PDA

View Full Version : Ubaldo Jimenez to Indians

DSpivack
07-30-2011, 07:02 PM
For Pomeranz, White, others. Kipnis not in deal.

manders_01
07-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Well I'm so glad I resigned the fact that it is not looking good for me to be enjoying October baseball in person a little earlier today. :whiner:

Bye Ubaldo, it's been lovely to have you here! Unfortunately, now I have to cheer against you.

SoxNation05
07-30-2011, 07:08 PM
I don't feel threatened. Ubaldo's velocity is down and he has had a rough year.

DirtySox
07-30-2011, 07:24 PM
I'd much rather have White and Pomeranz.

EMachine10
07-30-2011, 07:36 PM
I'd much rather have White and Pomeranz.
Agreed. Thanks, Cleveland.

SI1020
07-30-2011, 08:07 PM
I don't feel threatened. Ubaldo's velocity is down and he has had a rough year. What a difference a year makes.

JB98
07-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Ubaldo is pitching for the Rockies right now. Just gave up four in the first to San Diego. Must not be a done deal yet.

JB98
07-30-2011, 08:22 PM
Ubaldo left the game in San Diego after the first inning. Now appears that indeed his time in Colorado has past.

blandman
07-30-2011, 08:27 PM
I don't feel threatened. Ubaldo's velocity is down and he has had a rough year.

No, it was down. It returned and his ERA the last two months is under 3. In Colorado.

This is really big for Cleveland, but they're still a tick less talented than Detroit.

KRS1
07-30-2011, 08:48 PM
Damn. Not an arm I want to be facing for years to come.

Huisj
07-30-2011, 09:38 PM
Damn. Not an arm I want to be facing for years to come.

Meh, they'll probably just start a bidding war for him next July when they stink.

PalehosePlanet
07-30-2011, 10:06 PM
No, it was down. It returned and his ERA the last two months is under 3. In Colorado.

This is really big for Cleveland, but they're still a tick less talented than Detroit.

I watched him get his ass kicked at Arizona the other night and he was 92-94 on the gun. His slider and change-up looked good but every time he threw a fastball it was crushed.

The Rox also refused to allow The Yankees to have Jimenez take a physical before a trade was made.

Red flags all over this one. Why would The Rox get rid of a player with an extremely team friendly contract? I think something is wrong with him.

blandman
07-30-2011, 10:10 PM
I watched him get his ass kicked at Arizona the other night and he was 92-94 on the gun. His slider and change-up looked good but every time he threw a fastball it was crushed.

The Rox also refused to allow The Yankees to have Jimenez take a physical before a trade was made.

Red flags all over this one. Why would The Rox get rid of a player with an extremely team friendly contract? I think something is wrong with him.

And 96-98 other nights; guns are inconsistent, but he's well above where he was at the beginning of the season when he was getting rocked.

Take a look at his home/road splits. He's got like a 2.80 era on the road, over 5 in Colorado. That's more telling than anything.

PalehosePlanet
07-30-2011, 10:21 PM
And 96-98 other nights; guns are inconsistent, but he's well above where he was at the beginning of the season when he was getting rocked.

Take a look at his home/road splits. He's got like a 2.80 era on the road, over 5 in Colorado. That's more telling than anything.

Most if not all Rockies' pitchers have and will have better road numbers than home numbers. So what? That doesn't explain why he suddenly became available after a near CY Young year with an incredibly team friendly contract, nor why they refused The Yankees a physical.

Foulke You
07-30-2011, 10:22 PM
Interesting move by the Tribe. I wasn't expecting them to "go for it" this year with such a young team. Time will tell if this move pans out better for Colorado. They have been struggling to score runs like the Sox lately so I'm surprised they didn't go after a hitter rather than a pitcher.

doublem23
07-30-2011, 10:42 PM
I know the Tribe are in our division and thus, our direct competition, but at least from a competitiveness standpoint, it's nice to see these small and mid market teams make splashes in at the July 31 trade deadline.

That said, I hope he sucks.

blandman
07-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Most if not all Rockies' pitchers have and will have better road numbers than home numbers. So what? That doesn't explain why he suddenly became available after a near CY Young year with an incredibly team friendly contract, nor why they refused The Yankees a physical.

His road numbers are Cy Young good, and his BABIP at home is ridiculously high this year. At least a little bit of it is bad luck.

blandman
07-30-2011, 10:51 PM
I know the Tribe are in our division and thus, our direct competition, but at least from a competitiveness standpoint, it's nice to see these small and mid market teams make splashes in at the July 31 trade deadline.

I say let 'em rot.

thomas35forever
07-30-2011, 11:09 PM
The Tribe can never afford to keep good players. We'll see how long he lasts with them. To be honest though, it may not matter if we continue to beat up on that team.

blandman
07-30-2011, 11:11 PM
The Tribe can never afford to keep good players. We'll see how long he lasts with them. To be honest though, it may not matter if we continue to beat up on that team.

He's under contract for $4 million next year with a $5.75 million option in 2013.

doublem23
07-31-2011, 09:15 AM
I say let 'em rot.

Well it's our own ****in fault that it's the end of July and these jerks are still in the race.

StillMissOzzie
07-31-2011, 02:30 PM
Hawk said today that this deal is NOT final, as apparently Colorado has been reluctant to release Ubaldo's medical records. He then went on to say that the Tigers flew him down to their spring training camp for a medical evaluation.

Withholdong of medical info oughta be a deal-breaker in my opinion, as your own evaluation may not detect what is already in the records, but there you go.

SMO
:gulp:

DSpivack
07-31-2011, 02:33 PM
Hawk said today that this deal is NOT final, as apparently Colorado has been reluctant to release Ubaldo's medical records. He then went on to say that the Tigers flew him down to their spring training camp for a medical evaluation.

Withholdong of medical info oughta be a deal-breaker in my opinion, as your own evaluation may not detect what is already in the records, but there you go.

SMO

Supposedly that's what scared off the Yankees from trading for him.

DSpivack
07-31-2011, 02:48 PM

SMO

Just read that Ubaldo passed his physical and the deal is now official, not sure where Hawk was getting that from.

EDIT: My apologies, Tim Kurkjian ESPNews just now reported that the physical isn't necessarily done, so deal might be off.