PDA

View Full Version : Jason Kipnis

thomas35forever
08-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Here's a guy we might have to worry about for the next few years.
http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110804&content_id=22740352&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

DirtySox
08-04-2011, 03:06 PM
One of my favorite prospects.

Jose.Contreras
08-04-2011, 03:21 PM
I've known Jason ever since he was a kid. I was his coach and camp counselor back in the summers of 2000 and 2001 (He was 13 and 14 years old those summers). Jason was on my softball, floor hockey, basketball, and basketball squads and he was always one of the best athletes, no doubt.

I can tell you one thing, he really had a natural, powerful swing. The kid could always rake. Of course I never thought to myself, "Yeah, he's gonna be a stud in the majors one day." But who the hell actually thinks someone they know very well is going to one day star as a professional athlete? Just think about how good you actually have to be to be a pro.

I remember telling him that I really hoped the Sox would draft him in the 2nd round of the '09 draft (Jason was a White Sox fan despite being from the North Suburb of Northbrook). He wanted the Sox to draft him but they hadn't sent much time talking to him and scouting him so he said "I'd love to play for the Sox but I don't think I'm on their radar" DAMN THAT SUCKS. Does anyone remember who we drafted ahead of Kipnis in the 2nd round of the '09 draft??

I'm still in touch with him to this day and I think it's friggin' awesome seeing how hard he's worked to get to the level he's at today. It's really cool and I am very happy for him. Also, I'd like to add that he's got a great goofball sense of humor. That kid cracked me up back in the day. Anyhow, just thought I'd throw that in there.

DirtySox
08-04-2011, 03:25 PM
I remember telling him that I really hoped the Sox would draft him in the 2nd round of the '09 draft (Jason was a White Sox fan despite being from the North Suburb of Northbrook). He wanted the Sox to draft him but they hadn't sent much time talking to him and scouting him so he said "I'd love to play for the Sox but I don't think I'm on their radar" DAMN THAT SUCKS. Does anyone remember who we drafted ahead of Kipnis in the 2nd round of the '09 draft??

Trayce Thompson was drafted at number 61 by the Sox, Kipnis went 63 to Cleveland. I would have loved Kipnis, but the Trayce pick is defensible despite his lackluster performance so far.

AZChiSoxFan
08-07-2011, 07:13 PM
I've known Jason ever since he was a kid. I was his coach and camp counselor back in the summers of 2000 and 2001 (He was 13 and 14 years old those summers). Jason was on my softball, floor hockey, basketball, and basketball squads and he was always one of the best athletes, no doubt.

I can tell you one thing, he really had a natural, powerful swing. The kid could always rake. Of course I never thought to myself, "Yeah, he's gonna be a stud in the majors one day." But who the hell actually thinks someone they know very well is going to one day star as a professional athlete? Just think about how good you actually have to be to be a pro.

I'm still in touch with him to this day and I think it's friggin' awesome seeing how hard he's worked to get to the level he's at today. It's really cool and I am very happy for him. Also, I'd like to add that he's got a great goofball sense of humor. That kid cracked me up back in the day. Anyhow, just thought I'd throw that in there.

Cool Story. I'm a huge AZ State fan, so of course I love the guy!