PDA

View Full Version : Edwin Jackson, Mark Teahen Appreciation Threads

doublem23
07-27-2011, 10:58 AM
They gone

guillensdisciple
07-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Anything official besides the official statements that they are gone?

Oh and thanks for the time playing.

Ron Karkovice
07-27-2011, 10:59 AM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2011/07/white-sox-trade-edwin-jackson-mark-teahen-to-blue-jays-three-way-deal-on-way/1

edit:

" The Chicago White Sox have traded starting pitcher Edwin Jackson and infielder Mark Teahen to the Toronto Blue Jays in exchange for reliever Jason Frasor and minor leaguers, which is expected to be the precursor of a deal that would send Cardinals center fielder Colby Rasmus to Toronto"

"The deal will free up about $9.5 million in salary for the White Sox."

-usa today

manders_01
07-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Edwin, you performed better than anyone expected for us. Mark, I liked you, even though most didn't. :smile:

Good luck to you both!!!

cleanwsox
07-27-2011, 11:03 AM
2 wrongs make a right here?

DirtySox
http://sadtrombone.com/

Lip Man 1
And so it begins...better late than never.

Now when the season ends, "it's time" to hold someone in the front office or with the field staff responsible for the mediocrity that's been around a lot since the start of the 2007 season.

The players aren't the only ones to blame.

Lip

MtGrnwdSoxFan
07-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Now watch Teahen go right back to killing us whenever he plays against us.

DirtySox
07-27-2011, 11:06 AM
For those that aren't reading the other thread. Frasor is a decent reliever having a fine year though pitching over his head currently. Has a $3.75 million option for next year, and projects as a Type B free agent.

Zach Stewart is a marginal prospect who is 24 and in AA. Don't expect much of anything from him. Back end starter or relief pitcher if things pan out.

Ron Karkovice
07-27-2011, 11:07 AM

Now when the season ends, "it's time" to hold someone in the front office or with the field staff responsible for the mediocrity that's been around a lot since the start of the 2007 season.

Lip

Are you implying that we are now "sellers," and are not trying to make the playoffs this year (not accusing or using a rude tone; serious question)

DSpivack
07-27-2011, 11:10 AM
Are you implying that we are now "sellers," and are not trying to make the playoffs this year (not accusing or using a rude tone; serious question)

That's what I read from KW's comments.

DirtySox
That's what I read from KW's comments.

Maybe we can get some actual value in the upcoming trades.

Rohan

Lip

I don't think we can assume this is a certan first step to a blow up... We traded away one we have an excess of (starting pitchers) and are hoping to get in return what we have a lack of (good bats).

Lip Man 1
07-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Ron:

Because of the mediocre division the Sox are in, buyers or sellers has little meaning but my impression (simply my opinion) is that Kenny has decided and it's anything (or anybody) goes if he can.

Lip

DSpivack
07-27-2011, 11:12 AM

I doubt it. Just more salary dumps.

My guess is Floyd traded.

I don't think we can assume this is a certan first step to a blow up... We traded away one we have an excess of (starting pitchers) and are hoping to get in return what we have a lack of (good bats).

Except that in return we're getting a reliever and a 25-year old AA SP.

DirtySox
Ron:

Because of the mediocre division the Sox are in, buyers or sellers has little meaning but my impression (simply my opinion) is that Kenny has decided and it's anything (or anybody) goes if he can.

Lip

There is more to come. Believe it.

Lip Man 1
Rohan:

Well than to get hitters the Sox have got to make more follow up deals because in essence they traded a starting pitcher for a relief pitcher.

Lip

amsteel
Odds Jackson pitches a gem against us and Teahen goes 6-10 against us the last series of the season?

Bummed to see Jackson go, he had some flashes of greatness. Teahen...I'll miss your twitter feed.

shes
07-27-2011, 11:15 AM
This must be a precursor to something else, otherwise the trade makes no sense from a value-for-value standpoint, whether we are buying or selling.

(Unless it's a straight salary dump...)

Huisj
07-27-2011, 11:16 AM

And when he raises his batting average 70 points to where it used to be with KC, it'll be another case of what-the-heck-is-Greg-Walker-doing-to-our-hitters??

JB98
07-27-2011, 11:16 AM

That would be nice. This move with Toronto is nothing more than shedding salary. Doesn't strengthen the team now or in the future.

I'm fine with backing up the truck and retooling. I'm tired of the poop I've been watching the first four months of the season. However, I expect the GM to get some decent return, instead of just dumping salary to satisfy his boss.

kevingrt
07-27-2011, 11:17 AM
This must be a precursor to something else, otherwise the trade makes no sense from a value-for-value standpoint, whether we are buying or selling.

It's probably a straight salary dump and it make me...

:whiner:

PorkChopExpress
07-27-2011, 11:21 AM
It also opened a roster spot, which De Aza has already filled.

CHISOXFAN13
07-27-2011, 11:22 AM

Toronto is picking up every last dime owed to Jackson and Teahen. It's a straight jump.

Hitmen77
07-27-2011, 11:23 AM

Lip

Don't hold your breath for this to happen.

Ron Karkovice
07-27-2011, 11:24 AM
It also opened a roster spot, which De Aza has already filled.

I'll say it.

What about Viciedo?

EDIT:

I know pierre or TCQ cant play CF and Lilli isnt a great option daily, etc etc.

hawkjt
07-27-2011, 11:26 AM
Odds Jackson pitches a gem against us and Teahen goes 6-10 against us the last series of the season?

Bummed to see Jackson go, he had some flashes of greatness. Teahen...I'll miss your twitter feed.

Early prediction: On Sept 26,the Sox will be officially eliminated by dropping a game to the Jays,with Mark Teahen and Cody Rasmus triggering the game winning rally vs Jason Frasor in the 8th inning.
The loss drops the Sox 3 games behind the Tigers with two game to play.

Oh yea...thanks for the efforts, Edwin and Mark!

SoxGirl4Life
07-27-2011, 11:28 AM
ummm... Thanks, guys!

Tragg
07-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Thanks Edwin - you pitched well. It wasn't your fault that Williams got taken to the cleaners when trading for you...you did your job.

KenBerryGrab
07-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Rohan:

Well than to get hitters the Sox have got to make more follow up deals because in essence they traded a starting pitcher for a relief pitcher.

Lip

Stewart is actually a pretty good starting prospect.

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2011/6/16/2226169/prospect-of-the-day-zach-stewart-rhp-toronto-blue-jays

JB98
07-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Thanks Edwin - you pitched well. It wasn't your fault that Williams got taken to the cleaners when trading for you...you did your job.

Agree completely. Jackson did his job. The GM did not.

RockJock07
07-27-2011, 11:31 AM
I don't know what some of you wanted in return. Jackson is an average pitcher and Teahen has been awful in a White Sox uni, what did you expect back in return?

Soxman24
07-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Thank's Edwin I liked you, Teahen, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

SOXPHILE
07-27-2011, 11:36 AM
-Teahan, can't say I'll miss that warning track power, and the routine ground outs.

-Jackson, average pitcher, lots and lots of deep counts to hitters, i.e. starting out 3-0 or 3-1, or the flipside, getting a guy 0-2 in the hole, before falling to 3-2, having them foul off a bunch of pitches and finally either walking or ripping a pitch for a hit. Can't say I'll miss that either.

WhiteSox5187
07-27-2011, 11:41 AM
That Hudson for Jackson trade was one of the worst trades Kenny has ever made. Good bye Edwin, it's not your fault our GM is an idiot.

KRS1
07-27-2011, 11:42 AM

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2011/6/16/2226169/prospect-of-the-day-zach-stewart-rhp-toronto-blue-jays

Sickel's likes him, but he's 25 and struggling in his second year in AA. Looks like he's got a good arm, though.

