PDA

View Full Version : Brooks, if you're reading WSI, please consider this

DumpJerry
08-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Ban the Wave. (http://outofbounds.yahoo.com/?vid=26124048)

It is a distraction to the fans who are trying to watch the game having idiots jump up in front of you during play.

Thank you.

Milw
08-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes! My respect for the Rangers organization just doubled.

GlassSox
08-02-2011, 01:46 PM
I agree 100% with DumpJerry, please ban the wave.

dickallen15
08-02-2011, 02:08 PM
I think banning the wave should be the law of the land.

GoGoCrede
08-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Agreed. I don't participate, but it's really distracting even if you don't.

WhiteSox5187
08-02-2011, 02:32 PM
I agree 100%, last Tuesday against the Tigers, the Tigers had the go ahead run at second in a tied ball game in the eighth inning and some idiots started the wave the in the bleachers. As soon as the wave started gaining momentum the Tigers got a base hit to score the go ahead run, I am fairly convinced that that base hit by Betemit was an act of retribution by the baseball gods.

thomas35forever
08-02-2011, 02:37 PM
This happened during the two Twins games I was at during the past month. One of the times, it came during a tight game situation. Every time I see it at the ballpark, I pray for the Sox to do something spectacular so the crowd will get up on its feet and the nonsense will stop. However, I don't know how the Sox are going to enforce a ban like this. Fans pay good money to be at the game, so they will do as they please.

DumpJerry
08-02-2011, 02:51 PM
However, I don't know how the Sox are going to enforce a ban like this. Fans pay good money to be at the game, so they will do as they please.
A few years ago, when The Wave would get started, the Sox had a recording they played on the PA that said something like "Oh, come on!" to shame people into not doing it. It worked.

While fans may feel they can do as they please because they pay good money, they are wrong. They cannot run on the field, they cannot interfere with a ball in play, etc. The ticket does not give them the right or privilege to interfere with another fan's enjoyment of the game unless that fan is wearing Twins, Tigers or Red Sox clothing.

QueerGirrl
08-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Ban the Wave. (http://outofbounds.yahoo.com/?vid=26124048)

It is a distraction to the fans who are trying to watch the game having idiots jump up in front of you during play.

Thank you.

+1,000,000!! I'll never, ever understand the wave. It serves no purpose at all.

thomas35forever
08-02-2011, 03:16 PM
While fans may feel they can do as they please because they pay good money, they are wrong. They cannot run on the field, they cannot interfere with a ball in play, etc.
Oh I wasn't suggesting that they were thinking of doing those things. I wasn't suggesting they'd want to get into drunken fights with other fans either. They probably however feel they can do what they feel as long as they don't try to hurt anybody or interrupt the flow of the game on the field.

captain54
08-02-2011, 06:41 PM
I hate The Wave as much as anyone but I have to say it was the most interesting thing in the park on the night I went against Minny and witnessed some classic WalkerBall..

chisoxfanatic
08-02-2011, 06:46 PM
I agree 100%, last Tuesday against the Tigers, the Tigers had the go ahead run at second in a tied ball game in the eighth inning and some idiots started the wave the in the bleachers. As soon as the wave started gaining momentum the Tigers got a base hit to score the go ahead run, I am fairly convinced that that base hit by Betemit was an act of retribution by the baseball gods.
I'm convinced that the wave has a very good chance of messing up the game by side-tracking the players. I think it's one of the lamest things that happens at sporting events. I've seen it happen at Wrigley too. But, it's only happened once in all of the Hawks' games I've been to. Don't know if it has happened at Bears games, as I've never been to a Bears game (that is going to change this season, though :bandance:), and you can hardly see the crowd on TV.

shes
08-02-2011, 07:42 PM
I don't like it either, but banning it? Ridiculous. People pay very good money to come to the ballpark and have fun. Shockingly enough, most of them are not as serious about baseball as nerds like us that post about it on the internet. Let people have their fun.

SoxFan89
08-02-2011, 07:42 PM
I think the White Sox organization as a whole has more important things to worry about a minor issue that annoys a few fans.

EDIT:

I don't like it either, but banning it? Ridiculous. People pay very good money to come to the ballpark and have fun. Shockingly enough, most of them are not as serious about baseball as nerds like us that post about it on the internet. Let people have their fun.

Thanks for pointing out how ridiculous this idea is.

CLR01
08-02-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm convinced that the wave has a very good chance of messing up the game by side-tracking the players.

Please Those players and their five-cent heads have no business in the majors then.

Parrothead
08-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Hell they should encourage the Wave for the rest of the season there and and even Wave participating discounts. Or even try to get some sort of Wave record. It would be the most interesting thing to watch / do at the Cell this year.:clap: