PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Taken the Metra From Joliet to the Cell for a Saturday Night Game?

ptmoberg
07-30-2011, 08:55 PM
My wife and I are tempted to take Metra for a Saturday night game from Joliet to the Cell and back. This option is less expensive than parking at the game.

Anyone do this since the 35th Street stop opened? How was the experience?

Thanks!

MarkZ35
07-30-2011, 09:05 PM
I've taken the Metra about 5 or 6 times now to a game and I have no complaints. On the way there is sort of like a bar with most people drinking and talking. Maybe I've been lucky but I haven't been on trains home after the games with a bunch of drunk idiots either so no conflicts like you get sometimes at night on the Metra after an event.

roylestillman
07-30-2011, 09:13 PM
I've taken it about a half dozen times this year. Mostly positive reviews, with the exception of a few overserved commuters. You should know that an extra train is added that departs a half hour after the last out. The train makes all stops down the Beverly line and out to Joliet. There are a surprising number of people who take it.

ptmoberg
07-31-2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the responses. Did you buy your train tickets in advance or on the train?

keloms
07-31-2011, 09:03 PM
You could try the Pace Bus USCF routes as well which is $4 each way and I believe only does USCF pickups / dropoffs.

roylestillman
07-31-2011, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the responses. Did you buy your train tickets in advance or on the train?

If you are going on Saturday or Sunday buy the weekend pass on the train its $7 and good all weekend.

Chrisaway
08-01-2011, 09:27 AM
I've taken it a couple of times with no troubles.