StepsInSC
07-27-2011, 11:43 AM
I don't know what some of you wanted in return. Jackson is an average pitcher and Teahen has been awful in a White Sox uni, what did you expect back in return?

Well, it appears the Jays are going to flip Jackson to the Cards for Rasmus . . .

voodoochile
07-27-2011, 11:43 AM
I doubt it. Just more salary dumps.

My guess is Floyd traded.

Except that in return we're getting a reliever and a 25-year old AA SP.

Floyd signed a very reasonable deal. I don't see him going anywhere. If anyone goes it will be Danks, IMO, but I won't be shocked if this is one of the last trades, merely to get some salary relief and strengthen the back end of the bullpen unless KW can actually move Rios. :tongue:

MeteorsSox4367
07-27-2011, 11:44 AM
With Teahen gone, this is Morel's opportunity to start every day. I don't want to see Ozzie decide that now is the time to platoon Vizquel and Morel.

I know some people expect Morel to be the next coming of George Brett or Mike Schmidt at third and hit .330 with 40 home runs. I'll be content if Morel develops into a solid .260-.270 hitter because he can catch the ball on a consistent basis.

Hey, Morel - honest to goodness, I think you can be the Sox' everyday third baseman. Don't let me down, dude.

doublem23
07-27-2011, 11:45 AM
I know some people expect Morel to be the next coming of George Brett or Mike Schmidt at third and hit .330 with 40 home runs. I'll be content if Morel develops into a solid .260-.270 hitter because he can catch the ball on a consistent basis.

Who are those people? Because they are insane.

wilburaga
07-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Subtraction by subtraction.

KRS1
07-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Well, it appears the Jays are going to flip Jackson to the Cards for Rasmus . . .

I know that's just a rumor at this point, but I'd be pretty pissed if Jackson is the centerpiece of that deal and we couldn't get it done.

balke
07-27-2011, 11:48 AM
With Teahen gone, this is Morel's opportunity to start every day. I don't want to see Ozzie decide that now is the time to platoon Vizquel and Morel.

Hey, Morel - honest to goodness, I think you can be the Sox' everyday third baseman. Don't let me down, dude.

If he's going to hit .270 he better hit about 17 more homeruns. His glove is above average - not spectacular.

WhiteSox5187
07-27-2011, 11:49 AM

My brother texted me (and I don't know where he is getting this from) that the Jays trade Jackson, Dotel and Rzepcynski for Rasmus. I think we probably could have put together an equally good package and have gotten Rasmus ourselves.

RockJock07
07-27-2011, 11:52 AM
I know that's just a rumor at this point, but I'd be pretty pissed if Jackson is the centerpiece of that deal and we couldn't get it done.

I guess I'm still assuming that the Cardinals wouldn't give up on their two time minor league player of the year who is still young. I know Jon Jay and Allen Craig have been nice surprises this season but Rasmus is still young.

DirtySox
07-27-2011, 11:52 AM
My brother texted me (and I don't know where he is getting this from) that the Jays trade Jackson, Dotel and Rzepcynski for Rasmus. I think we probably could have put together an equally good package and have gotten Rasmus ourselves.

If their isn't a top prospect involved, then yes.

Tragg
07-27-2011, 11:56 AM

I don't know who Rzepcynski is, but we certainly could have gone Jackson, Thornton and ....

#1swisher
07-27-2011, 12:00 PM
For those, that want to show their appreciation and support Chrysalis.

Mark and Lauren Teahen with White Sox Teammates

Rockit Bar & Grill
http://www.rockitbarandgrill.com/2011/07/15/summer-soiree-hosted-by-mark-lauren-teahen-with-white-sox-teammates/

dickallen15
07-27-2011, 12:08 PM
I don't know who Rzepcynski is, but we certainly could have gone Jackson, Thornton and ....
Maybe. How do you know the Cardinals wanted Thornton's contract? The Sox also shed Teahen's salary. I was told by someone who probably is telling the truth, STL wanted Sale. The Sox really didn't match for Rasmus and to be honest with his issues and JR's relationship with LaRussa, I wonder if they really wanted him.

