to be so down that we become like cubs. Win tommorow and after that and we will be where we need to be.

What? Will the next win actually count as 10 in the W column?

Jerko
08-04-2011, 11:51 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/site/newspaper/sports/ct-spt-0805-rogers-baseball--20110805,0,2206237.column

Oz thinks we are idiots and "geniouses" and insists no teaching gets done at mlb level. We don't need a manager or coaches then, right?

DirtySox
08-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Dirty:

Kenny said he did it to remove the "distraction" that would take place with the media and fans speculating about his future.

And I think you can assume correctly that there would have been a lot of talk, a lot of ink spilled over it (to say nothing of Oney and his tweeting...)

I can't say that Kenny was wrong with his justification but like just about everything else the past five years, it blew up in his face.

Lip

Right. I remember the justification, I just didn't and don't like it. Let the man earn his job for once. At this point I can only hope that Ozzie is somehow traded for a bag of balls from the Marlins this offseason.

chisoxfanatic
08-04-2011, 11:55 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/site/newspaper/sports/ct-spt-0805-rogers-baseball--20110805,0,2206237.column

Oz thinks we are idiots and "geniouses" and insists no teaching gets done at mlb level. We don't need a manager or coaches then, right?
That would be just like a graduate professor saying that "no teaching gets done at the university level." Everyone can learn something, including the pros. What a cop out for someone who clearly never likes to have to lift a finger when it comes to instructing anyone.

JB98
08-04-2011, 11:56 PM

This regime spends more time lashing out at critics than fixing problems.

From top to bottom, this is a thin-skinned regime.

Lip Man 1
08-04-2011, 11:58 PM
I understand what Phil is saying but also keep in mind he doesn't care for Williams, has been very vocal about it and has gotten into some spats with Kenny.

His judgement may be a bit clouded.

Plus as always he feels the way to win is to have a solid to very good minor league system, to have patience and to let them develop together.

Again he makes some solid points but fails to appreciate the Chicago market, the fan patience and the fact that it's a two team town.

It's not as simple as 'let the kids play...' The Pirates, Royals etc. have been saying that for how many decades now?

And yes Kenny has made mistakes, a TON of them but so has Ozzie.

If you are going to clean house, clean it ALL out and start over.

Lip

Boondock Saint
08-04-2011, 11:59 PM

**** him. He needs to just shut the **** up and **** off.

Lip Man 1
08-05-2011, 12:02 AM
JB:

You touched on something Dan Helpinstein has written about often in his books. The combative attitude of the organization towards anyone or anything (even their own fans) who dare to criticize.

Often it's over very, very minor things. Seems like a waste of time and energy to me.

Yet this same group won't do a damn thing when Jamie Burke gets run over, when Young tried to forearm shiver A.J., when Konerko gets hit in the head and so forth.

Sounds a little gutless to me.

Lip

DirtySox
08-05-2011, 12:03 AM
I understand what Phil is saying but also keep in mind he doesn't care for Williams, has been very vocal about it and has gotten into some spats with Kenny.

His judgement may be a bit clouded.

Plus as always he feels the way to win is to have a solid to very good minor league system, to have patience and to let them develop together.

Again he makes some solid points but fails to appreciate the Chicago market, the fan patience and the fact that it's a two team town.

It's not as simple as 'let the kids play...' The Pirates, Royals etc. have been saying that for how many decades now?

And yes Kenny has made mistakes, a TON of them but so has Ozzie.

If you are going to clean house, clean it ALL out and start over.

Lip

Lip, as with most arguments around here it doesn't always have to be one extreme or the other. Jerry has the resources to be able to spend on free agents as well as develop a competent farm system concurrently. The Red Sox, Yankees, and Phillies are all examples of this. There is no justification for this organization to fall dead last in draft spending almost every year. We've finally reached rock bottom in this regard. The only thing on the farm right now is Dayan and Addison Reed. Even if Kenny wanted to buy at this year's deadline he would have been extremely limited in his options. At this juncture we are finally feeling the effect of "win now" due to an inability to replenish the farm.

Lip Man 1
08-05-2011, 12:06 AM
Well at least Ozzie has explained WHY these guys can never bunt, execute a hit and run, get a guy home from 3rd with less than two out, hit the cutoff man or hold a base runner close...in short why all the crap he supposedly tries in spring training is worthless.

If you can't teach it and don't really believe in what you're doing (and by his statement that proves it) does anybody really expect the message to sink in?

