PDA

View Full Version : 2011 MLB ALL-BUST Roster

Fenway
07-31-2011, 09:35 AM
Nick Cafardo names 27 players who have been bitter disappointments

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2011/07/31/waiting_for_some_big_money_players_to_bust_out/?sudsredirect=true

He leads with Dunn and questions his work ethic. He compared Dunn to Rob Deer of 20 years ago....

thomas35forever
07-31-2011, 01:05 PM
Sadly, the guy is right. How we've been stuck with this season from Dunn is beyond me.

balke
07-31-2011, 01:15 PM
Sadly, the guy is right. How we've been stuck with this season from Dunn is beyond me.

I think there were some signs he would struggle in the AL. This is way worse than I expected though. Thought 30 homeruns/25 doubles was a lock. Figured Ks would go up and batting average would be around .220 though. Was always disappointed in the pickup but this is unfair how bad he actually turned out.

soxfanreggie
07-31-2011, 10:33 PM
Agree with Dunn and Rios, but where's Peavy? Kenny has had some good luck with the more marginal moves (like having Crain, love how Humber has worked out), but as far as his 'big' deals, only re-signing guys (PK, Alexei) has worked put for us so far. Peavy, Rios, and Dunn have all been busts.

A. Cavatica
07-31-2011, 11:12 PM
Agree with Dunn and Rios, but where's Peavy? Kenny has had some good luck with the more marginal moves (like having Crain, love how Humber has worked out), but as far as his 'big' deals, only re-signing guys (PK, Alexei) has worked put for us so far. Peavy, Rios, and Dunn have all been busts.

It's a little unfair to blame Peavy or KW for Peavy's medical issues. The lat injury had nothing to do with the ankle, which healed fine. Peavy has at least had a few nice games where he was healthy and pitched like an ace; Rios had a few like that in the first half of last year; and Dunn has really done nothing.