Procol Harum
07-27-2011, 12:09 PM

You can bank on that, and why not? He killed the Sox playing for them, too (if defined as killing us softly with his lameness--there's a song there somewhere...).

Scottiehaswheels
07-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Just wonder how different the year would have gone replacing Walker long ago.

KRS1
07-27-2011, 12:14 PM
I guess I'm still assuming that the Cardinals wouldn't give up on their two time minor league player of the year who is still young. I know Jon Jay and Allen Craig have been nice surprises this season but Rasmus is still young.

Well, Buster says they did just that...

https://twitter.com/#!/Buster_ESPN (https://twitter.com/#%21/Buster_ESPN)

Colby Rasmus, Trever Miller, Brian Tallet and P.J. Walters for Jackson, Marc Rzepczynski, Dotel and Corey PattersonWow. Jays just stole the hell out of Rasmus and KW just handed them the tool to get it done.

KRS1
07-27-2011, 12:16 PM
And now Buster says Miller going to Chicago from Toronto. Ugh.

Smokey Burg
07-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Not sure I like this, especially what it may portend. Sox get rid of an average MLB pitcher and a slightly below average infielder and get a couple of never-will-be's in return. Hope that I'm wrong but, this could be the opening shot for a blow-up.

fram40
07-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Early prediction: On Sept 26,the Sox will be officially eliminated by dropping a game to the Jays,with Mark Teahen and Cody Rasmus triggering the game winning rally vs Jason Frasor in the 8th inning.
The loss drops the Sox 3 games behind the Tigers with two game to play.

Oh yea...thanks for the efforts, Edwin and Mark!

I'd be shocked if the Sox are still in the race with three games left

RockJock07
07-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Well, Buster says they did just that...

https://twitter.com/#!/Buster_ESPN (https://twitter.com/#%21/Buster_ESPN)

Wow. Jays just stole the hell out of Rasmus and KW just handed them the tool to get it done.

We don't know what happened, if the Cards wanted sale they can go **** themselves.

Soxman219
07-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Jackson was great in the home opener, showed flashes of greatness and Teahen had some great plays.

That's all I got.

vinny
07-27-2011, 12:26 PM
So long, Edwin. When you were good you were very good; when you were bad you were horrid. I'm just glad now that you're leaving that people here won't complain anymore about losing Hudson.

Teahen, your defense got better, your bat didn't. See ya.

Noneck
07-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Both seemed like good guys, one did help the club, the other didnt.

TDog
07-27-2011, 12:28 PM

Stewart as a prospect isn't so different from Hudson as a prospct, except that Stewart wasn't as horrendous this year in his starts against th Orioles, braves and Tigers as Hudson was last season against the Royals, Mariners and A's before the White Sox traded him for Jackson.

I don't think this was simply a salary dump. Teahan was underperforming, but his contract and his defense weren't nearly as bad as WSI consensus had it. He would have made a better designated hitter from the left side than Dunn this year, but that isn't setting the bar very high. Teahen started off the year hitting righties very well, but he never recovered after coming off the DL, just as Dunn hasn't done much since his surgery in early April.

The Sox would have been better off trading Peavy and Dunn from a salary dump perspective as well as a competitive perspective.

Jackson actually panned out better than Peavy did after coming to the Sox. His leaving may return the Sox to the days of fifth starter issues. I'm not sure if Humber has hit a wall, and I'm not sure if Peavy is going to come back to be the pitcher h can be.

The Sox have needed bullpen help for a while. The bullpen has been pitching well, although it lost Tuesday night's game. But with so few go-to guys, I'm afraid it could be overworked.

VMSNS
07-27-2011, 12:29 PM
EJax and Teahen were both bad moves by KW.

Sorry guys, but I won't miss you.

pudge
07-27-2011, 12:35 PM
The Sox have needed bullpen help for a while. The bullpen has been pitching well, although it lost Tuesday night's game. But with so few go-to guys, I'm afraid it could be overworked.