Again ACCOUNTABILITY, there is none around.

Remember a comment of his from earlier in the year when Cuddeyer stole three bases, "there's nothing you can do..." Now we know why!

Lip

rpmorri
08-05-2011, 12:06 AM
Bottom line. Williams is the problem. Until Reinsidiot cans his ass, this "team" is unwatchable. Get a real GM.

soltrain21
08-05-2011, 12:09 AM
Bottom line. Williams is the problem. Until Reinsidiot cans his ass, this "team" is unwatchable. Get a real GM.

http://i.imgur.com/0reCv.gif

thomas35forever
08-05-2011, 12:10 AM
I am intrigued by your views and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

chaotic8512
08-05-2011, 12:11 AM

No. Just... no.

Also, Ozzie, is that you?

shingo10
08-05-2011, 12:12 AM
When is the last time the Sox fired a manager during the season? I'm not sure its happened during my 24 years. At least not from 93.

thomas35forever
08-05-2011, 12:12 AM
When is the last time the Sox fired a manager during the season? I'm not sure its happened during my 24 years. At least not from 93.
Gene Lamont in '95.

Boondock Saint
08-05-2011, 12:14 AM

:shakehead:

Second grade putdowns are for second graders. Maybe next time you can rip on Ozzie Buttien or Kenny Willpoops.

shingo10
08-05-2011, 12:15 AM
Gene Lamont in '95.

Oops, don't remember that one. So that's how Bevington got the job...

Thank you.

Lip Man 1
Dirty:

I can't explain why the Sox have spent less money on the minor league system the past five years than anybody in baseball. You follow this closely, maybe you can explain it?

I know historically JR does not like to spend money for folks who haven't accomplished anything. Remember his quote, "baseball is the only sport where I have to pay my players what my dumbest compeditor has to pay his..."

That should give everyone pause when you consider they still would owe Ozzie next year's salary if they fire him.

Lip

GoGoCrede

Weak. "Reinsdoof" would work better with his name. I'm not calling him that, just offering a suggestion for the future, if you're going to use lame nicknames.

guillensdisciple
08-05-2011, 12:17 AM
:shakehead:

Second grade putdowns are for second graders. Maybe next time you can rip on Ozzie Buttien or Kenny Willpoops.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

this post is a win.

billyvsox
08-05-2011, 12:17 AM
The fact that Viciedo is not up here is a joke. Especially when you consider that De Aza is showing up well. I am starting to think KW refuses to call him up because if he performs well we will all say I TOLD YOU SO and he should have done it earlier.

Stubbornness continues to haunt us. Hopefully Dayan will not get mentanlly affected by this. He has to sit in AAA and watch teams all around the league call up their prospects and get highlights and mentions on ESPN and he sits and rots.

Totally unfair to the kid

amsteel
08-05-2011, 12:18 AM
Without a doubt, the highlight of my 2011 Sox season was faking Yankees fans out of high fives tonight.

**** this team

**** this season

I love patio parties will unlimited free beer

Thank you Stubhub for letting me pay less than 50% under face for 20+ games this year

*drops mic, walks off satge*

Noneck
08-05-2011, 12:19 AM
I read constantly about cleaning house, which seems to mean GM, manager and coaches. The more I see and hear about this organization and what goes on, the more I wonder if doing that will have a positive affect. It sure appears that the GM does not have the control a GM should truly have, that is in regard to drafting, scouting, minor league system, signing and obtaining big named players without approval, and the ability to fire and hire a manager and coaches. As long as the guy on top has his finger in these kind of decisions, no decent GM will be able to do his job and the guy on top has shown he sure isn't capable.

DirtySox
08-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Dirty:

I can't explain why the Sox have spent less money on the minor league system the past five years than anybody in baseball. You follow this closely, maybe you can explain it?

I know historically JR does not like to spend money for folks who haven't accomplished anything. Remember his quote, "baseball is the only sport where I have to pay my players what my dumbest compeditor has to pay his..."

That should give everyone pause when you consider they still would owe Ozzie next year's salary if they fire him.

Lip

I can't explain it either. It bewilders me. Almost all of the model organizations are able to compete in free agency, as well as develop their own players to both insert in the lineup and to trade as needed. It's a glaring weakness with the White Sox and I have no idea why it isn't seen as an area that needs to be improved. We saw how highly organizations value their prospects just recently this trade deadline. The only premium prospects moved were Wheeler, Cosart, and Singleton really.

