PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Remy observations of the White Sox

Fenway
08-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Jerry Remy who does color for NESN had this to say about Dunn and Rios.

"I like Ozzie as a manager but to continue to keep Dunn and Rios at #5 and #6 now means for the most part conceding 3 innings a game with no runs. Ozzie needs to split them up in the order."

In the 9th yesterday he said Ozzie should have put the mascot up to bat as Dunn seemed to be in a big hurry to get back to the AC of the clubhouse - Rios on the other hand at least fought Papelbon before striking out.

In his strangest observation he said -

"I like the new organist they hired here, much better than the older woman that was here when I played." :scratch::?:

tacosalbarojas
08-01-2011, 12:36 PM
"Stay out of White Sox organist business"

LITTLE NELL
08-01-2011, 03:26 PM
He may know Baseball but he has no clue when it comes to organists.
Another guy I can put on my Boston Jerk list. No, Fenway you are not on it.

asindc
08-01-2011, 03:53 PM

"I like Ozzie as a manager but to continue to keep Dunn and Rios at #5 and #6 now means for the most part conceding 3 innings a game with no runs. Ozzie needs to split them up in the order."

In the 9th yesterday he said Ozzie should have put the mascot up to bat as Dunn seemed to be in a big hurry to get back to the AC of the clubhouse - Rios on the other hand at least fought Papelbon before striking out.

"I like the new organist they hired here, much better than the older woman that was here when I played." :scratch::?:

He had us at "split Dunn and Rios in the order." He lost us at "much better than the older woman...":mad:

Crestani
08-01-2011, 03:57 PM

Who gives a **** what Jerry Remy has to say..??

Lip Man 1
08-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Agreed.

But remember he's connected with the Red Sox so his opinion MUST be worthwhile.

Lip

Fenway
08-01-2011, 04:08 PM
He had us at "split Dunn and Rios in the order." He lost us at "much better than the older woman...":mad:

My hunch is Nancy must have had a special song for him that he didn't like...Remdog holds grudges.

He could have been a good manager...he sees things a batter or two ahead. He certainly is not a homer...and he does his homework on the other teams.

He marveled at how White Sox fans treat Dunn - can you imagine Philadelphia?

TBS Sounds of the Game was telling

HP Ump - OK Ozzie you lose the DH for rest of game

Ozzie - Haven't had one since April

DSpivack
08-01-2011, 04:10 PM
My hunch is Nancy must have had a special song for him that he didn't like...Remdog holds grudges.

He could have been a good manager...he sees things a batter or two ahead. He certainly is not a homer...and he does his homework on the other teams.

OK, I'm definitely stealing that one.

HomeFish
08-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Sunday was my first (and only) game of the 2011 season. I will get killed for saying this, but I really liked the new organist. She played a lot of songs that people my age recognize. There's something cool about hearing a modern, hyper-produced song like "Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry played on an old tyme instrument like the organ.

HomeFish
08-01-2011, 04:11 PM
I do wonder how many "Red Sox fans" who showed up in Youkilis or Pedroia jerseys to this game even know who Trot Nixon is.

CLUBHOUSE KID
08-01-2011, 04:15 PM
I do wonder how many "Red Sox fans" who showed up in Youkilis or Pedroia jerseys to this game even know who Trot Nixon is.

lol or Millar

Brian26
08-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Sunday was my first (and only) game of the 2011 season. I will get killed for saying this, but I really liked the new organist. She played a lot of songs that people my age recognize. There's something cool about hearing a modern, hyper-produced song like "Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry played on an old tyme instrument like the organ.

She's growing on me, but I could use a little less Fins by Jimmy Buffett. I've heard that the last three games I've gone to. :D:

Fenway
08-01-2011, 06:52 PM
The Fenway organist who grew up in Evanston was on my flight back today...he was impressed and he got the feeling they are giving Lori a little more time than Nancy was at the end.

bridgeportcopper
08-01-2011, 07:05 PM

Did he REALLY say this? I couldn't get the TBS feed.

Fenway
08-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Did he REALLY say this? I couldn't get the TBS feed.

Ozzie was laughing when he said it - Eckersley in the booth then couldn't stop laughing.

TomBradley72
08-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Who gives a **** what Jerry Remy has to say..??

I'm always interested in what non Chicago announcers have to say about our team- this year- it's been especially damning of the work ethic of this team- Oakland showing replays of Rios loafing to 1st base, Cleveland announcers talking about Dunn not beating out a muffed grounder because he wasn't hustling to 1st- lots of examples I've heard this year- mostly involving the two highest paid players on the team who are underperforming the most- Rios and Dunn.