If it's not a salary dump, why not just move one of your 6 starters to the pen? I guess they can use an extra arm in the pen, but this seems an awful lot like a pure salary dump.

TDog
07-27-2011, 12:36 PM

Marc Rzepczynski was at the center of a White Sox win on May 26 (http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/TOR/TOR201105260.shtml).

#1swisher
07-27-2011, 12:41 PM
If it's not a salary dump, why not just move one of your 6 starters to the pen? I guess they can use an extra arm in the pen, but this seems an awful lot like a pure salary dump.

KW on the pregame, said the White Sox needed to "make a dent in our payroll here, which has been stressed a little bit.

TDog
07-27-2011, 12:44 PM

It is a salary dump in the respect that releasing Teahen in order to replace him from the minors would cost the White Sox more money. But I'm not sure Jackson or Humbeer would be a better reliever than Frasor.

I think the ultimate objective in making the trade was improving the team and not cutting payrolll.

russ99
07-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Kind of miffed at Kenny - if the second part of this goes down where Jackson goes to STL for Rasmus.

Why take Frasor and a good pitching prospect when Jackson could have been sent to STL for Rasmus straight up.

slavko
07-27-2011, 12:47 PM
KW on the pregame, said the White Sox needed to "make a dent in our payroll here, which has been stressed a little bit.

Kenny talks too much. Looks like a dump to me, but not a straight dump. Let's see what the next few days bring before we assess it. Jackson is owed what for the rest of the year, $4M? Chump change, barely enough for a month of Manny Ramirez. Not much of a dump. Teahen? That's a dump of a contract that shouldn't have been offered in the first place.

I'll get back to you on Monday.

MeteorsSox4367
07-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Who are those people? Because they are insane.

Sorry. Should have clarified it better. Because he plays third base, some of our fellow WSI posters expect Morel to be a slugger who hits for a high average and drives in 100 runs per season.

My point was that because Morel has shown signs that he can catch and throw quite well, defense is his primary purpose. On a team with hitters like Konerko, Dunn and TCQ, it should be a bonus and not a necessity if Morel drives in a good amount of runs.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
07-27-2011, 12:58 PM
I heard on the Score that the Sox may not be doing a fire sale, all that was said that the Sox will not add payroll above what it was. They may be using the money saved from this deal to an acquisition this year.

Just sharing what I heard.

JB98
07-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Kind of miffed at Kenny - if the second part of this goes down where Jackson goes to STL for Rasmus.

Why take Frasor and a good pitching prospect when Jackson could have been sent to STL for Rasmus straight up.

St. Louis wanted bullpen help also. I think the Sox would have included Thornton in the deal, but not Sale. No way the Cardinals would take Thornton, because Matt is scheduled to make a combined $10 million over the next two years -- plus a $6 million option with a $1 million buyout for 2014.

The Pujols contract is the 500-ton elephant in the room down in St. Louis. The Cardinals didn't want any significant financial commitments beyond this year, which is why they are interested in a low-priced lefty like Mark Rzepcynski.

ajismyhero
07-27-2011, 01:13 PM

I concur, i hope this isn't Kenny throwing in the towel for the rest of the season.

Irishsox1
07-27-2011, 01:22 PM
I thought Jackson was a decent pickup until I found out he was represented by Scott Boras. Then it became clear he was a rent a player. Adios!

As for Mark Teahen, he sure sounded awesome in Moneyball!

soxinem1
07-27-2011, 01:53 PM

If he stays in TOR that would be a lot less frequently than if he played in the AL Central.

Now if he goes back to KC or later winds up in CLE or DET........ uh oh.

bigdommer
07-27-2011, 03:36 PM

They could not have gotten Jackson for Rasmus straight up. Jays threw in Patterson (3rd or 4th outfielder, decent NL player), Rzepczynski (cheap, efficient LHP), 3 players, and cash. Teahen/Dotel/Miller look like a 3 way salary dump of minimal usage players.