GoGoCrede
08-05-2011, 12:20 AM

I dunno, if people can't be negative now, when can they be?

Lip Man 1
08-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Billy:

I think Kenny didn't call him up because I think he knows that if he did, Ozzie simply wouldn't play him and he'd be wasting time. If he's going to sit around, he's better off at Triple A.

Yes I think behind the scenes both men are trying to one-up each other and make the other look bad at the expense of the club.

That's why one or the other needed to go after the blow-up's last season...insted JR did nothing and now is paying the price for that decision.

Lip

DirtySox
08-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Billy:

I think Kenny didn't call him up because I think he knows that if he did, Ozzie simply wouldn't play him and he'd be wasting time. If he's going to sit around, he's better off at Triple A.

Yes I think behind the scenes both men are trying to one-up each other and make the other look bad at the expense of the club.

That's why one or the other needed to go after the blow-up's last season...instead JR did nothing and now is paying the price for that decision.

Lip

Dayan also is coming off an injury. He has struggled mightily because of it lately. I'm fine with him rounding back into form in AAA, particularly because I don't think the Sox are competitive with or without him at this point.

Brian26
08-05-2011, 12:28 AM
Without a doubt, the highlight of my 2011 Sox season was faking Yankees fans out of high fives tonight.

**** this team

**** this season

I love patio parties will unlimited free beer

Thank you Stubhub for letting me pay less than 50% under face for 20+ games this year

*drops mic, walks off satge*

Please tell me you had a designated driver or took public transportation.

guillensdisciple
08-05-2011, 12:39 AM

Ah come on man, that was not too bad. He just misspelled one thing. Besides that it was pretty funny.

Noneck
08-05-2011, 12:39 AM

Dont forget to thank the people that initially bought these tickets based on how these ball players should have performed.

Marqhead
08-05-2011, 12:41 AM
Ah come on man, that was not too bad. He just misspelled one thing. Besides that it was pretty funny.

I think the patio parties with unlimited free beer gives him away.

But who am I to judge. :gulp:

ShooterMcGavin
08-05-2011, 12:42 AM
While the Sox are still mathematically able to win the division, today's loss is when I personally gave up on this team's 2011 chances.

I'll still watch, and maybe attend another game (at a great discount, or free) but have no hope the Sox will win the AL Central.

I'm looking forward to watching De Aza play and Viciedo when he comes up in September. Hopefully they don't become tainted by Sox coaching.

Hitmen77
This team is a ****ing joke.
:whatever:

Ha! Ozzie isn't going anywhere. In fact, HE'S the one issuing an ultimatum to Reinsdorf. That's how ****ed up this organization is.

guillensdisciple
I think the patio parties with unlimited free beer gives him away.

But who am I to judge. :gulp:

I'm going to misplace a quote:

"Cocaine's a hell of a drug"

guillensdisciple
08-05-2011, 12:44 AM
This team is a ****ing joke.
:whatever:

Ha! Ozzie isn't going anywhere. In fact, HE'S the one issuing an ultimatum to Reinsdorf. That's how ****ed up this organization is.

I've never thought about it that way but that is insanely ****ed up. You would think the owner would have the upper hand over a coach of a club.

We will always have 2005 guys, and so will the organizations, so why get rid of that feeling?

chisoxfanatic
08-05-2011, 12:54 AM
The fact that Viciedo is not up here is a joke. Especially when you consider that De Aza is showing up well. I am starting to think KW refuses to call him up because if he performs well we will all say I TOLD YOU SO and he should have done it earlier.

Stubbornness continues to haunt us. Hopefully Dayan will not get mentanlly affected by this. He has to sit in AAA and watch teams all around the league call up their prospects and get highlights and mentions on ESPN and he sits and rots.

Totally unfair to the kid
I'm extremely worried that, after his contract runs out, Viciedo says "**** this team!" and signs elsewhere without being given a legitimate chance here.

DirtySox
08-05-2011, 12:56 AM
I'm extremely worried that, after his contract runs out, Viciedo says "**** this team!" and signs elsewhere without being given a legitimate chance here.

Wat? Dayan isn't even arbitration eligible until 2013.

amsteel
08-05-2011, 12:57 AM

Ha! In needed it.

Yah, my lovely aunt picked me up/drove me pre/post game.

It was a mausoleum at the park. I can't wait for 5$ club seats in September.

