PDA

View Full Version : Walker on Rios (Next Year)

Lip Man 1
08-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Apparently Greg knows something we don't! :D: (Both about his job security and Rios')

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-0803-white-sox-brite--20110803,0,324039.story

Lip

captain54
08-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Maybe Greg Walker can help me because I'm mentally down and mentally unsucessful in watching this trainwreck of a White Sox offense

soltrain21
08-02-2011, 11:06 PM
He will "at least have to consider?"

Well, no ****.

russ99
08-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Maybe Rios can help Walker "consider" that he's a failure as a hitting coach.

HaroMaster87
08-02-2011, 11:29 PM
WHO CARES??? (not directed at you Lip)

This guy is a complete piece of garbage...he needs to go away...

Rocky Soprano
08-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Why in the hell can't he "help" him this year? Why do we have to wait until next year?

TommyGavinFloyd
08-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Sigh, I wish the change could be in the uniform but alas...

As for Walker, I feel like one day during a Sox game he's going to take over the signal Max Headroom style of any WSI member watching. "You think I should be fired? Never!"

Vernam
08-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Quite understandable that they wouldn't want to tinker with his swing or approach while this season is in progress. God knows, that could hurt his production.

They're also probably waiting for 2012 to get him to move his sorry ass when he's playing CF.

Vernam

captain54
08-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Quite understandable that they wouldn't want to tinker with his swing or approach while this season is in progress.

It's just a simple law of physics...those that are employed till infinity operate in a different time frame and reference.

thomas35forever
08-03-2011, 12:39 AM
Why in the hell can't he "help" him this year? Why do we have to wait until next year?
My thoughts exactly. Why can't the changes happen this year?

Boondock Saint
08-03-2011, 12:42 AM

Well, you know, he might go into a slump if they try to fix his swing mid-season.

VenturaFan23
08-03-2011, 06:17 AM
WHO CARES??? (not directed at you Lip)

This guy is a complete piece of garbage...he needs to go away...

Rios or Walker? :tongue:

Let's face it. Walker could drag the WS trophy around the parking lot ala Costanza and he still wouldn't be canned.

russ99
08-03-2011, 07:39 AM
Rios or Walker? :tongue:

Let's face it. Walker could drag the WS trophy around the parking lot ala Costanza and he still wouldn't be canned.

Also, until Rios can perform closer to his usual level, nobody's going to take him and the next 4 years @ $12.5M off our hands.

SoxfaninLA
08-03-2011, 07:40 AM
Let's hope Walker and Rios will be working on Alex's swing together in Charlotte next year, because that is where these two clowns belong.

TheOldRoman
08-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Astonishing. Greg Walker would be working at Home Depot if not for the blind loyalty of the White Sox organization. This clown would have been fired years ago had he coached anywhere else. If the Sox were to get rid of him he would never find another major league job again, yet his input is so valuable that we are supposed to overlook his constant failures?

palehozenychicty
08-03-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm not surprised. I'm angry. I am astonished. I can't even care anymore. Greg Walker is a made man until Reinsdorf dies/sells the team.

24thStFan
08-03-2011, 10:25 AM
He will "at least have to consider?"

Hasn't Rios said that he is "uncomfortable" making any changes to his stance? I doubt he "will consider" anything that makes him "uncomfortable," especially if it involves work.

Rios has the Sox by the short hairs and he is smiling all the way to the bank. Don't count on many changes this year or next.

KyWhiSoxFan
08-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Twinkletoes needs to change his batting stance. Not sure how can hit while standing with his heels up in the air, balanced on the balls of his feet. Let's try a different approach.

PaleHoser
08-03-2011, 10:45 AM

Because you can't rush quality.

Crestani
08-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Because you can't rush quality.

:rolling:

tstrike2000
08-03-2011, 02:15 PM
"Hitting coach Greg Walker believes the struggling center fielder will at least have to consider making adjustments in his swing after this season."

Sooooo....changes can't be worked on now if you've been hugely sucking for 4 months?

eriqjaffe
08-03-2011, 02:39 PM
"At least have to consider". That just kills me.

DickAllen72
08-03-2011, 05:02 PM

Quite understandable that they wouldn't want to tinker with his swing or approach while this season is in progress. God knows, that could hurt his production.

They're also probably waiting for 2012 to get him to move his sorry ass when he's playing CF.

Vernam

Astonishing. Greg Walker would be working at Home Depot if not for the blind loyalty of the White Sox organization. This clown would have been fired years ago had he coached anywhere else. If the Sox were to get rid of him he would never find another major league job again, yet his input is so valuable that we are supposed to overlook his constant failures?
Who's the bigger clown here - Walker or JR for not allowing Walker to be replaced?

guillensdisciple
08-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Semi serious, but a lot of the things this organization does makes me wonder if they do too many drugs or are too straight edged for their own good. No happy medium.

samurai_sox
08-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Hasn't Rios said that he is "uncomfortable" making any changes to his stance? I doubt he "will consider" anything that makes him "uncomfortable," especially if it involves work.

Rios has the Sox by the short hairs and he is smiling all the way to the bank. Don't count on many changes this year or next.

Just ****ing release him then.

I'd rather the Sox just eat the money than to see this HACK dogging it and out in center for the next 3 years.

I would gain a HUGE amount of respect for the Sox organization if the front office came out and said "We paid off your ridiculous contract just to get you the hell out of a White Sox uniform."

AZChiSoxFan
08-03-2011, 08:33 PM

Hey now, there's no reason to call out Home Depot like that. What makes you think they would be dumb enough to hire him?

Frater Perdurabo
08-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Hey now, there's no reason to call out Home Depot like that. What makes you think they would be dumb enough to hire him?

He certainly couldn't work in the lumber department.

chisox12
08-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Just ****ing release him then.

I'd rather the Sox just eat the money than to see this HACK dogging it and out in center for the next 3 years.

I would gain a HUGE amount of respect for the Sox organization if the front office came out and said "We paid off your ridiculous contract just to get you the hell out of a White Sox uniform."

God that would be ****ing great. And if you're not going to release him, then ****ing bench him. Makes me sick to see him in the lineup everyday. Who gives a **** how much money he makes?? He's hitting .205 in August...he's not turning this season around.

MetroPD
08-03-2011, 09:43 PM
"Hitting coach Greg Walker believes the struggling center fielder will at least have to consider making adjustments in his swing after this season."

Sooooo....changes can't be worked on now if you've been hugely sucking for 4 months?
I thought it was quite clear that Rios has no intention on changing his stance as was stated in an earlier article posted here? Sounds to me like Rios isn't giving Walker much of chance to do anything except be the fall guy. I know Walker isn't exactly the best hitting coach in the world, actually upon further reflection, get rid of both of them.

jshanahanjr
08-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Why does our best hitter love Greg Walker as a hitting coach? Food for thought.

Rocky Soprano
08-03-2011, 11:26 PM
Why does our best hitter love Greg Walker as a hitting coach? Food for thought.

So Greg Walker deserves the credit for our best hitter but not for the rest?
Food for thought.