By no means would I call this a "good" trade in light of how KW originally acquired them, it was about the best I expected. Teahen is scheduled to make $5.5MM next year and was the worst player on the team who was remotely movable. If you forget his history with those two and view this as a separate trade, KW essentially trimmed $10MM of payroll without weakening the team.

spongyfungy
07-27-2011, 04:36 PM

Cards to Teahan's 7.2 million left on deal:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_9HaR-XEG47k/TEJsvV_dCxI/AAAAAAAAIC8/tA0Gz-4BDt8/s1600/News_DoNotWant.jpg

Anyways. Teahen, I always thought you looked like a chubby Ray Liotta

Crestani
07-27-2011, 04:50 PM
I concur, i hope this isn't Kenny throwing in the towel for the rest of the season.

I think it was more of trying to get his boss off his ass for spending so much on garbage..!!

p.s.
I hope one trick pony Thornton is next..??

SOXSINCE'70
07-27-2011, 04:53 PM
There is more to come. Believe it.

This is where the narrator from the 60's Tv show "Batman" would say
"The Worst Is Yet To Come".:(:

kaufsox
07-27-2011, 07:09 PM
It's probably a straight salary dump and it make me...

:whiner:

Why? Shedding salary will help in the long run

Brian26
07-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Usually when reading these threads, people bring up great memories and moments from a player's career on the Sox. For Pablo Ozuna, it was the suicide bunt in '06. For Crede, it was the walkoff homer against Detroit in late '05. For Iguchi, it was the ALDS Game 2 homer or the Grand Slam in '06 against Houston. Even Borchard and Brian Anderson had great "moments".

Here we are, 6 or 7 pages in, and not one person has a specific memory of either guy that stands out. That's telling, and I'm not being sarcastic.

I'll throw a couple out there-

For Edwin Jackson, he was magnificent on Opening Day at the Cell this year. For Teahen, he hit that big homer late in a game against (Oak? Det?) a few weeks ago. Really, though, that's all I got.

Hopefully the Zach Stewart era brings better memories.

Taliesinrk
07-27-2011, 07:41 PM
I remember someone who posted the Sox record w/ and w/o Teahen. Now, the Sox will always be w/o Teahen.

JB98
07-27-2011, 08:05 PM
Usually when reading these threads, people bring up great memories and moments from a player's career on the Sox. For Pablo Ozuna, it was the suicide bunt in '06. For Crede, it was the walkoff homer against Detroit in late '05. For Iguchi, it was the ALDS Game 2 homer or the Grand Slam in '06 against Houston. Even Borchard and Brian Anderson had great "moments".

Here we are, 6 or 7 pages in, and not one person has a specific memory of either guy that stands out. That's telling, and I'm not being sarcastic.

For Edwin Jackson, he was magnificent on Opening Day at the Cell this year. For Teahen, he hit that big homer late in a game against (Oak? Det?) a few weeks ago. Really, though, that's all I got.

It was against Washington, a 3-run HR in the ninth that tied the game at 3-3. The Sox lost 9-5 in 14 innings anyway.

Lamp81
07-27-2011, 10:52 PM
I will always appreciate how cool Edwin Jackson was with my kids on Kids Day, last month. Nothing real special, just autographs and posed for pictures, but he was nice about it, and didn't seem bothered to be there, like a lot of the other players.

guillensdisciple
07-27-2011, 11:05 PM
I will always appreciate how Edwin wore his hat in the dugout, I thought it looked really cool.

kevingrt
07-27-2011, 11:14 PM
I will always appreciate how Edwin wore his hat in the dugout, I thought it looked really cool.

He was a straight balla. I will never forget that.

Well by tomorrow I might.

hawkjt
07-27-2011, 11:33 PM
From the day he arrived to the day he left, Edwin Jackson always had a smile on his face,and seemed to really appreciate his opportunities. Guy had a great smile,and personality,it seemed to me.
As he said today,as a military brat,he was born on the road,so he rolls with it. I wish him great luck in St Louis...he is talented.

thomas35forever
07-27-2011, 11:34 PM
I'll miss Edwin. Teahen? Not so much.