Noneck
08-05-2011, 12:58 AM

Its Borass so that is a very real possibility.

guillensdisciple
08-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Ha! In needed it.

Yah, my lovely aunt picked me up/drove me pre/post game.

It was a mausoleum at the park. I can't wait for 5$ club seats in September.

Funny thing about beer, sure as hell makes the sucking feel unimportant.

DirtySox
08-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Its Borass so that is very real possibility.

It's very possible he leaves after he's accrued the service time to become a free agent, but he's still under team control for many years.

Falstaff
08-05-2011, 01:00 AM
This team is just pathetic. They have completely quit. Ozzie just has no idea how to get them to play hard. Its unwatchable. Once upon a time we used to see heroics like Uribe flying a few rows into the stands to catch a foul; Dewayne soaring to perfectly bobble rob a certain home run... But that was a different team- we will not be seeing anyone care that much in 2011. Me neither.:angry:

BainesHOF
08-05-2011, 01:21 AM

Wow.

It's definitely something that our next hitting coach needs to address. Our batters need to be a lot more patient.

By the way, does anyone give a damn that Pierzynski is the hardest player in baseball to strike out? It's a dubious distinction. It's because he hacks like a fool.

amsteel
08-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Funny thing about beer, sure as hell makes the sucking feel unimportant.

For real. Miller Lite is more consistent that the White Sox offense.

Zakath
08-05-2011, 01:33 AM
Post-mortem on the series:

- We never held the lead.
- We were tied for a grand total of 4 innings out of 33 1/2, and all of those came tonight (the 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th).
- We were outscored 34-11.
- We were outhit 50-34, which makes the previous stat even more embarrassing.
- The Yankees drew 10 walks while striking out 25 times; the Sox drew 0 walks while striking out 26 times (11 tonight).
- Until Dunn's HR in the 9th tonight, the Yankee bullpen hadn't surrendered a run the entire series.
- Brett Gardiner went 5-17, but scored 6 runs in the series.
- Brian Bruney pitched 1.1 innings in the series, surrendering 5 runs. Add in the 6 runs in 1.2 innings that he pitched on Saturday vs. Boston, and in 3 innings, he's surrendered 11 runs. His ERA, which was 2.16 heading into that stretch, is now 6.86.
- Konerko, in 3 AB tonight, had as many hits as Quentin had the entire series.
- Dunn actually raised his batting average 2 points by going 3-14 in the series.

3-7 on a homestand that we really needed to be 6-4 on. The Twins could really nail the coffin shut.

voodoochile
08-05-2011, 01:36 AM
Well it may not be over, but damn that's a lot of nails to remove...

BainesHOF
08-05-2011, 01:37 AM
De Aza looked good again. He definitely plays with a spark.

Hawk was good solo in the booth today. He didn't have a dark edge to him. He was way more pleasant and even more informative than usual.

Where was Stone? I must admit it was nice not to hear his droning voice.

HaroMaster87
08-05-2011, 02:13 AM
Post-mortem on the series:

- We never held the lead.
- We were tied for a grand total of 4 innings out of 33 1/2, and all of those came tonight (the 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th).
- We were outscored 34-11.
- We were outhit 50-34, which makes the previous stat even more embarrassing.
- The Yankees drew 10 walks while striking out 25 times; the Sox drew 0 walks while striking out 26 times (11 tonight).
- Until Dunn's HR in the 9th tonight, the Yankee bullpen hadn't surrendered a run the entire series.
- Brett Gardiner went 5-17, but scored 6 runs in the series.
- Brian Bruney pitched 1.1 innings in the series, surrendering 5 runs. Add in the 6 runs in 1.2 innings that he pitched on Saturday vs. Boston, and in 3 innings, he's surrendered 11 runs. His ERA, which was 2.16 heading into that stretch, is now 6.86.
- Konerko, in 3 AB tonight, had as many hits as Quentin had the entire series.
- Dunn actually raised his batting average 2 points by going 3-14 in the series.

3-7 on a homestand that we really needed to be 6-4 on. The Twins could really nail the coffin shut.

Great post!

"Could"? didnt you mean to say "WILL"...i mean, really...is there any doubt that they are about to get swept? It's the Twins for ****s sake...these mental midget quitters dont have a CHANCE...

thomas35forever
08-05-2011, 02:39 AM
That's what scares me most. I can no longer tell where Ozzie ends and Jerry begins. It's like the organization's hierarchy chart just went clear out the window one day and hasn't been back since. Really a frightening situation if you think about it.

Shoeless_Jeff
08-05-2011, 03:25 AM
I hate this team.

LITTLE NELL
08-05-2011, 06:24 AM

Thats hard to believe but then again it's not. One of the biggest problems of this team is that they have no clue of the strike zone and will swing at anything. Did you see Beckham's first at bat, he swung at a pitch and missed it by two feet

SI1020
08-05-2011, 08:43 AM

Oz thinks we are idiots and "geniouses" and insists no teaching gets done at mlb level. We don't need a manager or coaches then, right? The article was sort of Cowley like, albeit without the angry surliness that is typical of that man. No wonder Cowley and Ozzie are so simpatico, their personalities mesh. Rogers again shows how enamored the pitiful Chicago sports press is of Ozzie. In some ways this year is worse to me then even 1970 was. I had faith then that the team had a plan to pull itself back up and of course I was still young. Now there is absolutely very little positive that I see in the near term and beyond. What a total mess this franchise has become, and yes Oz always blame White Sox fans for caring. You want lemmings, see if you can wrangle the job on the north side for yourself. I'm sure his parting, whenever it comes will be among the most bitter in modern sports history.

roylestillman
08-05-2011, 09:27 AM
De Aza looked good again. He definitely plays with a spark.

Hawk was good solo in the booth today. He didn't have a dark edge to him. He was way more pleasant and even more informative than usual.

Where was Stone? I must admit it was nice not to hear his droning voice.

Stone was on to deliver the lineups, but Hawk said he was playing hurt. He never returned, and I thought I heard Hawks say - twice - that he had a "bad boil," a wonderful kind of 1950's malady. After saying it the first time the camera cut away to Dr. Herm, as if to say "not for long."

Jerko
08-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Now I read that our goofball manager let Rios play because he didn't want to "subject" DeAza to 3 lefties...........yet Dunn bats 4th constantly against them. I'm sick of the act. (part of the fans are idiots/geniuses spiel)

Ozzie, you LOST ALL 3 OF THE GAMES you stuck Rios in there; great plan. I hate to say this but if this team tanks the rest of the year it won't bother me if the end result is 13's departure. Good luck getting fans to the park the longer you keep this clown. Hey, let's go to the Sox game to watch them go through the motions, then get called names by the sub-.500 for the past 5 and a half year manager! GREAT way to keep what few fans you have left. The move has to be made NOW (well, May really). I guess I am an idiot since I was gonna go to a few more games.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/6887607-419/ozzie-guillen-i-dont-favor-latinos.html

Chez
08-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Shaping up to be the most disappointing season since 1984. The patient is on life support and needs a miracle. I'm not ready to give the DNR order, but man this is painful to watch.

slavko
08-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Wow.

It's definitely something that our next hitting coach needs to address. Our batters need to be a lot more patient.

By the way, does anyone give a damn that Pierzynski is the hardest player in baseball to strike out? It's a dubious distinction. It's because he hacks like a fool.

He has a short stroke, even though he's a strong guy he almost never uses his power swing, preferring to dink and dunk the ball. He does make a lot of contact.

rcescato
08-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Somebody in another thread said that as soon as the trading deadline passed, the Sox would lose 6 straight. I had a sinking feeling they they would be right. Losing Konerko didn't help, but this team flat out sucks, and I'm sick of watching it.

Me 2 sick to my stomach. Cant watch it anymore.

JB98
08-05-2011, 01:27 PM
The article was sort of Cowley like, albeit without the angry surliness that is typical of that man. No wonder Cowley and Ozzie are so simpatico, their personalities mesh. Rogers again shows how enamored the pitiful Chicago sports press is of Ozzie. In some ways this year is worse to me then even 1970 was. I had faith then that the team had a plan to pull itself back up and of course I was still young. Now there is absolutely very little positive that I see in the near term and beyond. What a total mess this franchise has become, and yes Oz always blame White Sox fans for caring. You want lemmings, see if you can wrangle the job on the north side for yourself. I'm sure his parting, whenever it comes will be among the most bitter in modern sports history.

I'm sure we're gonna hear about what a bunch of ungrateful racists we are when Ozzie leaves the organization. If not from him, then from his kids.

Media will never call for Ozzie's head because he's good copy. Well, I'll call for his head, but I'm pretty small-time in the media world. I've said all along that he needs to make the playoffs this year or else. It looks like "else" to me.