PDA

View Full Version : Chisox Too Average For Own Good

Lip Man 1
08-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Really good story on the issues:

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/6832234/white-sox-make-habit-dashing-fan-hopes

Lip

hi im skot
08-04-2011, 12:04 PM
To average what?

LITTLE NELL
08-04-2011, 12:15 PM
I think Lip left out an ''O'', should have been titled ''Chisox Too Average For Own Good''.

Lip Man 1
08-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Sorry folks, typos happen.

Lip

SI1020
08-04-2011, 12:29 PM
This is an average team? Oh well I guess if they finish the season 29-24 you can call them average.

Madvora
08-04-2011, 01:02 PM
I'm guessing the Sox were noticed this week because they happened to be playing the Yankees, not like they're putting up much of a case for themselves.

daveeym
08-04-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm guessing the Sox were noticed this week because they happened to be playing the Yankees, not like they're putting up much of a case for themselves.
No kidding and then the "vocal minority" stuff and "unnaturally angered" crap. It's been years of underachievement and Ozzie ripping fans and then going for the cheap race baiting in the article to top it off. And the "it's the economy stupid" reasoning is being given as a way to pull the wool over everyone's eyes allowing for no changes to be made.

TommyGavinFloyd
08-05-2011, 12:44 AM

This is from the ESPN Chicago page, this guy writes about the Sox all the time. Great article.

Milw
08-05-2011, 11:57 AM
This team isn't average. They have a losing record in the worst division in baseball. Calling the Sox average is an insult to mediocre teams everywhere.

wilburaga
08-05-2011, 12:30 PM
The White Sox are irrelevant now, except to a few die-hards.

In the New York Times game story of last night's contest, not a single White Sox player, manager, or coach, past or present, is referenced. Alex Rodriguez, who didn't play, is referenced no fewer than 14 times.

Of course, not making reference to any White Sox player might be construed as an act of mercy.

Crestani
08-05-2011, 12:34 PM
The White Sox are irrelevant now, except to a few die-hards.

In the New York Times game story of last night's contest, not a single White Sox player, manager, or coach, past or present, is referenced. Alex Rodriguez, who didn't play, is referenced no fewer than 14 times.

Of course, not making reference to any White Sox player might be construed as an act of mercy.
Drum Roll...!!!

Sox
08-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Frankly I don't know what to say about this team except it's painful watching them lose especially to the Skankees....but it's just not this series, it's the season as a whole and unless something changes this 2011 edition of the White Sox will continue to play everyday as if they had the starring role in the movie Groundhog day....