VA_GoGoSox
07-27-2011, 11:38 PM
Vaya con dios, Teahen. One of the worst moves of kenny's tenure.

EJ was dead nuts when we needed him last year. Too bad everyone else couldn't keep up. Would have loved to have him for a pennant drive this year

Falstaff
07-28-2011, 12:09 AM
I don't like this at all. Edwin was/is a huge piece of the rotation, especially with broken Jake Peavy unable to carry full load. Just seems like an impulsive move by Kenny, but the wrong one. Edwin was worth Hudson, but the incoming outcome (some reliever and low grade prospects) degrades the team and the organization. Yeah, if you are going to rebuild, get some actual value in return. Obviously this move signals "tip your hat" and "wait till next year". Crying in my beer.:angry:

GoSox4
07-28-2011, 02:40 AM
Edwin had some swag

Lorenzo Barcelo
07-29-2011, 02:07 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/6813652/newly-acquired-edwin-jackson-start-st-louis-cardinals-friday

I like Edwin's quotes. Says all the right things, but is wrong.

SI1020
07-29-2011, 02:33 PM
I don't like this at all. Edwin was/is a huge piece of the rotation, especially with broken Jake Peavy unable to carry full load. Just seems like an impulsive move by Kenny, but the wrong one. Edwin was worth Hudson, but the incoming outcome (some reliever and low grade prospects) degrades the team and the organization. Yeah, if you are going to rebuild, get some actual value in return. Obviously this move signals "tip your hat" and "wait till next year". Crying in my beer.:angry: I didn't care for the trade that brought Jackson to the Sox, and I wasn't even that high on the potential of Hudson. That being said, all in all Jackson pulled his weight for a back end of the rotation guy. I have no faith whatsoever that Peavy is ever going to be even an approximation of his former Cy Young self. When you put the two trades involving Jackson together all is see is at its best some wheels spinning.

Moses_Scurry
07-29-2011, 02:35 PM
I was at the game against Washington that Teahen tied with a 3 run homer in the ninth. I'll always appreciate him for that moment. Unfortunately they still lost the game. Jackson ... I got nothin'. He did have some good starts, but no real defining moments. He started and pitched well in the above mentioned Washington game.

asindc
07-29-2011, 04:44 PM

Ozuna's biggest Sox moment was the pinch-run/steal after AJ's antics in Game 2 of the ALCS.

Crede's"JOE! CREDE!!" HR was against Cleveland.

Iguchi did not hit a GS against Houston.

Ah, the memories...:smile:

MtGrnwdSoxFan
07-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Ozuna's biggest Sox moment was the pinch-run/steal after AJ's antics in Game 2 of the ALCS.

Podsednik hit the GS against Houston in '06...I was at that game. But I'd say his solo walk-off bomb in Game 2 of the World Series was a little more defining.

The point is good, though...I literally cannot pick one "defining" moment for these two players. Jackson pitched well for us, but he didn't really dominate (except for Opening Day, which is probably as close to a defining moment as we'll get with him), and Teahen...well, if I have nothing nice to say, I won't say anything at all.

Hell, even Swisher had a defining moment (the walk-off HR against the Tigers in the 13th).

Thigpen "57"
07-29-2011, 04:54 PM

Yes he did. Bottom of the 9th to tie the game...
http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHA/CHA200606250.shtml

MtGrnwdSoxFan
07-29-2011, 04:56 PM

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. They ended up losing, though...

soltrain21
07-29-2011, 04:57 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l6lhbhPSWe1qzo55r.gif

guillensdisciple
07-29-2011, 05:01 PM

Hahahahahahahahaha

gets me all the time.

asindc
07-29-2011, 05:22 PM

I sit corrected, though I still don't think it compares to Gooch's ALDS HR. Snap that!:smile: