PDA

View Full Version : Taking a look back

Jerry_Manuel
07-12-2002, 04:16 PM
Not sure about the rest of you, but I like to look back at older threads to see how things have changed. I thought this thread was interesting.

The topic was about the Sox trading for Brian Giles (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5992&highlight=Wells+traded) . The post came from Vic, who suggested:

That would be a hell of an acquisition, but the Bucs want Buehrle and Caballo...

I'd send them Ginter, Lee, and Guerrier for Giles and Ritchie, but that's just me

That would've been a complete steal. We've seen how Guerrier has done and it hasn't been good. Lee has been ok at best, and Ginter hasn't had a lot of time to show what he can do.

Unreal.

Jerry_Manuel
07-12-2002, 04:25 PM
Let's flash back to December 13th, 2001. The day the Sox got Todd Ritchie. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6087&highlight=Wells+traded)
My how opinions have changed. The biggest problem at the time was that we let Sean Lowe go.

While the trade looks bad, the funny thing was reading all the complaints about losing Sean.

RKMeibalane
07-12-2002, 06:30 PM
I remember that. I didn't visit this site much during the offseason, but that is something I was here for. People were furious about losing Lowe because they felt the Sox bullpen was full of holes (it still is, BTW). What's more, people were excited that the Sox added Ritchie. My, how times have changed. Now, everyone hates Ritchie.

Foulke You
07-12-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I remember that. I didn't visit this site much during the offseason, but that is something I was here for. People were furious about losing Lowe because they felt the Sox bullpen was full of holes (it still is, BTW). What's more, people were excited that the Sox added Ritchie. My, how times have changed. Now, everyone hates Ritchie.

People were also really jacked up about David Wells coming here too back in 2001. Myself included. I also remember a bunch of people being really upset that we lost Chris Singleton earlier this year. Times certainly have changed.

Soxheads
07-12-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You

People were also really jacked up about David Wells coming here too back in 2001. Myself included. I also remember a bunch of people being really upset that we lost Chris Singleton earlier this year. Times certainly have changed.

Uh, I think that was one person...... :smile:

Paulwny
07-12-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads

Uh, I think that was one person...... :smile:

I think you're right.