PDA

View Full Version : Tri-City ValleyCats Manager Stubby Clapp Has Epic Meltdown

Fenway
08-04-2011, 06:31 PM
That home plate umpire is a proud graduate of the Joe West Umpire College :?:

bLlAba4DgEU

Brian26
08-04-2011, 07:38 PM
I like a good manager ejection or baseball fight as much as anyone, but these low minor league or independent league clips always give me douche chills. Really, Stubby? Really? This is one step above a Little League manager yelling at an umpire. The umps looks like high school kids.

Lamp81
08-04-2011, 10:38 PM
First of all, Stubby Clapp is one of the greatest names in the history of Baseball.

That being said, why do managers have to act so juvenile? Why can't they go out and discuss with the umpire calmly, why he thought the call was wrong. In many cases, the ump knows he blew the call, but getting his butt chewed out, doesn't make him any happier. If you had a calm discussion with him, the ump may give you the benfit of the doubt on the next close call.

southside rocks
08-06-2011, 06:38 AM
First of all, Stubby Clapp is one of the greatest names in the history of Baseball.

OMG, yes!

Fenway
08-06-2011, 07:00 AM
NY-Penn League is a real pressure cooker for all involved as you only have 70 games to prove yourself. It really is a classic up or out league.

The league has changed drastically the past 15 years starting with Elmira moving to Lowell. While a few small towns have kept their team (Bativa, Jamestown) you now have teams in Brooklyn and Staten Island.

Dick Allen
08-06-2011, 08:58 AM
I like how the one umpire is about a foot taller than Stubby, and how Stubby had to look way up to argue with him.

SOXSINCE'70
08-06-2011, 03:21 PM

My favorites were Dick Pole (former pitching coach) and Rusty Staub (former Montral Expo).:D:

MtGrnwdSoxFan
08-06-2011, 03:24 PM
My favorites were Dick Pole (former pitching coach) and Rusty Staub (former Montral Expo).:D:

What, no Rusty Kuntz?

NY-Penn League is a real pressure cooker for all involved as you only have 70 games to prove yourself. It really is a classic up or out league.

The league has changed drastically the past 15 years starting with Elmira moving to Lowell. While a few small towns have kept their team (Bativa, Jamestown) you now have teams in Brooklyn and Staten Island.

In OOTP 11 (a baseball simulation game) I took over as manager of the Vermont Lake Monsters. I don't know how minor-league managers can get anything cohesive going, as any time a player performs, he gets moved up and you generally get a crappy player in return to try to incorporate into your lineup. It's rough in the game, but I only imagine how it is in real life. That short schedule doesn't help matters either.